Trying New Things

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Two skin biopsies by dermatologist just a little while ago. Hopefully benign. I've had two skin cancers removed previously. My wife thought the one looked bad. The doctor agreed on that one plus one. We shall see...! No surprises here.
Ye my back gave out got problems with that nerve, sore back sore calves sore feet, numb toes, thats nerve damage, and im only 58, begging to talk like an old man.

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually its about 35, was chatting to a dentist few years ago, when this came up, discussing his studies, after 35, nothing heals the same as before.
My doctor told me that at age 40 is typically when you start needing reading glasses....the cornea begins to harden and doesnt let light in as well as it use to.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye my back gave out got problems with that nerve, sore back sore calves sore feet, numb toes, thats nerve damage, and im only 58, begging to talk like an old man.
Well instead of "begging to talk like an old man" let us reach out onto Him and give God the glory!

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Phil 4:11

May God richly bless you and be with you through every difficulty my friend. He is able in every situation!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought that seven years thing was a myth?

Well okay, anything within reason, lol. I would never (if ever in parts of Asia) even think of eating say, eat a slab of fish sliced off while it's alive still...ew. POOR FISH!!!
Didn't look at the vid but will now.

Oh I guarantee you you haven't. :p

Actually it's your fault because you used it yourself. XD

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I happen to know that your taste buds continue to change about every 7 years....that's because your body chemistry changes about every 7 years. So that can be one reason you like it now verses before.

Yes!!! This I have heard too and I believe it! Not only do our taste buds change, our body seems to change in ways that is so hard to describe like, suddenly, you wake up with someone else's belly or back end!, lol...actually I do believe it does, cause my back end had become my belly! Flat in back and not so much in front!

Do you think, as a nurse that... (at least I seem to recall you are an RN?) ... if someone has a repulsion to certain foods that that could possibly mean they might be allergic?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Each year for the past several years we have sent a box of candy to my old pastor at this time of year. I see him for Bible study every Wednesday morning, but when he received the candy he called to thank us. My wife tells me that his wife was constantly after him to cut back on such things, and when she was around she maintained some control. But she's been gone now for 8 years. Regularly when my wife fixes us soup or stew or the like, she prepares a container for him to heat up in the microwave. They are probably his most nourishing meals...

He lives on at age 95 eating his candy and cookie and cakes regularly. I go through all of his receipts him every year for his taxes so I know going through his receipts that he routinely stops at stores only to buy candy bars. I guess he won't stop with the candy until the Lord takes him.

"I guess he won't stop with the candy until the Lord takes him." <---- Or, when his teeth fall out, if they haven't already! I LOVE candy, always had a sweet tooth...especially right after dinner. I've heard that sugar helps to settle the belly after a meal...not sure that is true or not but, just the same, many crave sweets after eating...so as not to hurt myself on "sugar" (as, it really is NOT our friend, lol) I'll have coffee with Splenda in it to help with that sweet craving rather than eat something packed with sugar and carbs.
And, kudos to your sweet tooth friend!

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! This I have heard too and I believe it! Not only do our taste buds change, our body seems to change in ways that is so hard to describe like, suddenly, you wake up with someone else's belly or back end!, lol...actually I do believe it does, cause my back end had become my belly! Flat in back and not so much in front!

Do you think, as a nurse that... (at least I seem to recall you are an RN?) ... if someone has a repulsion to certain foods that that could possibly mean they might be allergic?
The repulsion to a certain food is probably a "smell" thing or a "texture" thing. I can't stand the smell of brussel sprouts and my taste buds automatically dislikes them because of the smell....get it?
My son-in-law won't eat brown beans...like as beans and cornbread because of the texture....it grosses him out for some reason.
Someone can love certain foods they are allergic to such as seafood but the body has an allergic reaction to it...no repulsion...make sense?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hard to describe like, suddenly, you wake up with someone else's belly or back end!, lol...actually I do believe it does, cause my back end had become my belly! Flat in back and not so much in front!
Lol...the reason this happens is due to lifestyle and diet.. the more we age the more we slow down and start developing subcutaneous fat on top of the abdominal muscles....so you basically have your ab muscles acting as a foundation for your fat to lay on and thicken.
The only way to prevent it is diet and exercise.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have always been rather conservative in my diet but when we go out for a meal - or when we used to go out for a meal - I like to try something I haven't tried before.
@Pearl I'm willing to try new stuff, although as I get older I'm aware that we can be creatures of habit, not least with food..... :)

Reactions: April_Rose

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Lol...the reason this happens is due to lifestyle and diet.. the more we age the more we slow down and start developing subcutaneous fat on top of the abdominal muscles....so you basically have your ab muscles acting as a foundation for your fat to lay on and thicken.
The only way to prevent it is diet and exercise.
@Heart2Soul I agree about the importance of diet and exercise...