Two Testaments, Two Gods?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people seem to think the God of the Old Testament is different than the God of the New Testament, and that the God of the Old Testament is mean and nasty, while the God of the New Testament lets you do anything you want.

I think in truth, the God of the Old Testament is the same person as the God of the New Testament, that He is not mean and nasty, and that he gave us commandments to follow to keep us out of trouble.

Reactions: Lambano

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Little men need to know they are just little men =little men cannot be the judge of Alighty,eternal God!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people seem to think the God of the Old Testament is different than the God of the New Testament, and that the God of the Old Testament is mean and nasty, while the God of the New Testament lets you do anything you want.

I think in truth, the God of the Old Testament is the same person as the God of the New Testament, that He is not mean and nasty, and that he gave us commandments to follow to keep us out of trouble.

When man fell in the Garden of Eden, God could either destroy man, or redeem man from His sins. He chose to redeem man!

So He already had a plan to redeem man through sending His Son. In order to preserve the coming of His Redeemer, God protected Israel for this very purpose. When Israel obeyed God, no nation on earth could stand before them. but when they disobeyed and kindled His anger, God allowed Israel to suffer but would not allow them to be destroyed, again to keep the promise of the coming Redeemer through Israel.

God did what He had to do to preserve Redemption for all of us. So you can see Him as cruel and mean, or you can see it the way He does, keeping His promise to Redeem man, at whatever cost that may be.

Reactions: David in NJ

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When man fell in the Garden of Eden, God could either destroy man, or redeem man from His sins. He chose to redeem man!

So He already had a plan to redeem man through sending His Son. In order to preserve the coming of His Redeemer, God protected Israel for this very purpose. When Israel obeyed God, no nation on earth could stand before them. but when they disobeyed and kindled His anger, God allowed Israel to suffer but would not allow them to be destroyed, again to keep the promise of the coming Redeemer through Israel.

God did what He had to do to preserve Redemption for all of us. So you can see Him as cruel and mean, or you can see it the way He does, keeping His promise to Redeem man, at whatever cost that may be.
I suspect God has always been more than fair and just to all of us.

Reactions: Charlie24

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect God has always been more than fair and just to all of us.

I suppose I've established myself as the guy who states things many folks just don't want to hear. So here I go again!

It's a dead giveaway to those who point the finger at God, that they don't understand His purpose. They have not studied the Scripture to prove themselves acceptable to God, so they reason with their own limited knowledge to a false conclusion.

They can't see that God was forced to destroy that which threatened the future Redemption for all mankind, for those who would believe anyway!

Last edited: