US Food Prices To Double Soon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But really, this hearkens back to Israel in the desert when they were told to collect just enough for the day and they disobeyed because they worried He might not not send enough the following day.

That's an excellent point, sister. I think it's precisely what the entire Manna from heaven and 7th Day Sabbath commandment was intended to build within the Israelites: A trust in God's faithfulness, rather than in the power of the flesh.

I'm going to have to remember this parallel. As Paul taught, the things that happened to them in the wilderness were examples to us, that we keep our hope continually in God and not fall away into distrust, and then sin and rebellion.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is is already happening in Australia and now interest rates are about to go up again as well "to combat inflation". I don't understand how that works.

I meant to reply to this earlier, brother, but if I can, the way it works is that when they raise interest rates, people stop borrowing as much money, so investing goes down and brings inflation down with it, since there's increasingly less money in the market. It's the exact opposite of what the stimulus packages and near zero interest rates we've had for the last few years in the US have done, which Kudlow says is what created this problem to begin with.

When inflation is low and the economy is good you lower the interest rates for people to invest more so the economy can grow more. But when inflation starts rising you have to reverse the process by raising the rates to halt borrowing, only they waited too long and now many are saying it's too little, too late. When they raise interest rates now with no ability to pump stimulus into the system, there will be nothing left to prop up the economy from completely stalling out, so the whole thing starts caving into itself and the result is stagflation, which is where inflation remains high but growth descends into stagnation and leaves high inflation permanently in place, hence the term "stagflation."

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I meant to reply to this earlier, brother, but if I can, the way it works is that when they raise interest rates, people stop borrowing as much money, so investing goes down and brings inflation down with it, since there's increasingly less money in the market. It's the exact opposite of what the stimulus packages and near zero interest rates we've had for the last few years in the US have done, which Kudlow says is what created this problem to begin with.

When inflation is low and the economy is good you lower the interest rates for people to invest more so the economy can grow more. But when inflation starts rising you have to reverse the process by raising the rates to halt borrowing, only they waited too long and now many are saying it's too little, too late. When they raise interest rates now with no ability to pump stimulus into the system, there will be nothing left to prop up the economy from completely stalling out, so the whole thing starts caving into itself and the result is stagflation, which is where inflation remains high but growth descends into stagnation and leaves high inflation permanently in place, hence the term "stagflation."

Thanks for the explanation.
It makes sense but they are creating this inflation themselves in many ways like investing in green energy. For the person with a mortgage it makes it harder. I don't understand it all but it's all set up for the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer.

On another note... I just made a bean dish with pork and rice, the way my mum makes it...
Hmm it was beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration ;)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the explanation.
It makes sense but they are creating this inflation themselves in many ways like investing in green energy.

And electric cars. This is how we know they're deliberately sabotaging the economy in the US. They are literally touting it as the "answer" to our current energy crisis: We need to all be buying electric cars, and vwalla! The problem is solved, Lol. Never mind the fact that the average cost of an electric vehicle is $56,000.

It's not a "solution," it's a death sentence, and they are doing it deliberately.
On another note... I just made a bean dish with pork and rice, the way my mum makes it...
Hmm it was beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration ;)

You're welcome! LoL. I'm glad it turned out well. :cool:

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is deliberate. But why would you deliberately steal, dismantle and destroy? What is the goal, do you know?

Let me put it to you this way: In the game of Monopoly there are two different ways to win the game. The first is to amass more money than everyone else, but the second one is to wait it out for everyone else to go bankrupt. Then you simply inherit the entire board by default because everyone else went broke.

The latter is the plan the globalists decided on centuries ago. They own plenty, but the objective where the masses are concerned is to drive them so deeply into poverty and debt that the globalists end up owning everything due to the fact that everyone else ended up in abject poverty and in some cases starvation. They want it all - a world of masters and slaves - and that's what they decided long ago was the best way to bring it about.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s the closest to the answer. But are the globalists who we are fighting against? Our enemy is not flesh and blood, although flesh and blood are used by the enemy.

That's correct, but the enemy also has his servants in the earth. Certainly Christians should have their feet shod with the gospel of peace, and be prepared at all times to share it with those willing to hear. But there is never a shying away from identifying when someone has given themselves over into the use of the enemy (Matthew 12:34, Matthew 23:33).

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not totally against some prepping if you have a family to take care of. But really, this hearkens back to Israel in the desert when they were told to collect just enough for the day and they disobeyed because they worried He might not not send enough the following day. It was distrust of God. And we were also told to let the worries of the day be sufficient.
This time around the only place to stock up and store stuff is eternally in heavens ark of safety. The church is not even going to be here during the final harvest. The church is the first harvest at the Second Coming. The church is harvesting now and storing the harvest away in heaven's credit system.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace