via or direct ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
when you pray do you go via or direct - if so why ?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are always praying with others even if it is just one person with the Holy Spirit

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I spend a lot of time talking to Jesus and asking Him questions, something He enjoys immensely since He loves showing us who His (our) father is.

In All His Love.

stefen

Mar 3, 2013
Chennai, India
Are you asking for "why we are praying through Jesus Christ name? Not directly to God??" Is this is your question??

Hope you could find answers in Bible verses that, Jesus Christ is the way to reach God. He is the only way, truth and life.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

Arnie Manitoba said:
lets try this again ....

When I pray it is to The Father  via His Son Jesus

Sometimes I just pray to Jesus Christ

Because all things are entrusted to him anyway

why not just pray direct to the Father,like most other religions do,why go via - their prayers are also answered just as well or quick - of course RC's go even more often and more via - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

Angelina said:
I do, in Jesus name!  ;)
 that is not a bit like other religions - twinc

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
John 14
12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

John 16:23
“And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I began my prayers with Father in the name of Jesus.. Within my prayers I make appeals to God the Father and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. Most of my prayer is geared at God the Father in the name of Jesus, I seal or close my prayers in Jesus name. Amen

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

Angelina said:
John 14
12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

John 16:23
“And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.

Jesus advised us to go direct - guess where ? - twinc

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012

Jesus advised us to go direct - guess where ? - twinc
I am rather surprised at the diversity of answers...

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.