Unhealthy food you won't give up.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All real food is good for you. Watch the ingredients on bread, because there was a time sawdust was an additive; it was a hidden description, maybe still there. Also, I've seen antifreeze as an additive as a preservative. If it don't mold in 4 days, its not healthy. Buns at fast food restaurant's have high fructose corn syrup added. It makes you fat. I could go on. Rice and beans are still healthy, GMO vegetables aren't.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh, what kinda brownies? :p "the category of mood-altering, psychoactive drugs."

I wish Starbucks would bring back their Michigan Cherry Oat Bars. When they discontinued them, the barista told me I was the only one who ever ordered any. And then he let me have the entire inventory he had left over in his freezer. I went through 35 of them in less than a week. Maybe somebody needs to stage an intervention.

But hey, Michigan Cherry Oat Bars have to be less unhealthy (I can't say "healthier") than brownies, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish Starbucks would bring back their Michigan Cherry Oat Bars. When they discontinued them, the barista told me I was the only one who ever ordered any. And then he let me have the entire inventory he had left over in his freezer. I went through 35 of them in less than a week. Maybe somebody needs to stage an intervention.

But hey, Michigan Cherry Oat Bars have to be less unhealthy (I can't say "healthier") than brownies, right?
I think I know those. Used to eat them too. Oatmeal with cherry inside. Yep, good eating. Don't know if they were the same brand, but that was a very long time ago. Some things are more fad like in society and fizzle out over time.

What I'm into is cheese croissants. Can't eat enough of them.

Reactions: Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I like to eat just raw hemp. Tastes like fresh grass. Just grazin with the cows in the field like the good ol' days. Run across a salt lick and bonus. Hahaha, that's probably the meerkat in me:

thinkstock-getty-images-raw-hemp-seeds.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Lambano and Wynona

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I know those. Used to eat them too. Oatmeal with cherry inside. Yep, good eating. Don't know if they were the same brand, but that was a very long time ago. Some things are more fad like in society and fizzle out over time.

What I'm into is cheese croissants. Can't eat enough of them.
Sara Lee used to have these fruit-filled croissants. Apple, cherry, strawberry, maybe a couple others. Delicious and addictive, but probably not unhealthy enough to fall within the scope of the OP. They might actually have some nutritional value.

Naturally, Sara Lee discontinued the product. But I bet I could find something similar in the local bakeries.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sara Lee used to have these fruit-filled croissants. Apple, cherry, strawberry, maybe a couple others. Delicious and addictive, but probably not unhealthy enough to fall within the scope of the OP. They might actually have some nutritional value.

Naturally, Sara Lee discontinued the product. But I bet I could find something similar in the local bakeries.
I actually can get the chesse filled crouiasnts anywhere.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take my dad to Bible study on Wednesday mornings and bring Carol Lee Donuts with me. I feel as if I gain ten pounds just by looking at those things!

10446351_924873570874482_76887476309074474_n.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Wynona and Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take my dad to Bible study on Wednesday mornings and bring Carol Lee Donuts with me. I feel as if I gain ten pounds just by looking at those things!
Oh, my; those do look good.

Down here in NC, Krispy Kreme is the donut of choice. Most of their menu is too sweet even for me, but these lemon-cream filled ones are outstanding.

banner.aspx

Reactions: rockytopva

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, my; those do look good.

Down here in NC, Krispy Kreme is the donut of choice. Most of their menu is too sweet even for me, but these lemon-cream filled ones are outstanding.

banner.aspx
Wow Lambano, you've been in NC this whole time!

If you ever vacation in Carolina Beach, there are famous local donut places like Britt's Donuts and Wake n Bake that you might really like.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, it's rice and bread. Bread has gotten a lot of bad press. But Jesus liked bread so it can't be that bad. It's delicious and Im not giving it up.

I have lost 22 pounds last year but I refused to eliminate any food group in the process.
I would think rice is one of the healthiest things there is to eat. Bread is pretty healthy, also, I think, though some types are healthier than others, I hear. Bread does have some sodium.

I try to keep my intakes of sodium, sugar, and fat - especially saturated fat - moderate.

Reactions: Wynona