Trust

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
[font="Tahoma]Romans1:1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that yepresent your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God,which is your reasonable service.[/font]

[font="Tahoma]Consideringthat the subject of trust is on my mind this evening this might seema strange verse to kick it off with but in my, perhaps, twisted mind,it isn't. And then this has become my life verse at this point in mylife and without trust in the Word of, the person of and the HolySpirit of God, it is impossible to surrender your life to the serviceof the LORD in a sacrificial manor.[/font]

[font="Tahoma]Recentlythe hot button topic on several forums I frequent has been men'sideas of just what Hell really is. I have even used a recent articleof mine, “No Literal Hell?” to stir up one of these hotdiscussions. On the five forums I have had posts that werereassuring that some still believe the Word of God over men's ideasbut to the other end of the spectrum I have also been called totallyunreasonable, in different words, for believing that a Loving Godcould even do such a thing. Along with the article, where able to, Iposted a Poll Question to those that would answer, “Is the Biblethe Word of God and for that reason is the Catching Away, a.k.a. theRapture, a fact?” Because I was careful to frame the question andto only allow a yes or a no answer many refused to answer. Of thosethat have to this point there is a 10 to none average that believe. The others want to separate the issues so they can vote no on theRapture. But to do that is to lie when one says the Bible is theWord of God if he/she does not believe the passages foretelling theRapture, then all of the Bible is not the Word of God in their mind,no matter what they say.[/font]

[font="Tahoma]Andthus I have arrived at this article. In 2Tim. 3:16, I learned thatall and yes, that really does mean all scripture is God breathed andworthy for teaching. Now, I have been called a fool more than onceor standing, flat-footed, on the scriptures but I have rememberedRom. 12:1 and have trusted my God to lead me into Salvation andbecause He has, He also filled me with the Holy Spirit and from theSpirit of God I have 'trust.' I would that all grew to maturity intheir faith but God is not a Cosmic Bully and He has required a fewthings from each of us. Why don you try Him? He is faithful, Ipromise![/font]

banjo71

May 9, 2011
IL
[font="Tahoma]Romans1:1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that yepresent your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God,which is your reasonable service.[/font]

[font="Tahoma]Consideringthat the subject of trust is on my mind this evening this might seema strange verse to kick it off with but in my, perhaps, twisted mind,it isn't. And then this has become my life verse at this point in mylife and without trust in the Word of, the person of and the HolySpirit of God, it is impossible to surrender your life to the serviceof the LORD in a sacrificial manor.[/font]

[font="Tahoma]Recentlythe hot button topic on several forums I frequent has been men'sideas of just what Hell really is. I have even used a recent articleof mine, “No Literal Hell?” to stir up one of these hotdiscussions. On the five forums I have had posts that werereassuring that some still believe the Word of God over men's ideasbut to the other end of the spectrum I have also been called totallyunreasonable, in different words, for believing that a Loving Godcould even do such a thing. Along with the article, where able to, Iposted a Poll Question to those that would answer, “Is the Biblethe Word of God and for that reason is the Catching Away, a.k.a. theRapture, a fact?” Because I was careful to frame the question andto only allow a yes or a no answer many refused to answer. Of thosethat have to this point there is a 10 to none average that believe. The others want to separate the issues so they can vote no on theRapture. But to do that is to lie when one says the Bible is theWord of God if he/she does not believe the passages foretelling theRapture, then all of the Bible is not the Word of God in their mind,no matter what they say.[/font]

[font="Tahoma]Andthus I have arrived at this article. In 2Tim. 3:16, I learned thatall and yes, that really does mean all scripture is God breathed andworthy for teaching. Now, I have been called a fool more than onceor standing, flat-footed, on the scriptures but I have rememberedRom. 12:1 and have trusted my God to lead me into Salvation andbecause He has, He also filled me with the Holy Spirit and from theSpirit of God I have 'trust.' I would that all grew to maturity intheir faith but God is not a Cosmic Bully and He has required a fewthings from each of us. Why don you try Him? He is faithful, Ipromise![/font]

Aren't faith and trust similar? Isn't faith a type of trust? So that if you trust God, you also have faith in Him. Trust is a fight or flight decision. When we're sinking deep into sin, even as Christians, will our instinct to trust the Hand that comes to save us, or will we reject it? Faith in Christ is the assurance and confidence in Christ which we cannot see. It is a form of trust. Faith begins as a mustard seed, but trust is a must-have immediate reaction to crisis...there's no time for not trusting, so our trust comes to fruition and faith begins.

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
[quote name='One of God's Children' timestamp='1305169040' post='110471']
Aren't faith and trust similar? Isn't faith a type of trust? So that if you trust God, you also have faith in Him. Trust is a fight or flight decision. When we're sinking deep into sin, even as Christians, will our instinct to trust the Hand that comes to save us, or will we reject it? Faith in Christ is the assurance and confidence in Christ which we cannot see. It is a form of trust. Faith begins as a mustard seed, but trust is a must-have immediate reaction to crisis...there's no time for not trusting, so our trust comes to fruition and faith begins.
[/quote]
Very well spoken!