Trying New Things

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...and as we get older our taste buds start dying off and the last taste to go is the sweet taste bud. That explains why my granny only wanted sweets in her golden years.:D:)
Each year for the past several years we have sent a box of candy to my old pastor at this time of year. I see him for Bible study every Wednesday morning, but when he received the candy he called to thank us. My wife tells me that his wife was constantly after him to cut back on such things, and when she was around she maintained some control. But she's been gone now for 8 years. Regularly when my wife fixes us soup or stew or the like, she prepares a container for him to heat up in the microwave. They are probably his most nourishing meals...

He lives on at age 95 eating his candy and cookie and cakes regularly. I go through all of his receipts him every year for his taxes so I know going through his receipts that he routinely stops at stores only to buy candy bars. I guess he won't stop with the candy until the Lord takes him.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I happen to know that your taste buds continue to change about every 7 years....that's because your body chemistry changes about every 7 years. So that can be one reason you like it now verses before.

I thought that seven years thing was a myth?

Oh I'll try anything at least one time...sometimes more than once to be sure. Haven't had anything new for awhile as...I think I've tried EVERYTHING :D

Oh I guarantee you you haven't. :p

:D:D:D
Now that's funny! I didn't catch it myself...good eye.
In her defense, perhaps she is constantly meditating on verses and the Word is our bread.:)

Actually it's your fault because you used it yourself. XD

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have always been rather conservative in my diet but when we go out for a meal - or when we used to go out for a meal - I like to try something I haven't tried before.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I happen to know that your taste buds continue to change about every 7 years....that's because your body chemistry changes about every 7 years. So that can be one reason you like it now verses before.

Oh my gosh,.. you mean,.. you mean you aren't perfect!?! 0___0

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cauliflower soup ...since I can't eat potatoes or other high carb foods, it is a great potato substitute. I steam it (not overcooking) then add it into some organic chicken bone broth, heavy cream (organic), seasonings, cheese shreds, and some organic avocado (more healthy fats, high potassium) ...blend it up to a good thick soup consistency ...add in some diced up organic chicken, some grass-fed collagen powder (tasteless, you don't even know it's in there), and after it's off the fire but still hot, I add some fresh (very) finely chopped spinach, bok choy, kale ....it wilts up in the soup real nice. Very tasty, actually, and a great substitute for potato soup ....completely keto. :D

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought that seven years thing was a myth?
Of course my schooling was a long time ago, but that 7 years is what I learned in school based on science rather than some man's guess or speculation. All of the cells in our bodies are dying and/or being damaged continuously. All of our cells are being replaced and/or repaired continuously. Eventually we will effectively be a completely new body as compared to what we were 7 years ago [presuming the time frame is accurate]. When we are immature physically it is more than simply replacement because we are growing bigger and stronger as well. When we reach a certain optimum place in our growth, which may be affected by what we are doing with what we have [exercise, eating habits, etc.], probably around 30 years of age, we begin to lose ground. The dying cells are still being replaced and/or repaired, but a less efficient body is doing the work and aging begins to tell its tale. Eventually, when it cannot keep up at all with the cells of one or more vital functions, we are looking at the onset of physical death.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course my schooling was a long time ago, but that 7 years is what I learned in school based on science rather than some man's guess or speculation. All of the cells in our bodies are dying and/or be damaged continuously. All of our cells are being replaced and/or repaired continuously. Eventually we will effectively be a completely new body as compared to what we were 7 years ago [presuming the time frame is accurate]. When we are immature physically it is more than simply replacement because we are growing bigger and stronger as well. When we reach a certain optimum place in our growth, which may be affected by what we are doing with what we have [exercise, eating habits, etc.], probably around 30 years of age, we begin to lose ground. The dying cells are still being replaced and/or repaired, but a less efficient body is doing the work and aging begins to tell its tale. Eventually, when it cannot keep up at all with the cells of one or more vital functions, we are looking at the onset of physical death.
Also some hormones don't become active until puberty which changes EVERYTHING!...lol.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also some hormones don't become active until puberty which changes EVERYTHING!...lol.
Absolutely! Even today I doubt that the most knowledgeable experts know all of the answers about the human body. Quite creation, was it not?

What a mighty God we serve!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay I know that I already said to change the subject,.. but this is where I got the slapping part from. :D (He might have said smacked in here though. Either way, this guy is hilarious. XDD!!!)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay back on the subject of trying new things,.. has anybody tried watching SNL before? Cause that clip also reminded me of this one. LOL :D :D :D XDDDDDDDD!!!!!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course my schooling was a long time ago, but that 7 years is what I learned in school based on science rather than some man's guess or speculation. All of the cells in our bodies are dying and/or being damaged continuously. All of our cells are being replaced and/or repaired continuously. Eventually we will effectively be a completely new body as compared to what we were 7 years ago [presuming the time frame is accurate]. When we are immature physically it is more than simply replacement because we are growing bigger and stronger as well. When we reach a certain optimum place in our growth, which may be affected by what we are doing with what we have [exercise, eating habits, etc.], probably around 30 years of age, we begin to lose ground. The dying cells are still being replaced and/or repaired, but a less efficient body is doing the work and aging begins to tell its tale. Eventually, when it cannot keep up at all with the cells of one or more vital functions, we are looking at the onset of physical death.
Actually its about 35, was chatting to a dentist few years ago, when this came up, discussing his studies, after 35, nothing heals the same as before.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Absolutely! Even today I doubt that the most knowledgeable experts know all of the answers about the human body. Quite creation, was it not?

What a mighty God we serve!
Yes the human body, quiet amazing yet sometime so stupid. But definitely a challenge when you get older unless you like surprises, it gives enough of them, just rarely ever any good.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually its about 35, was chatting to a dentist few years ago, when this came up, discussing his studies, after 35, nothing heals the same as before.
Well 30 or 35, at 77 I'm over double the limit [what limit?] in any case. Give God the glory!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the human body, quiet amazing yet sometime so stupid. But definitely a challenge when you get older unless you like surprises, it gives enough of them, just rarely ever any good.
Two skin biopsies by dermatologist just a little while ago. Hopefully benign. I've had two skin cancers removed previously. My wife thought the one looked bad. The doctor agreed on that one plus one. We shall see...! No surprises here.