Via or direct ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
should we pray via or direct say for better or quicker results and answers - why do some of our prayers end we ask this through your son Jesus Christ - btw why is it that non christian prayers are answered just as well or better and quicker than prayers by a Christian - winc

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
should we pray via or direct say for better or quicker results and answers - why do some of our prayers end we ask this through your son Jesus Christ - btw why is it that non christian prayers are answered just as well or better and quicker than prayers by a Christian - winc

strange - it seems no one knows - winc

Axehead

May 9, 2012
You are the one that made the statement, winc.

I think we are all waiting for you to tell us how you came by this knowledge.

Axehead

Eltanin

Aug 22, 2012
SEMO
Many people pray through Jesus because of John 14: 13&14...
Jesus instructs the disciples to pray in His name... and He tells them that whatever they ask He will do...

Yet the chapter also makes mention that the disciples will do great works, greater that Jesus performed...

I can't say with certainty why people who are not Christians are answered. I do have a theory...

Maybe, we ask in Jesus name when we are praying for others that we may show the glory of God...
But when we are praying for ourselves, maybe we are supposed to follow the example that Jesus set, and pray to the Father (The Lord's Prayer)...

Those who are not Christian may be answered because they are praying for themselves to God, and God answers them because they are seeking Him earnestly the best way they understand how to.

rand

Sep 10, 2012
Praying in Jesus' name is what we are told to do. When we are a Christian, we are in His name and everthing we pray is in His name--if we believe. I do, however, think many Christian take the Lord's name in vain. By this I mean we take His name but we don't do what He commands us to do.

Just a thought