Very serious problems in one thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
Unity in Christians...

http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/17782-unity-in-christians/

I want to bring it to the attention of the staff here that there is a member in this thread who is making a very of wildly absurd remarks to other members of this site.

His second post in the thread he advocates for a new inquisition saying, "Such actions are the last line of defense when heresies arise."

That's not terrible in and of itself, but there are some very astonishing remarks that follow for the next two pages. Starting out subtle, "It is easy to tell who is knowledgeable with history and who isn't, and specifically going after the Church is a good sign that one isn't very much in tune with history" and then saying about remarks that were made, "That's just asinine."

Then it becomes more provocative, "You all are just fault finding, self-righteous masses of ignorance."

I couldn't quite feel the heat just yet but if you keep reading past this point, it would be accurate to say up till now you haven't seen anything yet.

"And don't tell me to 'try again' either, you blowhard moron. I'm seriously losing my patience with people like you who simply have no sense whatsoever, coming at the Church with this stupidity."

Now it's heating up. Might have been stomachable if they had regrouped, ended it here, and made a new commitment to forum tranquility, but from here it gets much much worse.

Then he launches a missile against me, "You bear false witness, and you have no shame in it, because other blowhards will come and put you on a pedestal for saying it..." Then, "A bunch of loudmouths is what you all are."

When Protestants get good numbers in attendance, "...they turn into big wads of pretentious loudmouths."

Another member is starting to get involved, one I can vouch for in saying that he loves controversy and disputes as he attacked me ruthlessly without cause, so he interjects, and our fine friend says, "That's because you all don't shut up," among other things. Next post, "You're really just being a dishonest, unrealistic mudslinger."

Then the most outrageous is yet to come, "I'm not even responding to that ill-educated, ridiculous tripe. From now
on I'm just going to conversate with people who value accountability and depth. That is the real fruit of Christian wisdom, not being a mornonic, fault finding blowhard religious nut."

Critics are deluded, "Reality is not the anti-Catholic's strong suit."

"Those such as yourself are pompous, ungrateful, self abiding, abysmally ignorant morons to thiink that God commands Christendom to let evil take over the Earth."

Pointing out how people like the Anabaptists were setting whole towns on fire, "consisted of everything from burning people at the stake to turning entire villages into burning stakes."

"Utterly ridiculous," and, "your beliefs are absurd and you propel a convenient lie."

"Unlike," peophttp://www.christianityboard.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=35le like you, "I...am not fatalistic and suicidal." [Your beliefs are] "asinine".

Then it turns to blasphemy:

"Why did Jesus tell Peter to bring a sword? Why does Paul explicitly state that the man who bears his sword against evil is a man of theLord, and doing the Lord's work?"

"Jesus told Peter to bring a sword, and only had him drop it because the violence was vain- they had been had. There is no other interpretation because Jesus would have never told him to bring a sword in the first
place if it wasn't."

According to this man, Jesus was taken because he had been had, he didn't have the power to resist, he was caught. At that moment he was defeated and then he turns around and lies to Pilate here (if what this man says is true):

"The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid; 9 And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer. 10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? 11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin."

It is very important someone with the staff sees this. As you can see this isn't anymore a simple disagreement but a verbally violent and abusive conversation that has continued for over 2 pages now. Maybe I'm going to be looked at differently in the future or perhaps even banned for posting this. That doesn't matter to me at this point. This is such an extremely hostile situation that I think you are doing a disservice to the members of this board to let it continue. This conversation has carried on for over five days.

Now I'm seeing this is taking place in other threads too. It has caused me such discomfort in reading this thread that I will say if you find something wrong with my post here and feel the need to ban me, go and do it. I don't feel I am doing anything inappropriate in posting but what I am trying to do is do what Christ would have me do. I think in this situation where there is such great fighting and personal attacks continuing day in and day out, I know what I have done is right before God to intervene to the authorities at this site to bring peace to this forum I want peace here. Some of you are really heavily called of God and I know how important it is for me and many of you to have a peaceful place to feel at rest and have pleasant conversation, even if not everyone agrees on every doctrine. I have even deliberately not included any names of this person or anyone in my post because I'm not calling anyone out. But what I am doing is bringing an extreme problem to the attention of those who can help correct the situation.

And let me make one last observation: Either you have the biggest most dedicated troll that I have ever personally witnessed or else you have the best Catholic on earth posting here.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
You won't get banned. The moderators probably won't even take notice. :lol:

Heck, I had one awhile back ready to kill me (and it was not over religion, but computers of all things) but I was never banned.

If these types bother you, then put them on your ignore list. Then when they are the only ones trying to answer you, you can make the statement, "Why is nobody answering my thread?" :lol:

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
I'd rather the person come to a realization that their behavior is indecent or otherwise someone do their job and click the ban button rather than ignore someone but overall I'd rather them change their behavior.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
IAmAWitness said:
I'd rather the person come to a realization that their behavior is indecent or otherwise someone do their job and click the ban button rather than ignore someone but overall I'd rather them change their behavior.
Change behavior? Some are as stubborn as a drunk going the wrong way on a one-way street. If you tell them it's a one way street, they'll argue they are going only one way! :D :lol:

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
It's not worth the fight. Just ignore it. I've copped a fare few things myself. My personal favourites are bigot and heretic. :D

Anyhow, real love that Jesus wants us to have can take alot of damage, so I don't think name-calling should be too much of an issue, seeing that sticks and stones may break my bones, but word cannot really hurt me. (but only if I let it.)

1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
tim_from_pa said:
You won't get banned. The moderators probably won't even take notice. :lol:

Heck, I had one awhile back ready to kill me (and it was not over religion, but computers of all things) but I was never banned.

If these types bother you, then put them on your ignore list. Then when they are the only ones trying to answer you, you can make the statement, "Why is nobody answering my thread?" :lol:
Achmed-The-Dead-Terrorist-achmed-the-dead-terrorist-8898428-276-276.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.