Unhealthy food you won't give up.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, it's rice and bread. Bread has gotten a lot of bad press. But Jesus liked bread so it can't be that bad. It's delicious and Im not giving it up.

I have lost 22 pounds last year but I refused to eliminate any food group in the process.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I lost 9 pounds since a couple years ago and I think I have plateaued. My food is TV dinners. But I get the healthy kind now which is better. And still one of my favorite meals to eat is top ramen. I love the pork ramen, it's got this kinda peppery taste that I like some days.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, it's rice and bread. Bread has gotten a lot of bad press. But Jesus liked bread so it can't be that bad. It's delicious and Im not giving it up.

I have lost 22 pounds last year but I refused to eliminate any food group in the process.
I'd have to say that the wheat was much healthier back in Jesus day. Like you, bread for sure is a huge downfall, second in line - Lay's Dill Pickle Chips...they MUST be Lay's though :)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For me, it's rice and bread.
There is no such thing as "unhealthy food" (including rice and bread). All food is good and to be received with thanksgiving, but a balanced diet and moderation in all things will keep a person healthy (not to mention proper rest, sleep, and exercise). All the attacks on butter (for example) were bogus. It turns out margarine is even worse.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as "unhealthy food" (including rice and bread). All food is good and to be received with thanksgiving, but a balanced diet and moderation in all things will keep a person healthy (not to mention proper rest, sleep, and exercise). All the attacks on butter (for example) were bogus. It turns out margarine is even worse.
It is true that whats considered unhealthy at one time can change later.

I take it your not giving up butter anytime soon.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I take it your not giving up butter anytime soon.
I eat butter daily and it is one of the best foods on the planet. No I won't be giving it up anytime. In fact I do not shun any foods (although I do not care for Brussels sprouts). Also rice keeps people slim and it is probably eaten by more people on the planet than bread.

"People who eat whole grains such as brown rice have repeatedly been shown to weigh less than those who don’t and to have a lower risk of weight gain (12Trusted Source)."

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone isn't familiar with Wonderbread, Ill try to describe it.

It is a sliced loaf of fluffy-textured chemicals wrapped in bright technicolor plastic. It is floppy, white, and porous. It may have no nutritional value but you can easily flatten it into a small sheet or condense it into a gooey bread ball. Is it safe to eat? We don't know. But it is one of the wonders of this world.

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Generally, one should avoid man-made or man modified foods (e.g. additives, heating excessively etc) otherwise known as processed. And the OP has the right idea if Jesus ate it, it's OK. (modern breads, salt, and the like have been altered although in their natural form are very healthy). That's what I go by; if the Bible allows it and/or is Kosher, then it's healthy. Pragmatically speaking, things that are in boxes, cans or wrapped in some way are processed food. Foods in their natural forms are what we should be eating. In a supermarket, the natural foods tend to be on the perimeter: meats, butter, diary, produce, nuts and the like which are all generally healthy (I have issues with milk due to the previously mentioned heating: it gets somewhat modified from just milking a cow. OK,OK we may have a container for containment such as our eggs and yogurt. You don't want to scrape the yogurt off a shelf. LOL

Reactions: Helen and dev553344

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Congratulations! for losing so many pounds last year. that's a great accomplishment that you should be proud of! Well, there are different kinds of bread, just don't eat white bread because it has little nutrient value. Eat rye, sour dough or whole grain, that's healthy, just don't over-do anything or under-do otherwise you'd either be in overload or malnourished. Good luck!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say "chocolate chip cookies", but they can't be considered an unhealthy food. Chocolate chip cookies (the really good ones, not the Chips Ahoy type stuff) belong in the category of mood-altering, psychoactive drugs.

Same for Starbucks' Double Chocolate brownies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say "chocolate chip cookies", but they can't be considered an unhealthy food. Chocolate chip cookies (the really good ones, not the Chips Ahoy type stuff) belong in the category of mood-altering, psychoactive drugs.

Same for Starbucks' Double Chocolate brownies.
Uh, what kinda brownies? :p "the category of mood-altering, psychoactive drugs."