True Repentance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
I will never say that a person does not need to repent as some might think. I have said that a person has to continually have an attitude of repentance. But, to some that means I don’t believe a person has to repent. I do not believe that repentance is knowing you have committed a sin and then pulling down your get out of sin repentance card.In this article I have said what I believe true repentance to be. Some seen to have a different opinion and they are welcome to it. But that does not mean I have to share their opinion OR that they have to share mine.IMHO (In my honest opinion), to the religious mind, repenting of sins is something that a person does, at some time or other, to ask for forgiveness for a sin they think they have committed. I say it this way because, for them, they must pick a time and go to God in a prayer of words and ask for forgiveness for that sin. They do it only when they think they have done something wrong. For the rest of their time they rationalize that they do not sin and therefore do not have to repent.True repentance "IS" a "CONSTANT ATTITUDE" of the heart and is not an action that is done at some place or time. --- It is constantly acknowledging (admitting to God) that you are a sinful person in the flesh and that you need His forgiveness, the need for God, who paid for your sins, to save you from your sinful nature in the flesh. -- It is a constant humble walk with God (the Holy Spirit that lives in your heart) in honesty, without deceit. -- To be exact it is and attitude of the heart and it is not a ritual that you do at some place or time.1. A repenting; penitent state; feeling of sorrow, etc. especially for wrongdoing; compunction, contrition; remorse. A child of God feels remorseful that he/she sins but since they live in a body of sinful flesh there is no way they can stop from sinning in the flesh. Paul couldn’t in Romans 7 and neither can we.Ps 32:1-21 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.2 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.(NKJ)Deceit = dishonesty / a person saying they have no sin is being dishonest (deceitful) with God. Therefore having a constant honest attitude of acknowledging your sinful nature to God and placing your faith, trust, confidence, and hope in God's work on the cross to save you from your sinful nature is true repentance. A person that does not acknowledge his/her sins (sinful nature) is being dishonest with God and will feel no need to have an constant attitude of repentance. IMHO they are like the Pharisee below.Luke 18:11-1411 "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men-- extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.12 'I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'13 "And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'14 "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."(NKJ)The tax collector was repenting, he was sorrowful, contrite, remorseful, because of his sinfulness. But that does not mean he stopped being a sinful person or a tax collector.Richard

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
I will never say that a person does not need to repent as some might think.
This is because you dont understand salvation..

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Richard few agree with you because you follow a doctrine of a religion the same way a Catholic or Penecostal Baptist whatever might see their doctine as right a non-follower of their religion Would not agree ... The fact is like it or not Gods word has no denominations in it ... When one follows a doctrine of a religion it is not nessarily a correct interpetation of Gods Words ..but rather a interptation of men of a certain set of beliefs ..men have chosen to interpt a certain Way ..if that interptation by men is in error .. the whole basis for the religion doctrine is full of holes ... Your doctrine is full of holes it is a mans interptation of Gods Word ...Not Gods Word ..so because you chose a doctrine of men over the message of the Entire Word ... Your entire understanding is seen through the filter of mens interptation of a few scriptures. Now I dont know nor much care what you call yourself but you preach based on Calvanistic doctrine which is a false doctrine http://www.geocities.com/landmarkbiblebapt.../calvinism.html

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Not one word has been addressed about the issue I raised in my post.One indicates I am wrong because "I don't understand salvation." Another says "what I preach is based on Calvanistic doctrine which is a false doctrine." Another says "Richard few agree with you because you follow a doctrine of a religion the same way a Catholic."Who said few agree with me? Where is your poll numbers and from whom did you get your poll information. --- It is a common deceptive approach to try and make someone feel that no one believes as they do. To make one feel alone in their believe, and it is not something a child of God will USE to malign another. None of the above has anything to do with what I posted. Is repentance a one time deal when a person thinks they have sinned Or is it a humble attitude of the heart? Not one of you addressed this. Instead you want to make out that I am totally out of it for raising the question. How quint.I quoted; "11 "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men-- extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.12 'I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'13 "And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'14 "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."(NKJ)The tax collector was repenting, he was sorrowful, contrite, remorseful, because of his sinfulness. But that does not mean he stopped being a sinful person or a tax collector. --- was the tax collector not repenting, sorryful, contrite, remorsefull about his sinful condition? Come on now, address this. Where is your proof that the Tax collector stopped being a Tax collector. Where is your proof that he stopped sinning in the flesh?Your replies are amazing.

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
Not one word has been addressed about the issue I raised in my post.
You have avoided many of my propositions..a whole lot of them..QUOTE
Honestly neither do you,
I know your sincere, but your sincerley decieved..

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
You all just can't stop with the maligning of me can you. You refuse to address the OP and that is because you can't. In reality you know I am right and you will not admit it. And you will sit back and say you love others, then post your hatred. You make a joke out of yourselves. You all are so full of hate towards me and then you can sit back and claim you are not sinning. You are only fooling yourselves. You are doing the same things the Pharisees did.Since you all seem to speak for the forum I am sure you will find someone else to hate because that is what the religious do. I haven't looked to see the others you hate. Perhaps I should. Oh, but you will decieve yourselves by saying you love me and are doing what you are doing because you love me. Amazing!!!! Children of God do not use hate to win over others?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (RichardBurger @ Mar 16 2009, 02:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70935
You all just can't stop with the maligning of me can you. You refuse to address the OP and that is because you can't. In reality you know I am right and you will not admit it. And you will sit back and say you love others, then post your hatred. You make a joke out of yourselves. You all are so full of hate towards me and then you can sit back and claim you are not sinning. You are only fooling yourselves. You are doing the same things the Pharisees did.Since you all seem to speak for the forum I am sure you will find someone else to hate because that is what the religious do. I haven't looked to see the others you hate. Perhaps I should. Oh, but you will decieve yourselves by saying you love me and are doing what you are doing because you love me. Amazing!!!! Children of God do not use hate to win over others?
And that isnt what I said ... I said if I one follows any religion such as Catholic Penecost or whatever they believe its right but another may not so dont twist my words ... And secondley we are NOT maliging you but your false doctrine because its not biblical ... Its your choice to follow it because we see through the false hoods of it and you dont thats still your problem your choice

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
QUOTE (Christina @ Mar 16 2009, 05:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70938
And that isnt what I said ... I said if I one follows any religion such as Catholic Penecost or whatever they believe its right but another may not so dont twist my words ... And secondley we are maliging you but your false doctrine because its not biblical ... Its your choice to follow it because we see through the false hoods of it and you dont thats still your problem your choice
So you admit that you are maligning me.4. No insults allowed. This rule will be strictly enforced. This community has a core set of beliefs that we clearly state at multiple locations on this website. However, we recognize that unity is Christ is the ultimate aim and this can be achieved even when there is disagreement on doctrinal issues. A good way to avoid this issue is to focus on the doctrine and not the person. This, of course, includes any kind of insults based on race or beliefs.6. No flaming, harassing, or trolling. We recognize that these terms may be unfamiliar to some, but they are a virtual extension of the insults prohibition. Flaming is when a member or members follow another member around the forum by making rude and inflammatory posts verbally attacking another member. Harassment is similar to flaming, but may be carried out through other means such as private message (PM) or email. Last but not least, trolling is the practice of making posts only meant to annoy, offend, or simply disrupt.You can't even follow the rules of the forum.

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
You all just can't stop with the maligning of me can you. You refuse to address the OP and that is because you can't.
You just made a OP of something already discussed and i contributed to already..

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (RichardBurger @ Mar 16 2009, 04:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70939
QUOTE (Christina @ Mar 16 2009, 04:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70938
And that isnt what I said ... I said if I one follows any religion such as Catholic Penecost or whatever they believe its right but another may not so dont twist my words ... And secondley we are maliging you but your false doctrine because its not biblical ... Its your choice to follow it because we see through the false hoods of it and you dont thats still your problem your choice
So you admit that you are maligning me.4. No insults allowed. This rule will be strictly enforced. This community has a core set of beliefs that we clearly state at multiple locations on this website. However, we recognize that unity is Christ is the ultimate aim and this can be achieved even when there is disagreement on doctrinal issues. A good way to avoid this issue is to focus on the doctrine and not the person. This, of course, includes any kind of insults based on race or beliefs.6. No flaming, harassing, or trolling. We recognize that these terms may be unfamiliar to some, but they are a virtual extension of the insults prohibition. Flaming is when a member or members follow another member around the forum by making rude and inflammatory posts verbally attacking another member. Harassment is similar to flaming, but may be carried out through other means such as private message (PM) or email. Last but not least, trolling is the practice of making posts only meant to annoy, offend, or simply disrupt.You can't even follow the rules of the forum.Can't you read Richard? It was her typo... she meant we AREN'T, but your false doctrine.QUOTE
A good way to avoid this issue is to focus on the doctrine and not the person.
Lastly Richard...QUOTE
1. Blasphemy will not be tolerated. This forum is intended for a Christian audience. Those who are not of the Christian faith are welcome to sign up but will be relegated to private forum discussion with staff members only. Any derogatory remarks about God (including the Son and Holy Spirit) will be removed. The same goes for remarks about Christianity. Do not hold the Bible to be the Word of God? We are not interested, then....3. Do not lie. True Christians will not post rumors or false accusations, one would think that would be a given. However, this is one thing we will not tolerate. Remember that our father hates false balances/scales (Proverbs 11:1). This includes lying about yourself to gain access to forums as well.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (RichardBurger @ Mar 16 2009, 02:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70939
So you admit that you are maligning me.4. No insults allowed. This rule will be strictly enforced. This community has a core set of beliefs that we clearly state at multiple locations on this website. However, we recognize that unity is Christ is the ultimate aim and this can be achieved even when there is disagreement on doctrinal issues. A good way to avoid this issue is to focus on the doctrine and not the person. This, of course, includes any kind of insults based on race or beliefs.6. No flaming, harassing, or trolling. We recognize that these terms may be unfamiliar to some, but they are a virtual extension of the insults prohibition. Flaming is when a member or members follow another member around the forum by making rude and inflammatory posts verbally attacking another member. Harassment is similar to flaming, but may be carried out through other means such as private message (PM) or email. Last but not least, trolling is the practice of making posts only meant to annoy, offend, or simply disrupt.You can't even follow the rules of the forum.
No!!!!!!!!!! I do not I admit it ...............I admit I forgot the word Not in my post ...but read in context you could easily see I was saying it is your doctrine we maligin You dont want to listen to our critique of your doctrine than stop posting your false doctrine all the whining and complaning in the World will not make us accept your anti Biblical doctrine .... Buck up get past your false doctrine and hear your Father and stop complaing because we do not see God Words in yours

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
WHat was said in begining of forum is quiet correct, yes Jesus has already forgiven us of our sins, He already knows that we have sinned, the whole point in repentance is to let Jesus know that you are aware of your sin, that you know it is wrong and need to change, then if you are willing to let Him so He can start to change you, you cannot change yourself. As was just mentioned to me, its like the prodigal son, who took his whole inheritance and blew it, realised he had done wrong, and even though he knew he didnt deserve anything, turned back to his father and asked for forgiveness. Of course this very rarely happens in the real world, but here is God talking of us and Himself. But one must remember that once HE has forgiven you that is the end of it, of course the enemy like to drag up the past, dont let him.God bless

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
QUOTE (mjrhealth @ Mar 17 2009, 06:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70967
WHat was said in begining of forum is quiet correct, yes Jesus has already forgiven us of our sins, He already knows that we have sinned, the whole point in repentance is to let Jesus know that you are aware of your sin, that you know it is wrong and need to change, then if you are willing to let Him so He can start to change you, you cannot change yourself. As was just mentioned to me, its like the prodigal son, who took his whole inheritance and blew it, realised he had done wrong, and even though he knew he didnt deserve anything, turned back to his father and asked for forgiveness. Of course this very rarely happens in the real world, but here is God talking of us and Himself. But one must remember that once HE has forgiven you that is the end of it, of course the enemy like to drag up the past, dont let him.God bless
Thanks for acknowledging that my OP was correct. As you can see from all the other replies there has not been any that would talk about the subject of my OP. All they are doing is denigrating me. They want to make ME the subject of the thread. I am afraid, that if you agree with me, you will soon be attacked by the mob on this forum who make these kinds of replies and you will become the subject of ridicule.Quote, "You don’t want to listen to our critique of your doctrine than stop posting your false doctrine all the whining and complaining in the World will not make us accept your anti Biblical doctrine .... Buck up get past your false doctrine and hear your Father and stop complain because we do not see God Words in yours."These people really think that attacking the character of others is a loving thing to do. If you disagree with them they will make the same replies to you that they make to me.Take care and God bless you.RichardQUOTE (Christina @ Mar 16 2009, 11:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70951
No!!!!!!!!!! I do not I admit it ...............I admit I forgot the word Not in my post ...but read in context you could easily see I was saying it is your doctrine we maligin You dont want to listen to our critique of your doctrine than stop posting your false doctrine all the whining and complaning in the World will not make us accept your anti Biblical doctrine .... Buck up get past your false doctrine and hear your Father and stop complaing because we do not see God Words in yours
Christina, you sound just like the Pharisees. That is one reason why I KNOW I am correct.

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
WHat was said in begining of forum is quiet correct, yes Jesus has already forgiven us of our sins, He already knows that we have sinned, the whole point in repentance is to let Jesus know that you are aware of your sin, that you know it is wrong and need to change
This is absolutely wrong and deceptive..Jesus christ gives repentance [change] to those he saved..acts 5: 31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. He gives them repentance because their sins are forgiven them already..He blesses them by turning them [giving repentance] from their sins..acts 3: 25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 26Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.and according to vs 25 this blessing belongs to all the kindreds of the earth..not just jews..

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
QUOTE (savedbygrace57 @ Mar 17 2009, 12:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70972
This is absolutely wrong and deceptive..Jesus christ gives repentance [change] to those he saved..acts 5: 31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. He gives them repentance because their sins are forgiven them already..He blesses them by turning them [giving repentance] from their sins..acts 3: 25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 26Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.and according to vs 25 this blessing belongs to all the kindreds of the earth..not just jews..
Well, savedbygrace57, Who made you the arbitrator of the truth? Oh, I get it, you did. Give me a break.At this time I will do as you did. Quote, "You are absolutely wrong and deceptive." There, that should do it. LOLSome people just can't stop writing these stupid comments. I guess it shows the love they have in their hearts.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (RichardBurger @ Mar 17 2009, 05:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70969
Thanks for acknowledging that my OP was correct. As you can see from all the other replies there has not been any that would talk about the subject of my OP. All they are doing is denigrating me. They want to make ME the subject of the thread. I am afraid, that if you agree with me, you will soon be attacked by the mob on this forum who make these kinds of replies and you will become the subject of ridicule.Quote, "You don’t want to listen to our critique of your doctrine than stop posting your false doctrine all the whining and complaining in the World will not make us accept your anti Biblical doctrine .... Buck up get past your false doctrine and hear your Father and stop complain because we do not see God Words in yours."These people really think that attacking the character of others is a loving thing to do. If you disagree with them they will make the same replies to you that they make to me.Take care and God bless you.RichardChristina, you sound just like the Pharisees. That is one reason why I KNOW I am correct.
LOL........of course you would say that because I want to walk in the way of Christ and follow Gods Words and ...You call that Bad Works I will say again this is a NON Denominational Bible study site ... As long as you continue to push a religious denomination teaching.. one called a heresies at that ...........Dont ask for our support of your doctrines ..

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
QUOTE (Christina @ Mar 17 2009, 03:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70986
LOL........of course you would say that because I want to walk in the way of Christ and follow Gods Words and ...You call that Bad Works I will say again this is a NON Denominational Bible study site ... As long as you continue to push a religious denomination teaching.. one called a heresies at that ...........Dont ask for our support of your doctrines ..
Christina, I said that, if a person posts something you do not believe, you will assassinate their character and your replies assassinating my character shows that I am right. To you there can be no disagreement. It is your way or the highway.You claim to walk in the way of Christ, to follow God's Words, and yet you show that you are vindictive and antagonistic. That is not what God wants in His children. I walk in the way of Christ, follow His words, and find no reason to attack anyone’s character.This is not a Bible Study site as you claim. You, and others, will not permit any conclusions that are not your own. So how can it be a Bible Study. What you have made of this site is a study of your Theology and any other theology can not be discussed. It makes a closed discussion site only fit for those with a closed mind.You claim that I push a religious denomination teaching that is heretical and yet you have said, that there is no one out there that agrees with me. You totally ignore that I am also non-denominational. I do not believe in the teachings of the Christian denominations of today.I have NEVER asked for your support so your claim that I do is false. I post what I believe and you wish to crucify for believing it. Those that read my posts know I don’t need your support. I get along just fine without it.I have always said others can believe as they wish but you have never given me that freedom.You can make all the excuses you wish for your behavior but it does not cover up your attitude towards those that disagree with you.

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
Well, savedbygrace57, Who made you the arbitrator of the truth
See how you reject truth ? I gave you a biblical response, and you reject it..

Status
Not open for further replies.