Turning the tables...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kahtre

Nov 13, 2008
Tonight at church we had a guest speaker from Nigeria, Africa. The sermon was amazing and he was filled with more zest and love for Christ than I have seen in MANY preachers. But one thing really made me sad...He said that years ago people from Jermany and Europe came to bring the gospel to them, and the ones that accepted were on fire for the Lord. Then they left and went back to their homeland. years later the Africans are finding that those in Jermany, Europe and USA are now not on fire anymore. Not like it was. So now the Africans feel like they are to bring that fire back to those that brought it to them in the first place.....Isn't that cray? Or perhaps not so crazy. Here in america we are so spoiled we mostly think of #1, ourselves. We have so much stuff that it takes our minds off of Christ, when really if we truly let Christ lead our lives, with all the things we have we(with the Holy Spirit) could really change the world.....

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;Indeed Kahtre but you know this was prophesied and it has happened only one can come and change everything.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Unfortunatley alpha and Omega is right I find that fewer and fewer even care what God saysthey only care about whats easy. Go to church for 1 or 2 hours a week to hear the same ole milk of easy stuff repentance and salvation 30 min of music and hurry back home to video games and TV I call it fast food religion ...11Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: 12And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;65520)
(Alpha and Omega;65519)
1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;Indeed Kahtre but you know this was prophesied and it has happened only one can come and change everything.
Unfortunatley alpha and Omega is right I find that fewer and fewer even care what God saysthey only care about whats easy. Go to church for 1 or 2 hours a week to hear the same ole milk of easy stuff repentance and salvation 30 min of music and hurry back home to video games and TVI call it fast food religion ...11Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: 12And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.I agree that with both of you on that...II Timothy 3:1 - This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.II Timothy 3:2 - For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,II Timothy 3:3 - Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,II Timothy 3:4 - Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;II Timothy 3:5 - Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Kahtre

Nov 13, 2008
Yes I do know that it is prophesied, but still it is hard to take. "11Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: 12And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it."I read these verses for the first time a few weeks ago while having a bible study with a friend. When I saw them I thought about how things are now. How in churches people are not getting what they need... they are searching but not finding.