Vatican UN Relations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The article is 4 years old, not much has changed. I hope to dispel some of those wacky Pope-power theories.

UN WANTS TO CONTROL CATHOLIC CHURCH

The United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child has just released a report on the way the Vatican has responded to the sexual abuse of minors by priests. The 15-page report contains not a single footnote, endnote, or any other mode of attribution. But it does provide plenty of evidence as to its real agenda.

The U.N. panel is using the sexual abuse of minors as a pretext for its true objective: it wants the Vatican to submit to its authority, and not just in instances involving international law—it wants the Catholic Church to change Canon Law and to adopt a secular sexual ethics. As such, it is one of the most ambitious power-grab efforts ever undertaken by a U.N. committee. The panel is also profoundly ignorant of the data.

On p. 3 of the report, the panel says the Holy See should “undertake the necessary steps to withdraw all its reservations and to ensure the [U.N.] Convention’s precedence over internallaws and regulations.” (Its emphasis.) It is quite explicit: “The Committee recommends that the Holy See undertake a comprehensive review of its normative framework, in particular Canon Law, with a view to ensuring its full compliance with the Convention.”

In other words, the teaching body of the Catholic Church, the Magisterium, i.e., the pope in communion with the bishops, should yield to the U.N. This would be the equivalent of asking the United States Congress to make sure its laws are in compliance with U.N. strictures. Hubris is too mild a word to describe this unmitigated arrogance.

On pp. 12-13, the panel says it wants the Catholic Church to change its teachings on abortion and contraception; it also says the Church needs to do more about HIV/AIDS.

It is painfully obvious that these panelists have not thought through this issue. To wit: if everyone followed the Church’s teachings on sexuality, we would not have this problem in the first place. To be exact, those who acquire HIV/AIDS typically do so because they live a reckless life, in sharp contradistinction to the Church’s plea for restraint.

The panel is so intent on policing the Church that it demands a Canon Law change in the use of the term “illegitimate children.” It also directs the Vatican to order Catholic schools to change its textbooks, getting rid of alleged “gender stereotypes.” Not only is this another example of its abuse of power, the panel provides not a single piece of evidence to buttress its claim. Someone should also tell these experts that the Vatican does not tell Catholic schools what textbooks, or curricula, it should adopt. But to control freaks, delegation is a difficult concept to grasp.

The panel lectures the Vatican on the need for “awareness programs,” urging “systematic training” for those who work with minors. Just who do they think started these initiatives? We’re not the ones who lack mandatory training programs—the guilty parties are found in other religious communities, and in the public schools. This explains why sexual abuse is not a problem in Catholic communities today the way it is elsewhere. The panel needs to get up to speed, assuming it has any real interest in this issue.

On p. 8, the panel instructs the Vatican to end corporal punishment, saying it must amend “both Canon Law and Vatican City State laws.” Ironically, the U.N. has now detailed how 10,000 Syrian children have been killed and tortured in the last three years.

Syrian kids are being raped and beaten “with metal cabals, whips and wooden and metal batons”; they are also being subjected to “electric shocks, including to the genitals.” Their fingernails and toenails are being ripped out of them, and they are being lacerated with cigarette burns. Most of these barbaric acts are being conducted by government agents, yet there is no demand that Syrian officials yield to the U.N. It is too busy wondering if Sister Mary Alice is taking a ruler to a miscreant student.

The one attempt at providing evidence is a colossal failure: on p. 7 it cites the Magdalene Laundries as an institution that forced girls “to work in slavery like conditions and were often subject to inhuman, cruel and degrading treatment as well as to physical and sexual abuse.” This is a bald-face lie: the McAleese Report, an investigation authorized by the Irish government, shows that none of this is true. To read my analysis, “Myths of the Magdalene Laundries,” see the “Special Reports” section on the Catholic League website. The panel’s report is libelous.

Finally, the report says the Church needs to end the practice of “baby boxes.” In many countries, there are drop boxes next to orphanages; they are placed there to entice girls who are pregnant out-of-wedlock, and who cannot care for their babies, to allow others to raise their child. It is a humane practice, one that is widely practiced in South Korea. What is not humane is to kill babies in utero, which is precisely what this U.N. panel recommends.

For sheer demagoguery, this report cannot be beaten. It is as malicious as it is inaccurate.

https://www.catholicleague.org/demagogic-u-n-report-vatican-2/

Reactions: amadeus and FHII

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... What is not humane is to kill babies in utero...
Question: What was the prevailing religion of the 'Justices' of the Supreme Court of the United States during the Roe V. Wade, and along that time since?

What about the historical past of the Papacy, of ripping up the wombs of the heretics and dashing the heads of children against stones, and throwing them over cliffs, and throwing them upon pikes, etc?

Question: According to Roman Catholic Canon Law, is an obstinate Heretic "innocent"? Then according to such law who has the "right to life" according to that law?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of Fox news is run by Catholics too, but I do not criticize the Catholic church for that monstrous fact

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Most of Fox news is run by Catholics too, but I do not criticize the Catholic church for that monstrous fact
Karl Marx is of Jewish descent, and killed 70 million people. But I do not criticize Judaism for that monstrous fact.

News Corp, Disney, Viacom, Time Warner, CBS and Comcast own 90% of the TV stations, radio stations, movies, magazines and newspapers that 277 million Americans rely on for news and entertainment.
https://www.truthorfiction.com/six-corporations-own-90-percent-of-news-media/

One point of this thread is to infer to the absurdity of a one world government led by the Pope. That conspiracy theory is going around like a flu virus, cults and some fundamentalists are more susceptible to this illness.

In the Book of Rebel-ations, 12:15-16, the flood waters symbolize propaganda, or, the media, because it comes from the dragons mouth. My private interpretation may not amount to a hill of beans, but I think it's better than some I've seen.

what we want you to think.jpg
A Franciscan and Jesuit were debating which order was the greatest. So, they decided to ask for a sign from God. This is what they received falling down from heaven:

My sons,
Please stop bickering about such trivial matters,
GOD, O.S.B.

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The United Nations Assault on the Catholic Church

A Report on the Vatican by the U.N. Committee on the Rights of the Child echoes one by Joseph Goebbels, Adolf Hitler’s Minister of Propaganda of the Third Reich.

United-Nations-Assault-on-the-Catholic-Church-s.png

"...Many people simply do not understand that such laws exist. I am in my twentieth year in prison because New Hampshire law has a clause (RSA 632a-6) under the category of sexual assault that requires no evidence or corroboration beyond the accusation itself for a conviction. Dorothy Rabinowitz describes the uphill climb faced by defendants when wrongful convictions leave behind zero evidence to reexamine:

“Resorting to the comfortable ‘we will never know’ remains the evasion of choice for authorities in terror of acknowledging the innocence of anyone accused of the charge.”

“The decision not to allow media access” to someone an American news agency believed to be falsely accused and wrongfully convicted should send a chill through the spine of anyone concerned for the state of justice in America, not to mention the state of the First Amendment, and of politics.

Claudia Rosett, is journalist-in-residence with the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, and heads its investigative reporting project. Clearly, she is not someone with a defensive pro-Catholic axe to grind. Her article began by exposing the charge levelled against the Holy See in a Report published Feb. 5, 2014, by the United Nations on the Rights of the Child:

“A Report on the Holy See – released by a U.N. Committee last week to much media fanfare – alleged that tens of thousands of children have been abused by Catholic Clerics and that the Vatican has helped cover it up.”

This charge by the U.N. Committee blindsided the Vatican which was given no real opportunity to offer a defense. It all sounds terribly familiar. The U.N. Report was published with no evidence whatsoever, and without a single reference, footnote, or attribution. It was described by Catholic League Bill Donohue as “one of the most ambitious power-grab efforts ever undertaken by a U.N. Committee.”

Under the guise of protecting children – a mantra historically rife with opportunities for triggering witch hunts of this magnitude – the U.N. panel called upon the Catholic Church to change Church law, to alter its moral teachings, “and to ensure the [U.N.] Convention’s precedents over [the Catholic Church’s] internal laws and regulations.” As Doctor Donohue explained in a Feb. 5, 2014, Catholic League press release, “Hubris is too mild a word to describe this unmitigated arrogance.”

While reading the U.N. Report, and the superb analysis of it by Claudia Rosett in the Wall Street Journal, I began to have such a powerful sense of déjà vu that I had to pause in my reading. I knew that I had seen all of this before, including some of the very same language of moral panic employed by the U.N. Committee. I knew I had once written about a very similar charge leveled against the Church, and so I began to scour my memory of past TSW titles.

And then I found it. In 2010 I wrote “Catholic Scandal and the Third Reich: The Rise and Fall of a Moral Panic.” Like me, you might now see in the U.N.’s Report of the Holy See a reverberating echo of this May 28, 1937, attempt to inflame the mob written and performed by Joseph Goebbels, Adolf Hitler’s Minister of Propaganda for the Third Reich:

“There are cases of sexual abuse that come to light every day against the Catholic clergy. Unfortunately it’s not a matter of individual cases, but a collective moral crisis that perhaps the cultural history of humanity has never before known with such a frightening and disconcerting dimension. Numerous priests and religious have confessed. There’s no doubt that the thousands of cases which have come to the attention of the justice system represent only a small fraction of the true total, given that many molesters have been covered and hidden by the hierarchy.”

I wrote of this story again, and mentioned the same speech by Joseph Goebbels, “The International Criminal Court Has Dismissed SNAP’s Last Gasp,” a July 2013 post on These Stone Walls. Don’t just read above words by Joseph Goebbels, but rather attempt to hear them in your mind. Hear the moral panic shouted out by a man bedecked in the uniform of the Third Reich, an accomplished orator, exploding such words before a fired-up mob, an enormous Swastika flowing in the breeze behind him conveying oppressive authority and power. Hear then in this way, and you will come close to what the United Nations just attempted to do to the Catholic Church – without evidence, without any gathering of truth, without context, and without justice.

After the Goebbel’s charge in 1937 Nazi Germany, hundreds of priests were rounded up and thrown in prison, in the end, after the fall of Hitler, only a tiny few were found to be actually guilty, and the moral panic orchestrated by Joseph Goebbels was widely condemned. As Adolf Hitler himself once wrote of the power of such rhetoric, “The great mass of people… will more easily fall victim to a big lie than to a small one” (Mein Kampf, Vol. I, ch. 10, 1925).

A prominent priest and canonist – who asked not to be named – sent me his take on that cost just as the U.N. Report was published:

“Close to four hundred have been laicized in the last two years, and one blogger reminds us that… close to three thousand have been laicized since 2002. Is this what we have come to? If so, it has little to do with assisting victims, with rule of law, with morality, or even with Christian charity. How many of those priests were forced into a dispensation from their priestly obligations? How many were dismissed ex officio without concrete proof or even evidence? How many elderly priests have been thrown into a nightmare of idleness without support, without friends, and without due process? And we brag about this? We brag because we want a hostile world and an impertinent U.N. Committee to like us?”

:mad:“The Catholic clergy is collaborating with the enemies of our country in a truly treasonable manner. I could burst with rage when I think that we cannot possibly call the guilty ones to account now. We shall save our vengeance until later. . . A number of Catholic and Protestant Goebbels-Propaganda-Against-Catholic-Priests.png ministers have been sentenced to death. They had offended the German armed forces in a most cowardly manner. I proposed to the Führer that the verdicts, together with the opinion of the court, be published.” ~
Joseph Goebbels, Reich Minister of Propaganda

That should look familiar.

Post is edited from the original article. Read the whole thing here.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Karl Marx is of Jewish descent, and killed 70 million people. But I do not criticize Judaism for that monstrous fact.

News Corp, Disney, Viacom, Time Warner, CBS and Comcast own 90% of the TV stations, radio stations, movies, magazines and newspapers that 277 million Americans rely on for news and entertainment.
https://www.truthorfiction.com/six-corporations-own-90-percent-of-news-media/

One point of this thread is to infer to the absurdity of a one world government led by the Pope. That conspiracy theory is going around like a flu virus, cults and some fundamentalists are more susceptible to this illness.

In the Book of Rebel-ations, 12:15-16, the flood waters symbolize propaganda, or, the media, because it comes from the dragons mouth. My private interpretation may not amount to a hill of beans, but I think it's better than some I've seen.

A Franciscan and Jesuit were debating which order was the greatest. So, they decided to ask for a sign from God. This is what they received falling down from heaven:

My sons,
Please stop bickering about such trivial matters,
GOD, O.S.B.
You say Karl Marx killed 70 million people.
Never met the man.
Who is he?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it was a bad decision to make Vaticn City a Unesco site... The UN may use this as a weapon to try and exert control there... Just saying...

Reactions: Helen

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

These-Stone-Walls-Fr-Gordon-J-MacRae.png

On September 23, 1994, Father Gordon MacRae, a priest of the Diocese of Manchester, NH, was confined to a prison cell to begin a sentence of sixty seven years in the New Hampshire State Prison. At this writing, he is 64 years old. The crimes for which he is imprisoned for life were alleged to have occurred when he was between 25 and 30 years old. Brought with no evidence or corroboration whatsoever, the claims were accompanied by monetary demands which his diocese settled for hundreds of thousands of dollars despite evidence of fraud.

http://thesestonewalls.com/about/

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How many can see the connection between this post and post #1, 7, 10; please raise your hand...no, wait...that's not a good idea.

Goebbels-Propaganda-Against-Catholic-Priests.png

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
THE WAR ON CARDINAL PELL
AUSTRALIA ECHOS NAZI GERMANY
LONG VERSION
THE WAR AGAINST CARDINAL PELL

CONDENSED VERSION
CAN CARDINAL PELL EVER GET A FAIR TRIAL?

Draw similarities with Joseph's Geobble's speech (Hitler's minister of proaganda) in post #7 with the travesty of justice of Cardinal Pell of Australia and Fr. Macrea's kangaroo court in the United States; post #10. I anxiously await your comments.

Last edited:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say Karl Marx killed 70 million people.
Never met the man.
Who is he?

Ask Scott....he probably met him right before he met Trump and asked if he colluded with Russia

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

On September 23, 1994, Father Gordon MacRae, a priest of the Diocese of Manchester, NH, was confined to a prison cell to begin a sentence of sixty seven years in the New Hampshire State Prison. At this writing, he is 64 years old. The crimes for which he is imprisoned for life were alleged to have occurred when he was between 25 and 30 years old. Brought with no evidence or corroboration whatsoever, the claims were accompanied by monetary demands which his diocese settled for hundreds of thousands of dollars despite evidence of fraud.

http://thesestonewalls.com/about/
FEIGNED OUTRAGE OVER SEXUAL ABUSE
Most Americans are truly outraged over the sexual abuse of minors, but there are many who feign anger. Take Mark Ruffalo, star of “Spotlight”: he held a protest outside a Cathedral—almost no one showed up—before the Oscars. Upon receiving his award, the movie’s screenwriter, Josh Singer, took the occasion to lecture Pope Francis. He’s a little late: most of the homosexual abuse in the Church took place between 1965 and 1985. If these people were sincere, they would focus on all abusers, not just priests. For example, the following recent cases elicited no protests.
  • In January, a Saint Paul, Minnesota man was sentenced to 270 days in jail for molesting two girls under the age of 15
  • In January, a Schenectady, New York man who had previously raped a disabled woman was sentenced to six months in jail for abusing two girls: one was 7 and the other was 9
  • In January, a rabbi from East Brunswick, New Jersey was convicted of indecent assault of a child under the age of 13; he was sentenced to 11-23 months
  • In February, a Phoenix man was placed on probation for sexually abusing a teenage girl
  • In February, a West Linn, Oregon man was sentenced to two months in jail for sexually molesting male students
  • In February, a Cheyenne, Wyoming man was given 5 years probation for having sex with a 14-year-old girl
  • In February, a Brooklyn rabbi was sentenced to 60 days in jail for groping four boys, forcing two of them to perform oral sex on him
  • [Only one New York newspaper, the Daily News, did a story]
Priests, of course, are treated differently. To wit: a Missouri priest who possessed child pornography, Fr. Shawn Ratigan, was sentenced to 50 years in prison, even though he never abused anyone. And Fr. Gordon MacRae was sentenced to 67 years for a crime that most independent observers agree he never committed. But there will be no “Spotlight” movie about MacRae’s ordeal. Bet on it.
https://www.catholicleague.org/feigned-outrage-over-sexual-abuse/

After the Goebbel’s charge in 1937 Nazi Germany, hundreds of priests were rounded up and thrown in prison, in the end, after the fall of Hitler, only a tiny few were found to be actually guilty, and the moral panic orchestrated by Joseph Goebbels was widely condemned. As Adolf Hitler himself once wrote of the power of such rhetoric, “The great mass of people… will more easily fall victim to a big lie than to a small one” (Mein Kampf, Vol. I, ch. 10, 1925).
Post #7 ^​

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Q: A Jehovah's Witness told me that Pope Pius XI signed document endorsing Nazi Germany and that he thus gave the Church's stamp of approval to Hitler and his group.

A: Pope Pius XI signed a concord with Germany to secure the rights of Christians in the country, because the Vatican recognized what a threat Hitler and his henchmen were to religious liberty. This was not an endorsement of the Nazi Party or its philosophy (it may be remembered that America also had treaties with Germany before the war broke out).

When Hitler went back on the deal and began abrogating the civil rights of Christians, the Vatican responded by issuing the only encyclical ever written in German (Mit Brennender Sorge or "With Burning Anxiety"), concerning the horrors of the National Socialist German state. This encyclical was smuggled into Germany (it would never have been allowed in, had the Nazis known it was coming) and read at all the parishes on the same day.

The Encyclopedia of Catholic History (by Matthew Bunson) notes: "the encyclical was a strong denunciation of Nazism, noting that the Nazis had broken several points of the concordat and were actively involved in anti-Catholic and anti-Christian programs, such as the removal of the OT [Old Testament] from schools and the promotion of the so-called German National Church. The encyclical was read from the pulpit of every German church on March 21, 1937".
http://www.cin.org/users/james/questions/q058.htm

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are up late...I thought you were in the East!
It is 1 AM here...I must try again to sleep. I got 15mins and then woke up again.

:(

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

Can you share this “fact” with the rest of us?? Where did you obtain this information?? I know Bill O’reilly is Catholic but he is not at FOX anymore.

Curious Mary

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

Can you share this “fact” with the rest of us?? Where did you obtain this information?? I know Bill O’reilly is Catholic but he is not at FOX anymore.

Curious Mary

As you may be aware there has been a lot of turn over at Fox news, due in part to allegations of sexually abusive behavior. Here is a link of employees and former employees who are Catholic

https://m.facebook.com/notes/wretch...in-the-religion-department/10151400693600056/

By the way, Google is your friend, Curious Mary