Two masters

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What they should have done ideally is seldom the way that a men, even a believing men, usually go, is it?

I said a while back on my first post with this question of mine, it is the same thing I do during tornado warnings.

When I was looking for a house to buy after my husband left me for the wife of his best friend, I asked God to guide me to the section of the USA where He wanted me to live, and the one house He wanted me to buy. While still in Arizona and on the internet looking at houses for sale in states I had a friend living, I saw some that were the most affordable in Murfreesboro where my sister-in-law lived. I didn't want to take it for granted Murfreesboro was God's will, so after going to the bank to get a pre-approved loan amount, I based my search on that amount and would not go a $1 over it. I then called a real estate broker in Murfreesboro and set up a two day appt. on Thursday and Friday that would follow the 2 day trip driving across country, to look at houses in the area, hoping to find one that met the low specifications of $92,000 for a 3 bedroom house on a large piece of land from 1/2 to a full acre. Tuesday morning I awoke to a phone call from a girlfriend in the little Arizona village to turn on the television. That morning I watched in horror as the World Trade Center fell. It was devistating to watch. My friend didn't want me to leave and drive across country, as she was looking for it to be the start of the end of the world. But that afternoon, I started out anyway. I arrived in Murfreesboro at my sister-in-law's house at 2:00 am, Thursday morning and slept in my van. About 9:00 am, the broker came and we spent the two days looking for a house close enough to $92,000 to put an offer on it. Nothing. The lowest houses were $98,500. At the end, the broker was a bit peeved that I wouldn't budge on the amount, but agreed to take me to see a house I had liked on the internet that was no longer on the market. Then I would spend the weekend with my sister-in-law and then drive back to Arizona to seek God's will further. We drove to that house but it wasn't livable at the moment, and in foreclosure, as the people had left in the middle of a remodeling project where rooms were gutted. The grass was also over 2 feet high. On the way out of the sub-division I saw one of the realtors signs, and the broker looked at it, suddenly stopped and stared. He had never seen it before. So he got out and looked at the little flyer attached to the sign. It had been on the market for 120 days with no one looking at it, so the seller had dropped the price to $95,500. It was worth taking a look. It was a brick house with 3 bd, 2 baths, on 3/4 of an acre. The back yard looked like a park. It was beautiful. So I told him to give the offer of $92,000 and we would see what happened. The seller came down $500. I thanked the broker and said I would go back to Arizona. Saturday, my sister-in-law and I spent the day shopping and visiting. Late that afternoon we arrived back at her place, and I heard God speak to me these words, "Split the difference." I immediately called the broker with those words. The next morning, he called and told me congratulations, the seller came down another $1,500 to meet me in the middle. Wow! I was a home-owner but where was I going to come up with $1,500. So I just trusted God that He would provide. Monday morning came and I went to the bank branch in Murfreesboro, to talk to them about the $1,500 difference. What I didn't realize was that because of 9/11 all the banks had closed all the week before and interest rates plummeted. The difference in interest was $1,500.

So knowing that this was God's house and He lived here with me, I knew I was safe. My next door neighbor called once in the middle of the night and told me there was a tornado warning so to get in my middle bathroom in the tub. I thanked her and went back to sleep perfectly at peace. The next day the neighborhood had limbs and trees down all over, and 17 houses flattened a mile away, but not even a twig or leaf down in my whole huge yard.

Last edited:

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The word of God has two understandings, Good and evil. Like parables, earthly teachings with heavenly meanings. The earthly teachings and the heavenly teachings are as two masters. Man has to choose the one or the other because you will love the one and hate the other. The heavenly teachings are the words of the kingdom and Spirit. So it is the Spirit we need seek and that being the Spiritual understanding.
I'll show you some.

Jesus walked on the water and calmed the storm. When Jesus was asleep the waves were rocking the boat and they were afraid and he said ye of little faith.
Spirit, Jesus never sinks into that sea of iniquity and moves over the waters. He comes to the church ( the boat ) and raises his hands of council and the storms of discontent, the waves of treachery are calmed. Like Peter, if you take his hand, take his council and never sink into that great sea of iniquity.
If you hunger for God it is the bread of understanding you must eat and if you thirst for God it is the waters of wisdom you need drink.
Knowledge of God is light and void of it is darkness so Jesus is the knowledge of God and the life is the Spirit or Spiritual understanding. To be in darkness is to be blind. Not having ears to hear is deaf.
Beast have no understanding and fish swim in the sea of disbelief and selfishness. Trees are people rooted in the word of God and the fruit of their labor in the word is knowledge.
Satan is the liar and lies are like venum of a snake that kill you and this is evil so he is the tree that bears the fruit of good and evil.

CF,

You stated:

"The word of God has two understandings, Good and evil".​

What is the 'good' understanding of the Serpent tempting Eve in the Garden?

What is the 'evil' understanding of 'in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells' (2 Pet 3;13 NIV)?

Oz

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
CF,

You stated:

"The word of God has two understandings, Good and evil".​

What is the 'good' understanding of the Serpent tempting Eve in the Garden?

What is the 'evil' understanding of 'in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells' (2 Pet 3;13 NIV)?

Oz
The prophet Samuel said to King Saul. Put these enemies to the sword and cut their head of. Put them all to the sword, their lambs, their cattle and even their babes in arms.
God's word is our Spiritual guide and it tells us that God's word is the sword and Jesus is our head so Satan is theirs and to cut their head off is to take away their teachings. The cattle, sheep, and babes in arms are all people of their religion.
So now , what do you think is good and what is the evil. What is the earthly teaching and what is the Spiritual teaching?

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The prophet Samuel said to King Saul. Put these enemies to the sword and cut their head of. Put them all to the sword, their lambs, their cattle and even their babes in arms.
God's word is our Spiritual guide and it tells us that God's word is the sword and Jesus is our head so Satan is theirs and to cut their head off is to take away their teachings. The cattle, sheep, and babes in arms are all people of their religion.
So now , what do you think is good and what is the evil. What is the earthly teaching and what is the Spiritual teaching?

Collin,

You didn't answer what I wrote?

Oz