Very Simple And Very Elementary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
nothead said:
So then what commandments are the GREATEST ones? I mean like numero uno and numero dos? Nothead theoretically wants to know, just say.
Didn't Jesus already answer this question?

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
lforrest said:
Didn't Jesus already answer this question?
He might have. What is your opinion about it? And who pray tell teaches what Jesus taught -- in modern times?

And what excuse do we have when we do not? And what does Trinity have to do with the One True God?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
TheWordOfKnowledge said:
John, Chapter 14, 21: He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John, Chapter 14, 12: Verily, verily, I say unto you,
He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also;
and greater works than these shall he do;
because I go unto my Father.

I will take on all comers.

Let's debate!
Who was Jesus instructing in John 14 ??

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
nothead said:
He might have. What is your opinion about it? And who pray tell teaches what Jesus taught -- in modern times?

And what excuse do we have when we do not? And what does Trinity have to do with the One True God?
It is revealed in scripture, that people who love Jesus should obey his commandments. The most important commandment is to love God, and the second is to love neighbor, but there are other commandments Jesus has given. Jesus has revealed that acts of love towards your neighbor can be counted towards your Love for God. Love of God must come first though, especially when forced to choose between him and others.

He asks that we do the will of his father in heaven, which is to obey the commandments of Jesus for one, and the leading of the Holy Spirit. People have many excuses when they fail to do the will of God, lets allow Jesus to be the Judge.

What does the Holy Trinity have to do with this topic?

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
lforrest said:
It is revealed in scripture, that people who love Jesus should obey his commandments. The most important commandment is to love God, and the second is to love neighbor, but there are other commandments Jesus has given. Jesus has revealed that acts of love towards your neighbor can be counted towards your Love for God. Love of God must come first though, especially when forced to choose between him and others.

He asks that we do the will of his father in heaven, which is to obey the commandments of Jesus for one, and the leading of the Holy Spirit. People have many excuses when they fail to do the will of God, lets allow Jesus to be the Judge.

What does the Holy Trinity have to do with this topic?
Forest you missed the first premise of the First Command. Mark 12:

[SIZE=.75em]28 [/SIZE]And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
[SIZE=.75em]29 [/SIZE]And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
[SIZE=.75em]30 [/SIZE]And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
[SIZE=.75em]31 [/SIZE]And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

See it ain't no accident you missed it, Trinitarians have been ignoring Shema since they invented their own paradigm. A FEW here would not answer my post since they already knew where I was headed. But not you, sir you fell right into my Jesus trap. You know how he bamboozled them with the Truth?

So did I you. Now IF Jesus did not mean for you to BELIEVE God is numerically ONE, then why did he include this as the first Command of all?

And how sir, did you get THREE-in-One out of the Shema? Hint: you DID NOT, it came (the paradigm of Trinity) by IGNORING THE FIRST COMMAND OF YOUR FAITH sir.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
You were asking for commandments, not statutes. The difference is statutes include declarations, which is what Jesus was making there in the 29th verse.

Do you think the orthodox Christians believe there is more than one God, and ignore the commandment? We do not ignore the commandment, but take it at it's full meaning.

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
lforrest said:
You were asking for commandments, not statutes. The difference is statutes include declarations, which is what Jesus was making there in the 29th verse.

Do you think the orthodox Christians believe there is more than one God, and ignore the commandment? We do not ignore the commandment, but take it at it's full meaning.

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."
Wong again Meestah Wong. You wong alot, maybe you Chinese?

I got a million of 'em. My Chinese wife tells them to me.

Jesus called it a command when he listed it and the other command of Shema as the first command. Hint: The Word was originally FOR COMMAND when it started, even regarding the stories it told in Jewish history. God's communication to us STARTED as Command, not a bunch of sweet nothings, sir.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
nothead said:
Wong again Meestah Wong. You wong alot, maybe you Chinese?

I got a million of 'em. My Chinese wife tells them to me.

Jesus called it a command when he listed it and the other command of Shema as the first command. Hint: The Word was originally FOR COMMAND when it started, even regarding the stories it told in Jewish history. God's communication to us STARTED as Command, not a bunch of sweet nothings, sir.
Were your own meditations on the nature of God equally serious?

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
lforrest said:
Were your own meditations on the nature of God equally serious?
Two Wongs don't make a White. Originally said to his wife regarding the Caucasian mailman. But also applicable to our situation sir.

Just because I'm a smart-aleck don't mean I'm also not serious about religion. Nothead Wong and White at the same time. How is that? He can soften the jokes he tells you so you don't start shooting your pastors for one. This is to keep you out of jail sir. And your pastor alive.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
TheWordOfKnowledge said:
No, I am not wrong and I do not have to read anything,
Jesus and I talk to each other all day long. I am in constint direct contact
with Him at all times. The Holy Ghost dwells with in me.
Does he have a deep voice , or a soft voice ?

And what does he have to say lately ?

Lots of stuff going on in the world and billions of people would like to know

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
TheWordOfKnowledge said:
Matthew, Chapter 19, 30:
But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

me
Wong. He speaking of people, not commandments. A speck will never be a log, dear.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
nothead said:
Wong. He speaking of people, not commandments. A speck will never be a log, dear.
We cannot hear you no-head; as you are discredited by your heretical Trinity views!!!
Floyd.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
Can somebody interpret that for me
I think Arnie that is "mystic speak"; which many women in particular in the Pentecostal / Charismatic movement use to get attention!
Floyd.

Reactions: Wormwood

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Floyd said:
I think Arnie that is "mystic speak"; which many women in particular in the Pentecostal / Charismatic movement use to get attention!
Floyd.
Sounded cool to me. Kind of woodsey. Kind of old-timey. "I did not take them to raise."

"Who am I yer keeper?" That's how I would say it. See how she has grace and aplomb?

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
TheWordOfKnowledge said:
Thank you for pointing this out to me.
You have the faith to make a mountain out of a mole hill?

I am afraid anytime I answer a question for you, it will only lead you to another one.
Somewhere along the way you are going to have to find a place on the specrtum of knoledge and
start from there building on the foundation of truth.

If you must ask me a question. Ask one that will make you more wise than you were,
before I gave you the answer.
Ahh; a self appointed shaman!
Floyd

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Thank you for pointing this out to me.
You have the faith to make a mountain out of a mole hill?

I might have faith enough to get dinner. Why would I want to make a mountain from a mole hill?

Do you understand that an itty bitty law is not a biggy law? The biggest one of all: Shema. Know it, and grow it.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
TheWordOfKnowledge said:
My God, make all my adversaries as wise and Holy as this one. amen

If being disrespectful is the only way you can contend.
You will have to find someone that is more disrespectful than you to ever win.

I would have said this to Floyd but I know he would not comprehend it.
Now I know it.
Your a poet!

If we could have foreseen,
You could avoid my bad poetry.
But don't give me the third-degree,
Because this one is free.