Trying New Things

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well after hating uncooked broccoli for years, I just tried some cooked broccoli for the first time and guess what? I actually liked it!! :D I should really learn to try new things more often as I also recently tried some chicken cooked in a garlic sauce and I really liked that as well. :) Has anybody else tried something new that you liked recently? Tagging @Heart2Soul on this since I told her that I hated broccoli. XD I guess I just hated the way it was prepared. It's still not my favorite vegetable but I'll still eat it as it's still good and healthy for me. :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well after hating uncooked broccoli for years, I just tried some cooked broccoli for the first time and guess what? I actually liked it!! :D I should really learn to try new things more often as I also recently tried some chicken cooked in a garlic sauce and I really liked that as well. :) Has anybody else tried something new that you liked recently? Tagging @Heart2Soul on this since I told her that I hated broccoli. XD I guess I just hated the way it was prepared. It's still not my favorite vegetable but I'll still eat it as it's still good and healthy for me. :)
Sure. I’m trying Gnosticism after reading some of the posts promoting it. NOT! :eek::oops::D

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I happen to know that your taste buds continue to change about every 7 years....that's because your body chemistry changes about every 7 years. So that can be one reason you like it now verses before.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I happen to know that your taste buds continue to change about every 7 years....that's because your body chemistry changes about every 7 years. So that can be one reason you like it now verses before.

Yeah and it's cooked verses uncooked as I hate raw carrots as well but cooked are pretty good. :)

Interesting thread...

Thanks, do you have anything to add,.. that's real? LOL to @Prayer Warrior. :p

Reactions: WaterSong

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I saw a clip once about President Bush Senior, who was doing election campaigning on a broccoli farm, and he didn't like broccoli; and he found it quite painful. (He evidently preferred doing stuff with like-minded CIA types behind closed doors, rather than trying to work up enthusiasm about broccoli....)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While this may be true, I still, after more than 70 years, love pumpkin pie more than any other kind of pie. Does that mean perhaps that the growth of my taste buds has been stunted? Hmmm? LOL :):D

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have long learned to not let the distance between my teeth and my throat dictate to me what I will put into my stomach.

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I loved cooked broccoli with real butter melted on top when I was a kid. I use to call them trees, because of how they looked. Steamed broccoli is delicious too. Stir fried, since I also love Chinese food.
Pumpkin pie with real whipped cream is my favorite.
Raw carrots are great if they're slivered on a salad. And squash is delicious.
I use to be Vegan but it wasn't something I could keep to with a husband chef who would eat up all the stuff I had in the fridge for my diet. Or he'd use it to cook something not so Vegan.
Bad influence. lol My taste buds adore him.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh I'll try anything at least one time...sometimes more than once to be sure. Haven't had anything new for awhile as...I think I've tried EVERYTHING :D

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Cauliflower and Spaghetti Squash. For the cauliflower my MIL had cauliflower mashed potatoes and it was the best, now I like it with my Chicken and anything else requiring potatoes. Spaghetti Squash was want my wife fixed me on one date and served it like a spaghetti dinner and it was delicious and we have it every once in a while.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While this may be true, I still, after more than 70 years, love pumpkin pie more than any other kind of pie. Does that mean perhaps that the growth of my taste buds has been stunted? Hmmm? LOL :):D
No...and as we get older our taste buds start dying off and the last taste to go is the sweet taste bud. That explains why my granny only wanted sweets in her golden years.:D:)

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am willing to try anything at least once....tried raw oysters....once....sushi...once
Caviar...once....Brussels sprouts...once.
I have never tried cow tongue, intestines, pigs feet, brains, coffee made from monkey poo....lol

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you happen to cook verses make sure they are not underdone.:cool:

That would be versus where you used it, or vs.
:D:D:D
Now that's funny! I didn't catch it myself...good eye.
In her defense, perhaps she is constantly meditating on verses and the Word is our bread.:)

Reactions: April_Rose

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah and it's cooked verses uncooked as I hate raw carrots as well but cooked are pretty good. :)
whenever verses are cooked its problematic. As far as carrots go, I've never tried trading with cooked ones.....figured they'd be just too limp to pull off a bargain. Anyway, cooked verses double up much the same as cooked carrots....after they've been cooked long enough.....either way, you can forget a bargain that stands up straight!

Reactions: TLHKAJ