Two things even God cannot Fix

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Link Directive - All considerable information for the benefit of skeptics, believers, or unbelievers. Keep growing and maturing, look at the scriptures and seek truth, and may the spirit guide.

Are there things that God cannot fix?

What are your thoughts if you can make it through 30 minutes worth of listening.

Have you ever thought about it?

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, about 9 minutes in, he says God will not interfere with free will. Incidentally, Romans 9 contradicts that. It talks about vessels of honor and vessels of wrath.

I do believe we have free will. We don't exist outside of time and we're not all knowing. But I don't believe God never interferes with it. The wrong thing is to conclude that God is unjust, as Romans 9 talks about.

As for pride, I do think God gives people over to pride as the result of their choice. Do I think God has to allow pride?

Not so sure about that. Maybe.

I don't agree with this idea that we are all sinners. Believers are saints. Our hearts are regenerated.

The whole thing about the proud homosexual was definitely a slippery slope but it was slippery before he admitted was proudly gay. The whole "we are all sinners" mindset, I think set him up for more sin. This idea that we shouldn't warn people about sin and accept every lifestyle seems contrary to the Bible.

The antidote to self-righteousness is not to just say " Im a failure full of sin." I think that was the error of the Corinthians who bragged that a man had his father's wife. The answer to self-righteousness is to repent from sin and run towards righteousness.

Thanks for sharing this though.

Reactions: teamventure

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heavy metal, tats, okay . . .

Psuche does not in the Greek mean Mind/Will/Emotion. There isn't that detail/division in the word. He speculates but passes it as definition.

I'm waiting to hear if he recognizes that human will was affected by the fall. But he's presenting that our ability to choose is the same as Adam's.

Now he's made his case that we select determinism over free choice as a means of abdicating our responsibility. That's just another of those Intellectual Dishonesty claims. Vain. No meaning.

So he finally gets to his first thing that God can't do, to interrupt man's "free will". Firstly he's built on a faulty foundation. Our ability to choose is NOT like Adam's was. We've become corrupted by his wrong choice. Now we have a corrupt flesh . . . the spirit lusts against the flesh, and the flesh against the spirit, so you cannot do the things you want.

Secondly . . . Was John the Baptist asked about his role in the kingdom? Sampson? I could go on but one or two make the point.

Just got to his second thing . . . pride. God can't fix our pride? I feel sorry for this guy! If pride shuts the door to God working with us, well, tell that to Paul.

Not watching more. This is why I don't watch post videos. Thought I'd make an exception.

Much love!

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you so much for stating your opinions.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heavy metal, tats, okay . . .

Psuche does not in the Greek mean Mind/Will/Emotion. There isn't that detail/division in the word. He speculates but passes it as definition.

I'm waiting to hear if he recognizes that human will was affected by the fall. But he's presenting that our ability to choose is the same as Adam's.

Now he's made his case that we select determinism over free choice as a means of abdicating our responsibility. That's just another of those Intellectual Dishonesty claims. Vain. No meaning.

So he finally gets to his first thing that God can't do, to interrupt man's "free will". Firstly he's built on a faulty foundation. Our ability to choose is NOT like Adam's was. We've become corrupted by his wrong choice. Now we have a corrupt flesh . . . the spirit lusts against the flesh, and the flesh against the spirit, so you cannot do the things you want.

Secondly . . . Was John the Baptist asked about his role in the kingdom? Sampson? I could go on but one or two make the point.

Just got to his second thing . . . pride. God can't fix our pride? I feel sorry for this guy! If pride shuts the door to God working with us, well, tell that to Paul.

Not watching more. This is why I don't watch post videos. Thought I'd make an exception.

Much love!

Hello Marks,

Thank you for your exception to take a moment in time to listen.

Believe it comes down from looking at the bible as completed.

Many people in this world believe that the bible is still written for us today. So your viewpoint might be completely different from the man on the video in what he is saying. Not many people like the way this man may hold his opinions and Shawn also doesn't mind to say that sometimes He might be wrong, so much respect for him on at least being able to do so, because hell even sometimes I may be wrong.

Though do try to take in the whole scope of scripture and not just bits and pieces anymore. Desire to know the truth and that takes the whole of scripture and looking towards Jesus for wisdom.

1 Corinthians 1:30 and of Him ye -- ye are in Christ Jesus, who became to us from God wisdom, righteousness also, and sanctification, and redemption,

If you are someone who is in Christ Jesus; you can understand that God gave Jesus for them then, and for us now to be wisdom from God. Also making a person right with God, with sanctification, and they have been brought into new life being bought by the blood shed of Christ, and dying in the grave with Christ being risen again by being born again by the spirit.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, about 9 minutes in, he says God will not interfere with free will. Incidentally, Romans 9 contradicts that. It talks about vessels of honor and vessels of wrath.

I do believe we have free will. We don't exist outside of time and we're not all knowing. But I don't believe God never interferes with it. The wrong thing is to conclude that God is unjust, as Romans 9 talks about.

As for pride, I do think God gives people over to pride as the result of their choice. Do I think God has to allow pride?

Not so sure about that. Maybe.

I don't agree with this idea that we are all sinners. Believers are saints. Our hearts are regenerated.

The whole thing about the proud homosexual was definitely a slippery slope but it was slippery before he admitted was proudly gay. The whole "we are all sinners" mindset, I think set him up for more sin. This idea that we shouldn't warn people about sin and accept every lifestyle seems contrary to the Bible.

The antidote to self-righteousness is not to just say " Im a failure full of sin." I think that was the error of the Corinthians who bragged that a man had his father's wife. The answer to self-righteousness is to repent from sin and run towards righteousness.

Thanks for sharing this though.

Hello my Sister in Christ,

This was a freely given video so was not sure who would give a watch. You know only listened to it about two times but can not think of much that was mentioned. Shawn mentioned something more about his friend near the end of the show was that. His friend who was Gay, believed in God and Jesus Christ. Then the friend started looking more into pride in having pride even against God. The person who was Shawn friend ended up going down a route where he suggested that the Fall was never real, and that there was no reason for a savior. So his friend got down the line of things that were not about God but further away from God instead. Which was suggested that Shawns friend was smoking pot more often and listening to atheist, decided that the Fall was all a lie and there was no reason for a Savior.

What can you do about something like that? If a person start going down this line of thinking of where they are making choices though under the influence of what is being listened too, and by what their own personal actions are causing them to live through and experience? Is there any way to get a person to turn back to God if they have made a choice to completely even erase the fall existing? Or that there was any need for a Saviour?

When it comes to Romans 9: I believe that in context is dealing with the Jewish people themselves, and it may or may have not merit for us today in this time, though it is possible for me to be wrong which is an always.

Thank your mention about "we are all sinners" mindset; set him up for more sin. Yes it could be just that He desired no more of God in life, so that did allow more darkness to enter into the mind, will, and emotion of the soul itself. Though it is true we are all sinners; the thing is our sin was paid for at our birth because of Jesus Christ death on the cross. Still born into the flesh which has its natural tendencies like hate, greed, covetousness, lust, jealousy, envy, and the like. Though all of these things were paid for by the death and burial and resurrection of Christ; we had just not been able to understand and make a decision yet if you were going to serve God or not. Which is a daily option to do anyway. If you decide to serve God or not serve God or walk by faith and in spirit.

The spirit naturally causes us to become more humble, gentle, meek, lowly, longsuffering, have joy, have peace, have forgiveness, have patience, all by abiding in the vine of Christ.

When it comes down to my own life right now it has been up and down for the past 3 days. Have been struggling in the flesh because sometimes you just let everything go, but you still haven't forgot about God and the goodness that He has provided you with in the fact that though it may be tough God is still there and still loves you, and still cares about you, and still desires to know everything going on in your life to help you with the situations you may get yourself into which is different for all people.

The thing that is remembered most in my mind is that no-one in this life will be perfect, all will make their own choices, and all of us have been through many failures; and if being honest : they are still being made today. God is there though to carry and help just a decision to be made between you and your Father. It is the same for all individuals.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What are your thoughts if you can make it through 30 minutes worth of listening.

Free will and pride? God can fix anything, but he is bound by His own Word in which He gave men dominion over themselves. It is part of God's overall plan for men. God spoke His Word[if that is the right word for it] from the beginning or before the beginning of man. He gave men the will to choose to go against God. Adam and Eve started along this pathway of making a wrong choice by going against God. The only "man" who has not also done that was Jesus when he came here as a "man".

First the dominion:

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat." Gen 1:28-29

Man's dominion over himself, I believe, is included in those words.

Jesus expressed our choice under "free will" according to God here:

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon" Matt 6:24

But for this time allotted to each of us we can shift back and forth and all of us have done it, between the service of God and the service of mammon.

Joshua [Yeshua ... name sake and type of Jesus?] put it this way:

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Here we see Jesus in himself as a man make the right choice even though his flesh did not want to suffer tortuous pain and to die on a cross:

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

Again God had bound Himself by His word, so that during a man's allotted time, God may be and certainly has been limited by men.

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

But, when and if a man believes in God and opens up the door to his own heart, God can and will enter in to "fix" things. This is humbling ourselves and inviting Him in and never taking away the invitation.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved" John 3:16-17

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev 3:20

That is the free will and bound up in it can be the other one mentioned: pride

Unbelievers are commonly prideful, but the danger of pride is also found in believers, especially far down the pathway when he begin to think foolishly that they have overcome the first two attractions mentioned by John and begin to pat themselves on the back as if they have done it on their own:

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." I John 2:15-16

The "world" is not planet Earth, but rather the world of me, that for me the world of Amadeus which has been attracted by the three things named:
1) the lust of the flesh,
2) the lust of the eyes,
3) the pride of life.

These three things in themselves are Not sin, but when anyone of all of them are followed they lead us always to sin. Until we have yielded completely to God so that He working in has completely overcome those three things, we will continue to be tempted to sin. Each time we yield, we sin again. This happens, I believe, to people who have received the Holy Spirit. They quench the Spirit and follow those attractions of the flesh and sin...

Jesus never sinned, but he had those three attractions constantly tugging on him... until he finally overcame them here:

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

Then he was able to say these words:

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

That was his own little world of the man Jesus tempted in all points even as we are. He did not overcome our little worlds, but if we invite him in and do not quench the Spirit we too can overcome our little world by allowing the Holy Spirit to work in us.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ziggy and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @amadeus,

That is very interesting in everything you mentioned, also very useful insight. Interesting that you can objectively make that world - your own personal world which everyone is given when you think about it. Though no one chooses where they are born, who their parents are, along also with the surroundings they may be brought up to learn and know about. Though each person is living in their own world choosing what they will do with it; to serve God in their world or not. Which to do so would signify being reborn again and living in a new way by the spirit of Christ that lives with-in us by living in Faith of the Son of God. Thank you for taking time to write all of those things out.

~Matthew

Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though do try to take in the whole scope of scripture and not just bits and pieces anymore. Desire to know the truth and that takes the whole of scripture and looking towards Jesus for wisdom.

Right, that's 1A.

?

But you have no comment on my comments, only, what, I need to learn to study better?

Why do you say my comments aren't on target? Yes, we all need to do our proper study and seeking Jesus.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take care friend, and thank you for sharing your insights.

Reactions: marks

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my Sister in Christ,

This was a freely given video so was not sure who would give a watch. You know only listened to it about two times but can not think of much that was mentioned. Shawn mentioned something more about his friend near the end of the show was that. His friend who was Gay, believed in God and Jesus Christ. Then the friend started looking more into pride in having pride even against God. The person who was Shawn friend ended up going down a route where he suggested that the Fall was never real, and that there was no reason for a savior. So his friend got down the line of things that were not about God but further away from God instead. Which was suggested that Shawns friend was smoking pot more often and listening to atheist, decided that the Fall was all a lie and there was no reason for a Savior.

What can you do about something like that? If a person start going down this line of thinking of where they are making choices though under the influence of what is being listened too, and by what their own personal actions are causing them to live through and experience? Is there any way to get a person to turn back to God if they have made a choice to completely even erase the fall existing? Or that there was any need for a Saviour?

When it comes to Romans 9: I believe that in context is dealing with the Jewish people themselves, and it may or may have not merit for us today in this time, though it is possible for me to be wrong which is an always.

Thank your mention about "we are all sinners" mindset; set him up for more sin. Yes it could be just that He desired no more of God in life, so that did allow more darkness to enter into the mind, will, and emotion of the soul itself. Though it is true we are all sinners; the thing is our sin was paid for at our birth because of Jesus Christ death on the cross. Still born into the flesh which has its natural tendencies like hate, greed, covetousness, lust, jealousy, envy, and the like. Though all of these things were paid for by the death and burial and resurrection of Christ; we had just not been able to understand and make a decision yet if you were going to serve God or not. Which is a daily option to do anyway. If you decide to serve God or not serve God or walk by faith and in spirit.

The spirit naturally causes us to become more humble, gentle, meek, lowly, longsuffering, have joy, have peace, have forgiveness, have patience, all by abiding in the vine of Christ.

When it comes down to my own life right now it has been up and down for the past 3 days. Have been struggling in the flesh because sometimes you just let everything go, but you still haven't forgot about God and the goodness that He has provided you with in the fact that though it may be tough God is still there and still loves you, and still cares about you, and still desires to know everything going on in your life to help you with the situations you may get yourself into which is different for all people.

The thing that is remembered most in my mind is that no-one in this life will be perfect, all will make their own choices, and all of us have been through many failures; and if being honest : they are still being made today. God is there though to carry and help just a decision to be made between you and your Father. It is the same for all individuals.

Hey brother,

I think the only thing you can do when someone is slipping into sin is give them a stern warning. It's true that you cannot force another person to change, butif he is a member of a church, the Bible has a specific way to handle people who are in unrepentant sin. It didn't sound like any of it was tried.

Once you warn a person, your conscience can be clear. I can provide biblical precedent for that if need be.

It's funny you mention what's going on in your life because my husband struggled in his flesh too, but God used it to shake him up and get him seeking the Lord more wholeheartedly.

I hope you find peace in your personal life and that you find the Lord to be a good friend in all of it. He understands that we are dust, after all.

I too have my battles against sin and in my mind. Scripture says God will provide a way to escape.

I do this by avoiding things that trigger sinful thoughts, and using Scripture memory when sinful thoughts come to me.

Its definitely not an easy path to take but we are to posess ourselves in honor, sanctification, and self-control. And with God, this is possible.

I told my husband the other day that to study about water is not the same as drinking it. Sometimes, I think we get so intellectual in our relating to God, that we forget that He's our Father and our Friend and we need to simply relate to Him that way so our innermost needs are met.

I know I forget that at times.

Reactions: MatthewG and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the only thing you can do when someone is slipping into sin is give them a stern warning. It's true that you cannot force another person to change, butif he is a member of a church, the Bible has a specific way to handle people who are in unrepentant sin. It didn't sound like any of it was tried.
Loving and discipling.

Too often the response is judging and rejecting.

Some of these things will require a full lifetime to deal with.

This goes to the depths of grace and love. How deep does it go?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told my husband the other day that to study about water is not the same as drinking it. Sometimes, I think we get so intellectual in our relating to God, that we forget that He's our Father and our Friend and we need to simply relate to Him that way so our innermost needs are met.
Very well said!

Much love!

Reactions: Wynona

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Backsliding and doubt.
I been there.
God turns you around when he is good and ready.
He opens your heart and your mind and makes the realitity of himself known to you.
No person can open those doors for another. They can pray that the Lord opens those doors, softens those hearts, perhaps put them in circumstances where the need outweighs the wants.

Peter wanted to walk on water, but he Needed the Lord to make it so.
A lot of people believe they don't need to be saved from anything. They are happy with the life they've chosen.
When they are unhappy enough and go looking for something better, that's usually when the Lord opens the door and gives an invitation.

Littls Bo Peep has lost her sheep and don't know where to find them.
Leave them alone and they'll come home wagging their tails behind them.

Usually when the sheep come home it's because they are hungry.
The world doesn't provide much nourishment for the soul.
The prodigal son.

Just thinking..
(I didn't watch the video yet)

Hugs

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He derailed himeslf when he says man still has free will. Adam and Eve had true free will and were made inteh image of God, but lost it all when they rebelled. All of us since have been born dead inour trespasses and sins and as Paul said we are spiritually dead (no capacity to have a relationship with god).

We can make choices on earth like what to eat, weear, what job, who I will marry etc.;etc. but an unsaved person on theoir own cannot and will not ever choose to receive Christr unless God compels us.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No. There is nothing God cannot fix if He chooses to do so. That also means that God allows many things which He does not approve of. But that is all a part of His eternal plans and purposes. [Note: since I do not watch posted videos I have nothing to say about what is in the video].