Trust

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Prayer for God to help me to trust Him more.

Having serious trust issues here. Too many evil people have entered my life. It feels like I have PTSD. But it never gets to heal, for as the current trauma is starting to heal, another one occurs. So my life has been one long series of serious attacks from the enemy, never allowing me to totally recover. So as a result, I don't trust anyone. Even Christians. So many seem to have their scripture guns on their hip, ready to draw it out and shoot you in the forehead, leaving you on the ground. No love ministerd. No discernment. No edification. No word from God, just what they see the situation as being in their finite minds. So not knowing how to listen to what the Holy Spirit is telling them to say, they just blow the smoke off the barrel as they walk away from you, satisfied of themselves that they shot yet another verse bullet.

Now, my brain tells me to trust God, that He is trust worthy. He died for me. But my heart and spirit are not on the same wave length as my brain. They are afraid to totally let go and let God. I'm afraid everyone I meet is going to do something evil to me. And when it comes to God, I know He won't do evil to me, just not.....I don't know, I can't put it into words.

Will you please pray for God to help me to trust Him more ?
I know He is worthy of my trust, but something is hindering it.
I trust Him enough to ask Him for his help. That's a good starting point.
And I trust enough to ask some of the people here to pray. Not all though, cause some here I wouldn't trust to distinguish love from a soda can.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
It sounds like you haven't learned how to protect your own heart. Many people will hurt you if given the chance, but everyone will hurt you if you are subconsciously expecting them to meet certain emotional needs that you have. Maybe that's the place to start in sorting all this out...

For what it's worth, there's some kind of disconnect in my life too. I believe in GOD's love for me through Christ, but I don't feel loved by him at all. Too many disappointments, too much grief. But somehow that has made me more able to love selflessly. So I continue to trust and hope that someday it will all make sense.

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Exactly. Someday...
Thanx,. Feels a bit better to know of someone feeling somewhat the same way.
But in the meantime, to quote Tom Petty : The waiting is the hardest part.

yeshayahu

Sep 26, 2013
laid renard said:

Having serious trust issues here. Too many evil people have entered my life. It feels like I have PTSD. But it never gets to heal, for as the current trauma is starting to heal, another one occurs. So my life has been one long series of serious attacks from the enemy, never allowing me to totally recover. So as a result, I don't trust anyone. Even Christians. So many seem to have their scripture guns on their hip, ready to draw it out and shoot you in the forehead, leaving you on the ground. No love ministerd. No discernment. No edification. No word from God, just what they see the situation as being in their finite minds. So not knowing how to listen to what the Holy Spirit is telling them to say, they just blow the smoke off the barrel as they walk away from you, satisfied of themselves that they shot yet another verse bullet.

Now, my brain tells me to trust God, that He is trust worthy. He died for me. But my heart and spirit are not on the same wave length as my brain. They are afraid to totally let go and let God. I'm afraid everyone I meet is going to do something evil to me. And when it comes to God, I know He won't do evil to me, just not.....I don't know, I can't put it into words.

And I trust enough to ask some of the people here to pray. Not all though, cause some here I wouldn't trust to distinguish love from a soda can.
the answers lies in love...love alone can open doors...when you truly love, you can never guile or grow on suspicions...its not trust you have trouble with but to love truly...if you would, then just understand the post i wrote ' touching base on love' in spiritual christian forums...do tell me if it helps

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
laid renard said:

Its probably prudent not to implicitly trust too many people these days, but that's just because there aren't a lot of honorable people around.. You want to guard against being overly paranoid though, there are times when trust is a necessity, so you can't always assume that everyone is of questionable character just because you've been burned before, we've all been there. But God is another story, nobody has done for you what Christ did, so I believe he's earned our trust several times over. If you ever catch God in a lie or failing to fulfill a promise, then don't trust Him. Otherwise, I believe He's earned our complete trust. jmo

yeshayahu said:
the answers lies in love...love alone can open doors...when you truly love, you can never guile or grow on suspicions...its not trust you have trouble with but to love truly...if you would, then just understand the post i wrote ' touching base on love' in spiritual christian forums...do tell me if it helps
My sister truly loved her husband, but he cheated on her and they are now divorced. So I'm not too sure that your love for someone else automatically makes them trustworthy? Peter loved Christ but he still turned on him. We can trust God, but I'm guessing God is wise enough not to completely trust us :)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Luke 6:35 "But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked."

Do good not only for your enemies but also for your brothers and sisters in Christ; this is what is expected of Christians. I know it is discouraging when your fellow Christians turn against you. The sting of their arrows can be worse than that of the enemies. Press on in the knowledge that your reward is not at all dependent on their acceptance. Your reward will come from the Lord.