Two accusations refuted

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
it has been said that twinc has his favourite hobby horses and repeats the same thing again and again - could this just be because the truth/Jesus is the same today, yesterday and forever

it has been said that Jesus said love one another but that twinc does not do so - could this just be because obviously Christians do not love one another and because Jesus did not say that or it would be in opposition to the Bible at ' friendship with the world is enmity with God [James 4:4/2 Cor 6:17/1Jn2:15/Rmns 12:2 - imho - twinc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it has been said that twinc has his favourite hobby horses and repeats the same thing again and again - could this just be because the truth/Jesus is the same today, yesterday and forever

Repetition is not such a bad thing twinc. Teaching the same thing over is also not such an evil thing. My pastor, now age 92, was called to and began his ministry before I was born [1943]. While he teaches from many places in scripture he frequently repeats lessons from certain verses, because people continuously miss those important things in their walk with God. This is what God expects from us.

I am not suddenly conforming to all of your beliefs and teachings, but I have to say in support of you that repetition is not an evil thing. Four gospels records were written, not one. God always knows what He is doing when we who love Him do not.

Last edited:
Reactions: SongoftheLamb

SongoftheLamb

Dec 5, 2017
SC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree its a good thing to teach the same, or write the same things, even to put others in rememberance of what we were convinced of by abiding in the word

Phil 3:1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord.
To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree its a good thing to teach the same, or write the same things, even to put others in rememberance of what we were convinced of by abiding in the word

Phil 3:1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord.
To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

It is good to teach the same things, if what you are teaching is true. If what you are teaching is a lie, then it is not a good thing. A lie can be repeated just as well as the truth. In fact, the secular atheistic world knows that if you repeat a lie enough, it will be received as the truth.

Christians should not be swayed by a constant lie. Because we know the truth.

Stranger

Reactions: Job and amadeus

SongoftheLamb

Dec 5, 2017
SC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is good to teach the same things, if what you are teaching is true. If what you are teaching is a lie, then it is not a good thing. A lie can be repeated just as well as the truth. In fact, the secular atheistic world knows that if you repeat a lie enough, it will be received as the truth.

Christians should not be swayed by a constant lie. Because we know the truth.

Stranger
Yes, I believe Paul was speaking of truth not lies

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

it has been said that Jesus said love one another but that twinc does not do so - could this just be because obviously Christians do not love one another and because Jesus did not say that or it would be in opposition to the Bible at ' friendship with the world is enmity with God [James 4:4/2 Cor 6:17/1Jn2:15/Rmns 12:2 - imho - twinc

Teaching details about running shoes and comparing designs at nauseum, doesn’t win marathons.

I am also getting a whiff of someone crying wolf, which is never pleasant....

Reactions: bbyrd009

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Teaching details about running shoes and comparing designs at nauseum, doesn’t win marathons.

I am also getting a whiff of someone crying wolf, which is never pleasant....

how about someone crying troll or even ban - twinc

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re #repetition: I need repetition...it is food for my soul,
like food each day is for my body....I keep repeating that, too.

'As soon as He hears He will answer you.'
'As soon as He hears He will answer...'
-Isaiah