• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Psalm-147:3

Jun 17, 2022
Germany
Faith
Christian
Country
Germany
This is called a double bind ...a statement that contains circular speech. Early on in my journey, I heard an alter repeating the words, "Believe not to believe." And when I heard it, I understood the meaning.... #1, To believe my memories is not to believe God... #2, to believe God is not to believe my memories.... and #3, what I am to believe is not to believe (God, myself, or my memories). It was a denial programming double bind statement. It finally made sense why I'd always feel a huge sense of doom every time I got new memories. And then, as a defense, I'd run to denial. (But the denial never brought resolution, of course. So it kept me in a loop of not moving forward in my healing and deprogramming.) The cult knows that if a survivor ever truly connects with God, their programming begins unraveling. They do everything they can to program victims against God... even to the extent of using (fake) "God", "Jesus", "Holy Spirit", and scriptures (given twisted meanings) to accomplish that.

As far as what you're hearing from inside, thank them for sharing that with you and ask them to explain what it means to them. Of course, also, pray that God will reveal what you need to know. And on your end, you can pray and renounce all programming that says, "it is all of it and nothing." (And add into that prayer, any other double mind programming statements that you're aware of.

In my case, an example would be, "In the name of (the true) Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth who came in the flesh 2000 years ago, I renounce - on behalf of all parts of me - all "believe not to believe" programming. I renounce - on behalf of every part of me - all programming that says I cannot believe God. I renounce all programming that says that the knowledge of God and the knowledge of my memories cannot come together. I renounce all programming that says I must deny the truth of my memories or deny the truth of God. I declare - on behalf of every part of myself - that I want the truth. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life, and I choose to know the truth so that every part of my humanity may be free, because it is knowing the truth that makes me free!"

So maybe that prayer example can help you form a prayer and declarations of truth that counteract the double binds that your alters were made to believe.

Also, if you ever need to discuss any of these things privately, please feel free to message me.

Oh wow. Thank you so very much! This is such a revelation. I wondered about these weird statements for a long time and just did not get it. I have to read up on double binds then.

Thank you also for the prayer and I will pray that and tell the prayer minister to be on the lookout when statements like this come.

I am also grateful for your offer to write you privately. I actually thought I'm going to be removed here because I ask these weird or confusing questions.

God bless you all

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry.... I don't think i was referring to you psalm in my last message but. Idk what it is.
Hope you're doing well today, sis.
((( hugs )))

proxy-image

Reactions: Lambano

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
im here if you want to talk
ive had a headache over a week now
Yikes! :/

I used to have those that lasted an average 4 or 5 days, but up to 2 weeks at times. I'm sorry you're dealing with a headache.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have enjoyed this playlist today. Hear the voice of the Lord calling you into His presence. I love the words to one of these songs that says, "We don't want blessings, we just want You." Taste, and see.... God is good.

Psalm 34:8
“O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Psalm-147:3

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all i feel is dirty and ugly all the time.
i want it to end.
i feel guilty for being a tattler false accuser.
im a freak

Psalm-147:3

Jun 17, 2022
Germany
Faith
Christian
Country
Germany
i want it to end.
im a freak

You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
The Lord has you in the palm of His hand. He loves you dearly. We all love you sister.
We are right there. I will keep you in my prayers ❤️

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i want it to end.
im a freak
You're a beloved daughter of The King. Don't ever forget that.

You feel how you feel, and your feelings are real, but remember: You are forgiven, you are clean, and you are loved. Okay?

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i want it to end.
im a freak
I don't know a survivor who hasn't struggled with these or similar feelings.

Sis, try and remember that there is programming that fuels these negative thoughts. When pressure is being increased from outside sources, it can seem to reinforce all the negative messages we've been fed all our lives.

I know it's really hard, but if you can, please try to ask the Lord to show you His truth related to these messages ...knowing His truth will free you from the lies that have been pounded into your head. (Hint: if the "truth" you hear does not line up with scripture, it didn't come from the Lord.)

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i can hardly try to pray and id like to ....its been so hard to read at all including the bible. praying is more important than reading sometimes in a sense.
i have woken up to praying in the past and that is always interesting.
my mind cant stop picturing a child bundled up in grass hiding or someone sitting in a corner of a maze. someone feels trapped....lost.

Reactions: Lambano and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i can hardly try to pray and id like to ....its been so hard to read at all including the bible. praying is more important than reading sometimes in a sense.
my mind cant stop picturing a child bundled up in grass hiding or someone sitting in a corner of a maze. someone feels trapped....lost.
Sis, when you don't have the words to speak in prayer, God hears your heart. Gather up that little one, bring her to the Lord, and hold her. You could have a playlist of scripture music or scripture lullabies playing for her and yourself. I'll make a playlist and post it soon, okay?

Much love and hugs to you and all parts who need hugs❤️

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture lullabies playlist
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE0dZP1riUzpdrhZEbqDpViRfFSPJauAX

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sis, when you don't have the words to speak in prayer, God hears your heart. Gather up that little one, bring her to the Lord, and hold her. You could have a playlist of scripture music or scripture lullabies playing for her and yourself. I'll make a playlist and post it soon, okay?

Much love and hugs to you and all parts who need hugs❤️
thank you ((hugs)) ❤️
i don tknow hwo to bring myself to do things....
my cheek is numb and im blind partially in the corner o fmy eye....very tired and feel lost
im sorry

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank you ((hugs)) ❤️
i don tknow hwo to bring myself to do things....
my cheek is numb and im blind partially in the corner o fmy eye....very tired and feel lost
im sorry
There's no need for an apology, sis. I'm sorry you're experiencing these physical issues. :/
I'm praying for you.❤️

Reactions: lilygrace