Understanding the Strong Delusion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop making yourself a victim, Vale - no one is attacking you. You are not being legally prosecuted for putting doctrine above people. No one is feeding you to the lions for refusing to acknowledge the rights of nonchristians. Perhaps it is your own guilt talking....? You are simply being called to recognize that nonchristians are also citizens of America and may not share your moral standards or beliefs.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
BlackManINC said:
I can tell you that the Christians that are by far the most likely to fall for the strong delusion are those who embrace the theory of evolution. If there are any Christians at all that is prone to believing "the lie", its theistic evolutionists for sure as well as those who pretend to know who and what God is while espousing heretical pantheistic beliefs about God at the same time.
I've found that Christians who think Genesis is a fairy tale also tend to support abortion on demand and many other Left wing evils. The deception is so deep seated they don't even know they're fighting against God and his righteousness. One of them is right on this thread. And why is that?

Because belief in evolution is an expressed disbelief that we are made in God's image. If we are just a random confluence of evolutionary delta, then indeed we are accountable to nobody and any atrocity is possible. It's why the atheists, not the religionists, have been responsible for 120 million deaths in the 20th century. If anyone thinks that belief in God leads to war and death, they have no idea what cruelty man is capable of when you remove belief in God.

If we are descended from crap flinging apes, then why be good at all? Why not give ourselves over to unbridled passion, doing as we want? The demonic doctrine of "do what ye will" has already been woven into modern rock music and people are starting to be swayed by this message. "Who am I hurting?" they demand petulantly. And so somehow smoking pot and having gay butt sex is ok because it's a "victimless crime." And abortion is ok because a woman has a right to control her body no matter who it kills. This is the progression of evil, the way that Satan prepares people for greater leaps of depravity. And there are Christians, one of them right here on this thread, who marches to that drumbeat, that every deviate behavior is fine, but religion has no place in public policy. They fight for the god of this world and do so out of sheer, blind, and invincible ignorance.

I don't have to look very far to see strong delusions. I'm seeing it all around me right now.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen said:
So....this is how you get the attention of a Calvinist.....
Hey, what can I say? I was honestly intrigued by your conversation.
This Vale Of Tears said:
Don't choke on that, Nomad.
I almost choked on the irony of the conversation, but I was okay with the popcorn. lol
RANDOR said:
That's funny..........see what I mean....we need more smiley faces... :)
They definitely couldn't hurt. :)

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
BlackManINC said:
I can tell you that the Christians that are by far the most likely to fall for the strong delusion are those who embrace the theory of evolution. If there are any Christians at all that is prone to believing "the lie", its theistic evolutionists for sure as well as those who pretend to know who and what God is while espousing heretical pantheistic beliefs about God at the same time.
Thank you for your response and caring!

The "delusions" deal with the apostate churches due to the context of IIThess.2:3, ie, no refute intended...only a head's up. My opinion is that the "evolutionist theory" is an effect of the apostate cause.

Old Jack

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
This Vale Of Tears said:
I've found that Christians who think Genesis is a fairy tale also tend to support abortion on demand and many other Left wing evils. The deception is so deep seated they don't even know they're fighting against God and his righteousness. One of them is right on this thread. And why is that?
And thus we see the intersection of Republican politics, fundamentalist Christianity, black/white thinking, and tribalism.

Because belief in evolution is an expressed disbelief that we are made in God's image. If we are just a random confluence of evolutionary delta, then indeed we are accountable to nobody and any atrocity is possible. It's why the atheists, not the religionists, have been responsible for 120 million deaths in the 20th century. If anyone thinks that belief in God leads to war and death, they have no idea what cruelty man is capable of when you remove belief in God.
And again we see the same things...evolution = atheism and a total lack of morality.

If we are descended from crap flinging apes, then why be good at all? Why not give ourselves over to unbridled passion, doing as we want? The demonic doctrine of "do what ye will" has already been woven into modern rock music and people are starting to be swayed by this message. "Who am I hurting?" they demand petulantly. And so somehow smoking pot and having gay butt sex is ok because it's a "victimless crime." And abortion is ok because a woman has a right to control her body no matter who it kills. This is the progression of evil, the way that Satan prepares people for greater leaps of depravity. And there are Christians, one of them right here on this thread, who marches to that drumbeat, that every deviate behavior is fine, but religion has no place in public policy. They fight for the god of this world and do so out of sheer, blind, and invincible ignorance.
Same thing...fascinating.

I don't have to look very far to see strong delusions. I'm seeing it all around me right now.
Of course you do. Everyone who thinks and believes differently than you is "under a strong delusion" and is on the other team. Couple that with a black/white mentality and you end up with what we see here...you think yourself on the righteous team and everyone else is on the atheistic, evil, delusional team.

BlackManINC

Feb 21, 2014
River Jordan said:
And thus we see the intersection of Republican politics, fundamentalist Christianity, black/white thinking, and tribalism.

And again we see the same things...evolution = atheism and a total lack of morality.

Same thing...fascinating.

Of course you do. Everyone who thinks and believes differently than you is "under a strong delusion" and is on the other team. Couple that with a black/white mentality and you end up with what we see here...you think yourself on the righteous team and everyone else is on the atheistic, evil, delusional team.

This Vale Of Tears said:

If you analyze 2 Thessalonians 2 carefully, you'll see that the strong delusion is akin to the hardening of the Pharaoh's heart. I believe that what this really means is that God completely turned the Pharaoh over to his own lusts. His heathenism, his iniquities became impenetrable. This is whats going to happen in the end times with the strong delusion only on a global scale as the scripture makes very clear. The world will sink so far down into the pit of their own delusions which Satan prepared for them, their heretical materialism, that nothing we say to them will get through to them.

This is almost the case now in fact, so if the delusions are strong now, then one can imagine how strong they will be as the way is paved for the antichrist, who will be the absolute embodiment of the strong delusion. It will get so bad that it will make widespread persecution possible. It is important to understand that prior to the antichrists arrival, a major falling away from the faith or apostasy is supposed to happen. So for the next ten odd years, we can expect a number of "earth shattering" revelations that will, in the eyes of the world, discredit the Christian worldview.

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;" - - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

"For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." - 2 Thessalonians 2: 8-12

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
@ This Vale of Tears

I support evolution.

"If we are just a random confluence of evolutionary delta..."

This cannot be the case. Nothing in the universe is truly "random" because God is Creator.

"If we are descended from crap flinging apes, then why be good at all?"

Because I am not a crap flinging ape, regardless of my ancestry. The ape does not have the capacity to do good. There is no free will and they are not responsible for their actions, good or bad. I, however, am a rational being. I have all the intellectual powers of an angel, yet still synthesized with a physical body. How awesome is my very being? My ancestry is nothing special, but my being now is in the image of God.

"The demonic doctrine of "do what ye will" has already been woven into modern rock music..."

I also listen to rock music. I also criticize lyrics when they are backwards. There's a popular indie song right now called "Rude" where a guy is denied permission to marry the daughter. The chorus is "Why you gotta be so rude? I'm gunna marry her anyway". That is the most disrespectful, crap flinging ape garbage I've heard yet. I talked about it with my girlfriend and she agreed. Then three days later some dad gets on and parody's the song. It's gotten 7.5 million views now =)

"And so somehow smoking pot and having gay butt sex is ok because it's a "victimless crime." And abortion is ok because a woman has a right to control her body no matter who it kills."

I don't adhere to any of that crap flinging ape philosophy. But I support evolution. God created the cat species, which all has really, really close DNA organization, but they are all totally different things that are not related except by looks? I don't think so. Same goes for dogs, for dolphins, for whales, and for great apes (including people).

BlackManINC

Feb 21, 2014
Tex said:
@ This Vale of Tears

I support evolution.

This cannot be the case. Nothing in the universe is truly "random" because God is Creator.

Because I am not a crap flinging ape, regardless of my ancestry. The ape does not have the capacity to do good. There is no free will and they are not responsible for their actions, good or bad. I, however, am a rational being. I have all the intellectual powers of an angel, yet still synthesized with a physical body. How awesome is my very being? My ancestry is nothing special, but my being now is in the image of God.

"The demonic doctrine of "do what ye will" has already been woven into modern rock music..."

I also listen to rock music. I also criticize lyrics when they are backwards. There's a popular indie song right now called "Rude" where a guy is denied permission to marry the daughter. The chorus is "Why you gotta be so rude? I'm gunna marry her anyway". That is the most disrespectful, crap flinging ape garbage I've heard yet. I talked about it with my girlfriend and she agreed. Then three days later some dad gets on and parody's the song. It's gotten 7.5 million views now =)

"And so somehow smoking pot and having gay butt sex is ok because it's a "victimless crime." And abortion is ok because a woman has a right to control her body no matter who it kills."

I don't adhere to any of that crap flinging ape philosophy. But I support evolution. God created the cat species, which all has really, really close DNA organization, but they are all totally different things that are not related except by looks? I don't think so. Same goes for dogs, for dolphins, for whales, and for great apes (including people).
Well, recent DNA sequencing techniques have dis-proven the long touted rubbish that “99%” of human DNA is similar to apes and that its actually no more than about 70%. Based on real observed, testable science, we are not interchangeable with apes, and I am 100% certain that the same would be found with the supposed genetic similarity to cats as well, or any other creature for that matter. And when we're talking molecular biology, 99% is still a colossal difference. So you ask just how different we really are. There is a big difference between us and every other creature, both at the anatomical and genetic level. This is before we even consider the massive difference at the spiritual level, which is the most important, as it is in our spirit that we were made in Gods image. Whatever "similarity" we may have to any creature can easily be explained by a common designer, not a common ancestor. Based on what the Bible states, and on what real science shows, we have no "ancestry" with anything other than our own kind. Your ancestors may have been apes, or cats, or whales, but I know that mine weren't.

99% DNA similaritties between apes and man debunked: http://www.refdag.nl/chimpanzee_1_282611

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
BlackManINC said:
If you analyze 2 Thessalonians 2 carefully, you'll see that the strong delusion is akin to the hardening of the Pharaoh's heart. I believe that what this really means is that God completely turned the Pharaoh over to his own lusts. His heathenism, his iniquities became impenetrable. This is whats going to happen in the end times with the strong delusion only on a global scale as the scripture makes very clear. The world will sink so far down into the pit of their own delusions which Satan prepared for them, their heretical materialism, that nothing we say to them will get through to them.

This is almost the case now in fact, so if the delusions are strong now, then one can imagine how strong they will be as the way is paved for the antichrist, who will be the absolute embodiment of the strong delusion. It will get so bad that it will make widespread persecution possible. It is important to understand that prior to the antichrists arrival, a major falling away from the faith or apostasy is supposed to happen. So for the next ten odd years, we can expect a number of "earth shattering" revelations that will, in the eyes of the world, discredit the Christian worldview.
Thank you for your response!

Push back the next 10 years to the last 10 then I'll fully agree with you.

Old agreeable Jack

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Tex said:
@ This Vale of Tears

I support evolution.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that God formed us from the dust, created us in his own image, and breathed life into us as a distinct being from the animals? Why do you succumb to the pressure to conform to materialist doctrines? Evolution was created in search for an alternate explanation to God's creation of man. It is championed by materialists to the point they have rendered religious devotion to it, ignoring scientific evidence that confounds their claims. They frame the debate as science vs religion as if science is on their side and everything else is superstition and here you are trying to find a compromise with them. There's no reason to do this.

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
BlackManINC said:
Well, recent DNA sequencing techniques have dis-proven the long touted rubbish that “99%” of human DNA is similar to apes and that its actually no more than about 70%. Based on real observed, testable science, we are not interchangeable with apes, and I am 100% certain that the same would be found with the supposed genetic similarity to cats as well, or any other creature for that matter. And when we're talking molecular biology, 99% is still a colossal difference. So you ask just how different we really are. There is a big difference between us and every other creature, both at the anatomical and genetic level. This is before we even consider the massive difference at the spiritual level, which is the most important, as it is in our spirit that we were made in Gods image. Whatever "similarity" we may have to any creature can easily be explained by a common designer, not a common ancestor. Based on what the Bible states, and on what real science shows, we have no "ancestry" with anything other than our own kind. Your ancestors may have been apes, or cats, or whales, but I know that mine weren't.

99% DNA similaritties between apes and man debunked: http://www.refdag.nl/chimpanzee_1_282611
That actually doesn't bother me. We are still genetically similar to apes. A 1% difference is huge; an extra gene is even larger. It still doesn't matter. Our species is very similar to multiple others. I have no problem in knowing how low we are - an organized spec of dust - and how great God has made us - kings and queens of the universe.

This Vale Of Tears said:
Why is it so hard for you to believe that God formed us from the dust, created us in his own image, and breathed life into us as a distinct being from the animals? Why do you succumb to the pressure to conform to materialist doctrines? Evolution was created in search for an alternate explanation to God's creation of man. It is championed by materialists to the point they have rendered religious devotion to it, ignoring scientific evidence that confounds their claims. They frame the debate as science vs religion as if science is on their side and everything else is superstition and here you are trying to find a compromise with them. There's no reason to do this.
God created the material. Why should I deny his handiwork? What God would make us the kings and queens of Earth yet give us no relation to our subjects? Our ascension from the dust is simply slower than you have thought. There is no science vs. religion, my God is Logos (word, logic, wisdom, order). There is no logic to a god who would set genetic sequences as foundations for species and yet have similar sequences be secretly unrelated.

And I do not say that evolution is whole the cause of myself or any other person's existence. I am not entirely physical, so I must receive my synthesized substance from something greater than mere cause and effect.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Tex said:
That actually doesn't bother me. We are still genetically similar to apes. A 1% difference is huge; an extra gene is even larger. It still doesn't matter. Our species is very similar to multiple others. I have no problem in knowing how low we are - an organized spec of dust - and how great God has made us - kings and queens of the universe.

God created the material. Why should I deny his handiwork? What God would make us the kings and queens of Earth yet give us no relation to our subjects? Our ascension from the dust is simply slower than you have thought. There is no science vs. religion, my God is Logos (word, logic, wisdom, order). There is no logic to a god who would set genetic sequences as foundations for species and yet have similar sequences be secretly unrelated.

And I do not say that evolution is whole the cause of myself or any other person's existence. I am not entirely physical, so I must receive my synthesized substance from something greater than mere cause and effect.
Genetically, we're actually closer to a lot of other animals than we are to apes. But I find it best that when somebody wants to think they came from crap flinging apes, I stand out of their way. My origin is divine and my descendancy is from man made in God's image as separate and distinct from all the animals.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
BlackManINC said:

You're completely misunderstanding the data. It's not the percentages that are important, it's the relative similarities when analyzed across the board. IOW, it's not whether we share 99% or 70% of our DNA with chimps; it's the fact that no matter how you compare genomes ours is most similar to chimps than anything else. And not only are chimps our closest genome, the reverse is true as well...we are chimps' closest genome. The chimp genome is more similar to humans than it is to gorillas, orangutans, or any other primate!
This Vale Of Tears said:
Genetically, we're actually closer to a lot of other animals than we are to apes.
Any actual data to back that up?

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
This Vale Of Tears said:
Genetically, we're actually closer to a lot of other animals than we are to apes. But I find it best that when somebody wants to think they came from crap flinging apes, I stand out of their way. My origin is divine and my descendancy is from man made in God's image as separate and distinct from all the animals.
If you use naked eyes, you can see we are not totally distinct from all the animals. Your origin is divine. So is the crap flinging ape.

That post is worse than a crap flinging ape. The ape doesn't know better, yet you'll just upchuck that bit of pride and then call it righteousness.

Forsakenone

Dec 25, 2013
think they came from crap flinging apes
The Research Institute of Jane Gooden's African Center on primates announced yesterday said that have successful trained the first chimp to communicate using the spoken word. They claim they will be releasing video by the end of the week.

Officials at the Institute of Creation Researchers immediately issued a statement that the ability monkeys to speak fits within the scriptures of Genesis and serves to prove that the scriptures in Genesis that God gave the ability to other creatures to talk.

While I must admit that I always held that man's ability to speak the 'word' was the gift of tongues given by the Spirit unto those man in His likeness and Image -I know- you don't have to remind me that the ability to speak is of the flesh and has nothing to do with the spirit or the gift of tongues- but feel free to throw all the stones at me you want I guess I deserve it for saying that only man is the only animal on earth that can, could or will communicate using the spoken word. Ecclesiastics 3:18

Maybe flinging is just the way chimps stoning other chimps who didn't prophesy unto them what God should have said. By the way, while they are still spending millions trying, there isn't any Research Institute of Jane Gooden's African Center but I am sure you already knew that.

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
RANDOR said:
I wonder if...satan bugs the apes
You don't want to be in the room with a 800 pound gorilla when satan is bugging his software, or is it underware? Get out of there quick!

Old Jack checking for bugs.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
I heard a story about a donkey that spoke in complete sentences. And oddly enough, his first words were "stop abusing me!" I wonder if that has a broader application to all animals under the care of man?