Universal Reconcilation? (Christian Universalism)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aquila

Jun 18, 2008
(treeoflife;53670)
Oh, I get it now. That's easy. Restitution does not mean that all would be saved. Restitution could also mean that damned people will be where damned people need to be, and the saints will be where they need to be. Everything will be in it's proper place, wherever that is, whatever that looks like.I had a messy room once... and so I brought restitution to it when I cleaned it up. I threw away some garbage, I made my bed... I got rid of some thing that didn't belong in my room, and I kept the things that did belong.I brought the restitution of all things in my room, when I did such.The word "restitution" was used... not the word salvation. Restitution is not salvation.
The Greek word for "restitution" is, "apokatastasis", meaning "restoration" not "cleaning up". Origen wrote extensively on the meaning of this Greek word. Consider the next verse also...Colossians 1:16-201:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.The word "reconcile" is the Greek word, "apokatallasso", meaning, "to reconcile completely", "to reconcile back again", "bring back a former state of harmony". Notice that essentially this is stating that by Christ God will "reconcile completely" ALL THINGS unto HIMSELF. Nothing will be separated, destroyed, or lost from Him. God will reconcile all things...notice the role of reconcilation in salvation...Ephesians 2:16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:So the question is...will ALL THINGS be reconciled to God? Or will the majority of mankind be lost forever?

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Aquila;53675)
The Greek word for "restitution" is, "apokatastasis", meaning "restoration" not "cleaning up". Origen wrote extensively on the meaning of this Greek word. Consider the next verse also...Colossians 1:16-201:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.The word "reconcile" is the Greek word, "apokatallasso", meaning, "to reconcile completely", "to reconcile back again", "bring back a former state of harmony". Notice that essentially this is stating that by Christ God will "reconcile completely" ALL THINGS unto HIMSELF. Nothing will be separated, destroyed, or lost from Him. God will reconcile all things...notice the role of reconcilation in salvation...Ephesians 2:16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:So the question is...will ALL THINGS be reconciled to God? Or will the majority of mankind be lost forever?
Same answer. This doesn't mean all will attain salvation. It has a much different answer that does not contridict God's Word. Universal salvation cannot be true... unless you want to ingore all the other verses that speak of those going to hell, and seperating the sheep from the goats... and Jesus saying to fear God who can cast both body and spirit into hell.It would be a good idea to *stop* trying to prove Universal salvation. Honestly, you will only be able to convince someone who doesn't have a firm grasp of God's Word.Any verse that you construe to mean that all will be saved, is misconstrued. God's Word tells us, not all will be saved.

Aquila

Jun 18, 2008
(treeoflife;53674)
*IF* He is lifted up (He spoke of His death) he will draw all men to Himself. This simply doesn't mean that all will be saved from the second death when He is crucified. There is a much different meaning to this that doesn't contridict God's Word. Not all will be saved. God makes it clear that there will be a seperation of those who are saved, and those who are not saved. You can't ignore this. Well, you can but you shouldn't. Universal salvation cannot be true.
Not all will be saved...but all will be reconciled. Big difference. Only those who accept and believe the gospel prior to death will be "saved" from the "kolasis" or "punishment" of the "second death". We who believe and obey the gospel will enter into Heavenly joys immediately upon death and after the resurrection. However, those who do not accept and believe the gospel will be "punished" (kolasis) for an indefinite period of time (aionios). These were not saved from punishment. These will endure the fires of God's judgment where they will die to self and surrender to the rulership of God (second death is forced upon them). And having surrendered to God's will, having been punished for their sins...all will be reconciled. The entire process from start to finish is predicated upon the blood of Jesus Christ who died for ALL men.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Aquila;53673)
Ezekiel speaks of physical death as a result of sin. Revelation 20:14 indicates that the domains of death and hell (Hades) will pass away and all that will be left is the lake of fire serving to produce the "second death".
Flesh is not a soul. It's been proven in this very scriptures.Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:II Corinthians 5:8 - We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Aquila;53677)
Not all will be saved...but all will be reconciled. Big difference. Only those who accept and believe the gospel prior to death will be "saved" from the "kolasis" or "punishment" of the "second death". We who believe and obey the gospel will enter into Heavenly joys immediately upon death and after the resurrection. However, those who do not accept and believe the gospel will be "punished" (kolasis) for an indefinite period of time (aionios). These were not saved from punishment. These will endure the fires of God's judgment where they will die to self and surrender to the rulership of God (second death is forced upon them). And having surrendered to God's will, having been punished for their sins...all will be reconciled. The entire process from start to finish is predicated upon the blood of Jesus Christ who died for ALL men.
I agree, Jesus did die for ALL men. However, not ALL men will be saved. We must understand the difference, but also remember that He did die for all sins... yes... Amen.I would argue even that MANY more people will be saved than many Christians have understood. However, not ALL will be saved... I know that for certain. Many will be seperated, and cast into outer darkness forever.

Veronica Moser

Feb 22, 2008
This is an interesting discussion to say the least. I have often wondered about hell. It seesm that the more I think about it, the more questions I have. Answers are hard to come by though.Will all be saved? I don't know. The Bible is a tough thing to interpret. ("treeoflife")
However, not ALL will be saved... I know that for certain. Many will be seperated, and cast into outer darkness forever.
I do you know that many will be cast into outer darkness forever? Perhaps you have a few verses in mind? Are there other interpretations of these verses besides yours?

Aquila

Jun 18, 2008
(thesuperjag;53678)
Flesh is not a soul. It's been proven in this very scriptures.Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:II Corinthians 5:8 - We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Actually the term "soul" can also refer to the complete living being (body, soul, and spirit).Here's the Greek breakdown:05315 // vpn // nephesh // neh'-fesh // from 05314 ; TWOT - 1395a; n f AV - soul 475, life 117, person 29, mind 15, heart 15, creature 9, body 8, himself 8, yourselves 6, dead 5, will 4, desire 4, man 3, themselves 3, any 3, appetite 2, misc 47; 753 1) soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion 1a) that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the inner being of man 1b) living being 1c) living being (with life in the blood) 1d) the man himself, self, person or individual 1e) seat of the appetites 1f) seat of emotions and passions 1g) activity of mind 1g1) dubious 1h) activity of the will 1h1) dubious 1i) activity of the character 1i1) dubious For example, Adam was a living "soul" once God breathed into his nostrils, Adam was in body...not an an intangible spirit...Genesis 2:7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.It is in this sense that Ezekiel uses the term soul. This a prophesy regarding judgment against the earthly nation/nations.

Aquila

Jun 18, 2008
(treeoflife;53679)
I agree, Jesus did die for ALL men. However, not ALL men will be saved. We must understand the difference, but also remember that He did die for all sins... yes... Amen.I would argue even that MANY more people will be saved than many Christians have understood. However, not ALL will be saved... I know that for certain. Many will be seperated, and cast into outer darkness forever.
Not all men will be "saved". The majority of mankind will be condemned to punishment. However, God promised to reconcile all things...Acts 3: 20-21And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of ALL things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.Colossians 1:16-201:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.All things means....all things. If God fails to reconcile a single human being...his blood failed to reconcile all things...if God fails to reconcile a single human being...his promise failed. Christ didn't just die for some...Christ died in the place of all. This gospel, Christ's mission, wasn't to select a few elite individuals for salvation...it was for all mankind...including those who do not know him, including those children who are rebellious. God will reconcile all by Christ's blood.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Aquila;53944)
Not all men will be "saved". The majority of mankind will be condemned to punishment. However, God promised to reconcile all things...
If you believe this (and I also believe this), then explain this. Because, I believe this but cannot believe in universal salvation because as you said, not all will be saved (as God has given us His Word on this).Universal salvation means that everyone, universally, will have salvation... ie... be saved, no?

Aquila

Jun 18, 2008
(treeoflife;53949)
If you believe this (and I also believe this), then explain this. Because, I believe this but cannot believe in universal salvation because as you said, not all will be saved (as God has given us His Word on this).Universal salvation means that everyone, universally, will have salvation... ie... be saved, no?
That's an issue of semantics. This teaching is doctrinally known as "Christian Universalism" or "Universal Reconciliation". The term "Universal Salvation" isn't an official term and it's not necessarily accurate. I used the term to get attention to the subject.
wink.gif
God will reconcile all things (including people) to himself. Those who are not saved from punishment will be punished for an indefinate period of time and reconciled at some point in eternity. But we can rest assured that at some point after all is said and done, all human beings will be standing before their creator, in worship, thanking God for the blood of Jesus.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
As Kriss earlier said- There would be no purpose for Christs' blood to be shed in the first place. All I see here is the same 2 verses being twisted. Christ wouldn't have mentioned hell nor separation from God if it wasn't an actual warning. You either accept the salvation from Christ or you deny it- its that simple. This universal garbage is exactly the message this generation would fall for. While were all at it- Lets tell everyone we dont need Christ for salvation- Let just try out a week in hell cause we will end up getting eternity in heaven anyway. Might as well check em both out.Aquila please stop spreading these lies. Your message takes all light off of Christ and his sacrifice.

Veronica Moser

Feb 22, 2008
("redletter88")
As Kriss earlier said- There would be no purpose for Christs' blood to be shed in the first place.
If there is one thing that I am weary of more than false ideas, it's misrepresentation of an idea. I'm certainly not a believer in Universal Salvation, but let's be fair here. Christian Universalism is the belief that all sinners will be saved precisely through the atoning work of God's Son. Thus, to suggest that Universal Salvation invalidates the Cross is clearly fallacious.
Christ wouldn't have mentioned hell nor separation from God if it wasn't an actual warning.
Every Christian Universalist I have debated would agree with you. You clearly do not understand the position you are trying to refute. Know thy enemy.
While were all at it- Lets tell everyone we dont need Christ for salvation- Let just try out a week in hell cause we will end up getting eternity in heaven anyway. Might as well check em both out.
Clearly you are not addressing the Christian Universalist position. I suggest you try to understand an idea before offering an argument that, quite frankly, discredits you.

Reactions: strobe

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
Yes I understand they still go through Christ- However- They completely take the focus off the sacrifice for the sinner. We are both looking at the same thing here with two different ways of looking at it. With the universal way of thinking- we can ignore Christ- therefore rejecting the Father- and still (eventually) enter paradise. This is absolutely unbiblical. Maybe you should ask the person who started this thread why they ignore the second death. You know why Its difficult to present the biblical side? Because they dont have a concrete side! It can go either way and still be claimed as a victory by them. You wanna support twisting of scripture- fine.I may be focusing more on the Unitarian side more than the Universalists. However this idea is still 100% unbiblical and a great twist of scripture. If you want to support it- go ahead.As far as my last part about trying them both out- Look a couple posts back by Aquila- after a little week of handslapping in hell- they get to join the party as well. Amazing!

Veronica Moser

Feb 22, 2008
("red letter")
Yes I understand they still go through Christ- However- They completely take the focus off the sacrifice for the sinner.
How does it take the focus off the sacrifice?
With the universal way of thinking- we can ignore Christ- therefore rejecting the Father- and still (eventually) enter paradise.
No, according to Christian Universalism, one is only saved through faith in Christ. A Christian Universalist agrees that to ignore Him is to remain in darkness.
Maybe you should ask the person who started this thread why they ignore the second death.
I don't know aquilas' position on the second death, but I've never encountered a Christian Universalist who ignores it. They simply understand it differently. Are they wrong? I believe so. But again, my main point here is that you are misrepresenting their views.
You wanna support twisting of scripture- fine.
How am I supporting the twisting of Scripture? You are losing credibility with me the more you write, I'm afraid.
I may be focusing more on the Unitarian side more than the Universalists. However this idea is still 100% unbiblical and a great twist of scripture. If you want to support it- go ahead.
I'm not supporting Universal Salvation. I'm simply pointing out that you are misrepresenting Universal Salvation and that, as such, you are attacking a strawman. You would do well to take my point and correct your misrepresentation. If you want to dismantle the heresy of Universal Salvation, then you need to attack it on its own grounds rather than knocking down strawmen.
Look a couple posts back by Aquila- after a little week of handslapping in hell- they get to join the party as well. Amazing!
That's not what he said. This is what he said:("aquilas")
Those who are not saved from punishment will be punished for an indefinate period of time and reconciled at some point in eternity.
If you want to refute this position, then by all means do so. The only thing you have done so far was to misrepresent his views. I'm disappointed. I'll tell you what, though. I'll debate Aquilas and show you how it's done.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
Youve done such a great job already:rolleyes:Please, take it away.I may learn something...seriously. No hard feelings, perhaps I took my own experience with a Universalist and made it a carbon copy of all of them. Maybe you do have more experience with refuting them.BTW...What I think is going on here: I actually work at a year-round camp where we get all kinds of different denominations/faith. The one group that I had personal experience with were actually Universal Unitarians...merged together. That may be why I kind of get the 2 mixed up.

jtartar

Mar 14, 2008
(Aquila;52965)
Praise the Lord everyone!I'm new here and please forgive me as I learn the rules. In a few threads around here I saw two different theological views being represented about Hell: Eternal Hell and Annihilationism. But there is a third view that is gaining some ground in Evangelical community. This view is known as Universal Reconciliationism or Universal Salvation. I thought that it might be interesting to discuss this view here also, especially in light of the ideas of Eternal Hell and Annihilationism. The Universal Salvation view holds that Hell is temporary and that all will eventually be saved. This view was believed by many during the first four centuries of the Church and was a view held by Origen. Down through Christian history this view was adopted in various forms by various theologians classified as "Christian Universalists". So here goes...Here are a few Scriptures this view is based upon...I Corinthians 15:22.For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. Romans 5:18. Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. John 12:32. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. Philippians 2: 10-11. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. I Timothy 2: 1-6.I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. Ephesians 1: 9-11. Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: Colossians 1: 16 and 20. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. Acts 3: 20 and 21 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. I John 2:2. And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. Romans 8: 20-21. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God Hebrews 7:25. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. Titus 2:11. For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, I Corinthians 4:5. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. Revelation 21: 4-5. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. Also consider Christ's own parabolic descriptions of Hell...Luke 12:42-4812:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 12:44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 12:45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.In the above parable Christ indicates that in eternity the unprepared and the unbelievers will be punished. However, their punishment varies in both intensity and duration. The “stripes” (or punishments) come to an end. Jesus also said…Matthew 18:23-3418:23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. 18:24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. 18:25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. 18:26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 18:27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. 18:28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. 18:29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 18:30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. 18:31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done. 18:32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: 18:33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.Here we see a man delivered to the tormentors “till” (or until) he has sufficiently paid for his wrong. Matthew 25:4125:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:Here we see that the lake of fire is to be the permanent abode of the devil and his angels. Then Jesus goes on to say…The Greek language also brings another possibility to the table. Jesus said, Matthew 25:46And these shall go away into everlasting (aionios) punishment (kolasis): but the righteous into life eternal.The term “aionios” doesn’t literally translate “everlasting” or “eternal”. The term “aionios” is based on the Greek root noun “aion” meaning “age” or “eon”. The term “aionios” is an adjective meaning “pertaining to the aion” or “age enduring”. The term is used for anything that doesn’t have a defined end or beginning. It could indeed be “eternal”…or it may also indicate a limited period of time whose duration is unknown. For example the hills and the mountains are referred to as being “everlasting” in Genesis 49:26 and Habakkuk 3:6. The Greek term used here is also “aionios”. These verses don’t mean that the mountains and hills are “eternal” but rather the time of their end or destruction is unknown. So here Jesus may be describing a period of time that whose duration is unknown or unrevealed. Also it’s important to note that the term “aionios” is an adjective that is to be understood in context of the noun it’s describing. For example if it speaks of God certainly the word is to be understood as “eternal” because God is eternal. However, if used in respect to mountains or hills it is to be understood as being “age enduring” or as “having an unknown end”. That brings us to the next point….It is the “punishment” that is described by the adjective “aionios”. The Greek term used here for “punishment” is “kolasis”. This is a very interesting Greek term that has puzzled Bible scholars for millennia. The term “kolasis” is based on the root word “kolazo” meaning to “prune”, “correct”, or “to make better”. So the Greek language here would allow the phrase “everlasting punishment” to mean an “age long pruning” or “an age long correction”, the length of the age, though being unspecified, may have an end. This view would be that the Gospel (or good news) is that Christ’s blood is sufficient and has redeemed the entire human race from eternal torment. Yet God will punish sin with severe, yet temporary, punishment or torment in Hell. Eventually all men will be reconciled to God leaving only the devil and his angels burning in the lake of fire. This presents a triumphant Gospel that succeeds in saving the entire human race. In this view Christ’s blood has sufficiently provided the atonement for all mankind’s salvation…yet those who chose to believe and obey Christ enter the Kingdom of God and escape the “everlasting punishment” or “age long correction” spoken of in Matthew 25:46. Please note, in this view, though all are saved, it is entirely through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. Christ is indeed the Savior of the World. What are some of your thoughts? God bless.
Acquila, Any time you want to know what the Bible says about something, you must consider all thing said and all things said must be in harmony. Sometimes you have several scriptures seeming at varience with each other. Here is where CONFLATION takes place. This means to put both scriptures and come up with one meaning, coming from both. The term Universalism, Apocatastasis, not in harmony with many other scriptures, and the concept cannot be reconciled. First, consider what Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount, the greatest sermon ever given, Matt chapters 5,6,7. At Matt 713,14, Jesus said that many go in through the wide gate that leads to destruction, but FEW go in through the narrow gate, leading to life. At Luke 13:23,24, a certain man asked Jesus if the ones being saved would be few? Jesus said to exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow gate, because many will seek to get in but will not be able. Certain ones mentioned in the scriptures have a destiny that cannot be changed, Matt 25:41, Rev 20:10. There is only one way a person can gain salvation, that is through a belief and hope in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ, as the Lamb of God, that takes away the sin of the world, John 1:29, Matt 20:20, Acts 4:12, Rom 3:23-25, Gal 2:16. Paul says that ONLY the Remnant of the Jews would be saved, not all, Rom 9:29, Paul did everything he could to save SOME of his kinsmen, Rom 11:14. The term used several times in the Bible about All being saved, does not mean that ALL WILL be saved, but means ALL who obey the commandments of God and Jesus, in this way all that are saved will be saved. Notice Rom 11:26, which says that in this manner all Israel will be saved. The manner was explained in preceeding scriptures about all, both Jews and people of the nations must be grafted onto the Garden Olive,Rom 11:17-24. This is the manner that they will be saved, ALL who follow the course prescribed.In 1John we are told about antichrists. No antichrist will be saved!! When the Bible gives prophecies they are CERTAIN to come true. In Revelation we are told about Armageddon, where the Kings of the earth and their armies are gathered together to wage war with Jesus, Rev 16:13,14,16, Rev 19:11-21. All these killed at Armageddon will be thrown into the Lake of Fire, The Second Death, Rev 20:14,15, 21:8. There is no resurrection for ones who fight against Jesus and his armies. These go into the SECOND DEATH!!!