Virgin Mary Had Other Children After Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awe....LOL...announce your opinion then get angry because People you're bashing do not agree with your opinion. LOL

Typical juvenile behavior and response. LOL.
How could you possibly understand when you have the same defect as Joseph77 . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For Catholics, "we see" a statue or an image or even a church building as a VENUE to pray -
A Statue in the "supposed image of Jesus" made of men's hands (having NO Image of Jesus to simulate)...is a call to Remind Forgetful Catholics to Pray?

LOL.

Your ignorance is astounding . . .

Statutes, were Never taught to be Reminders to Pray!

Statutes, of The Lord God were Never Taught to be Made and as a matter of FACT, expressly Forbidden!

True Prayers are from the Hearts and spirit of men...between the Individual and the Lord God...
NOT some hokey public display on a time schedule authorized by men, repeating over and over what men "tell" them to say!

The Lord God is NOT represented by some hokey statue of mortar revealed out of the minds of men.

Good grief...did you completely miss the utter disappointment of God when men made an image of a golden calf ?

Did you completely miss the message of prayer between a man and God being in a closet, quiet, undisturbed?

If you require mortar images, or buildings built by men, or a string of beads...
to Remind you to pray a repetitive prayer... (AS IF God is the one who is Deaf)...you should learn the truth and think again about WHO the fool calls ignorant!

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point.
Specific often forgotten: >>> .... thinking THAT IS HOW they will be saved.
Realize that ALL the Apostles (oops JESUS FIRST) is Jewish.
Most all the first disciples were Jewish also.
And all or most of the first gentiles joined with the Jews , if they wanted to be with God. (both before, and after Jesus, specifically in the first century for this context(this thread, here).

They TRUSTED , and TRUST JESUS, as gentiles or as Jews, TRUSTING JESUS is KEY (for receiving Salvation).

So a gentile usually did, and still can, become JEWISH, if he desires to, and be IN JESUS! completely SAVED IN JESUS!

Even a catholic can be saved IN JESUS, if they come to JESUS* (by God's unmerited favor) ! (i.e. not just generic gentiles)
*"But when it pleased God: Paul did not come to Jesus because any man decided that he should. It wasn’t at the pleasure of any man, but when it pleased God. Additionally, God did not choose Paul because there was something in Paul that pleased him; God called Paul through His grace, God’s unmerited favor."

(Even a devout Jew, once opposed to JESUS, got saved !!!!!) >>>>>>>
"Paul proves that his message did not come from man.

For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it. And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days. But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord’s brother. (Now concerning the things which I write to you, indeed, before God, I do not lie.) Afterward I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. And I was unknown by face to the churches of Judea which were in Christ. But they were hearing only, “He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy.” And they glorified God in me."
Study Guide for Galatians 1 by David Guzik

============================
==================================

"At the Jerusalem Council in Acts 15, a group of Judaizers opposed Paul and Barnabas. Some men who belonged to the party of the Pharisees insisted that Gentiles could not be saved unless they were first circumcised and obeyed the Law of Moses. Paul made the case that, in Christ, there was no longer any distinction between Jew and Gentile, for God had purified the hearts of the Gentiles by faith (Acts 15:8–9). He said it plainly in Galatians 2:16: “A man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.”

Who were the Judaizers? | GotQuestions.org

Yes.

The meaning of Judizer...is beliving IF a person Converts to The Jewish Religion...They will be saved!

Paul was teaching Jews AND Gentile's to be Converted...IN Christ...(to BE Saved)...not teaching a Conversion IN a Religion...

Glory to God,
Taken

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(1) God
(2) Jesus
(3) Apostle John
(4) Apostle Peter
(5) Apostle Paul...
and all the others with these who are divinely appointed "genuine" teachers who reject anti-christ and demonic doctrines always.

(nnn) Martin Luther
(nnn+1) Charles Chiniquoy
(nnn+2) Keith Green ...

Martin Luther would have had most of us put to death...

"That seditious articles of doctrine should be punished by the sword needed no further proof. For the rest, the Anabaptists hold tenets relating to infant baptism, original sin, and inspiration, which have no connection with the Word of God, and are indeed opposed to it. ... Secular authorities are also bound to restrain and punish avowedly false doctrine ... For think what disaster would ensue if children were not baptized? ... Besides this the Anabaptists separate themselves from the churches ... and they set up a ministry and congregation of their own, which is also contrary to the command of God. From all this it becomes clear that the secular authorities are bound ... to inflict corporal punishment on the offenders ... Also when it is a case of only upholding some spiritual tenet, such as infant baptism, original sin, and unnecessary separation, then ... we conclude that ... the stubborn sectaries must be put to death." -Martin Luther

"My advice, as I said earlier, is: First, that their synagogues be burned down, and that all who are able toss sulphur and pitch; it would be good if someone could also throw in some hellfire...Second, that all their books-- their prayer books, their Talmudic writings, also the entire Bible-- be taken from them, not leaving them one leaf, and that these be preserved for those who may be converted...Third, that they be forbidden on pain of death to praise God, to give thanks, to pray, and to teach publicly among us and in our country...Fourth, that they be forbidden to utter the name of God within our hearing. For we cannot with a good conscience listen to this or tolerate it. The rulers must act like a good physician who, when gangrene has set in proceeds without mercy to cut, saw, and burn flesh, veins, bone, and marrow. Such a procedure must also be followed in this instance. Burn down their synagogues, forbid all that I enumerated earlier, force them to work, and deal harshly with them. If this does not help we must drive them out like mad dogs." - Martin Luther from the book "On the Jews and their Lies"

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I defend Christians from people like you.
You have continually defended christendom, false Christians,
from Jesus and from His people like me.

If they (the ones you claim to defend, while leading them to destruction) seek the truth, they may be saved, and they may then turn and try to save you , if God permits.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The meaning of Judizer...is beliving IF a person Converts to The Jewish Religion...They will be saved!
Some gentiles converted to Judaism, and after that , were saved.
In TORAH, in the Old Testament, if a gentile wanted to be saved, to serve God,
the only way they had at that time was to do so with the Jews. (Jews who were faithful to God, not those who opposed Him)

This can still happen today.

Not because of Judaism,

but God's Plan.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again....I am not Catholic
Do you expose their false gospel,
or still believe it ?

Realize one of your repeated statements: The Bible is good for the first century/ 65 years/ something like that.....

is a lie from the devil. Supported by the false religion from rome.

i.e. when someone taught you that, when you then believed it, they got you. Hook, line and sinker (sunk).

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So ?
The Roman church slaughtered millions, even of their own people.

So.... Well... It was wrong! Violence between Christian groups should have never happened! I consider myself for the most part Wesleyan. Today's ministers are very much materialistic. What you call false Christians is everywhere and in every denomination. If I wanted to find fault I could find much in my own denomination, I would not need to look over my shoulder to Catholics, Calvinists, Lutherans, or whatever.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So.... Well... It was wrong! Violence between Christian groups should have never happened!
Good. Recognizing that something is wrong, is sometimes the first step God uses in people, to get them to start seeking truth.

Next step: realize like Martin Luther, Charles Chiniquoy, Keith Green, David Wilderson, and hundreds of other true Biblical teachers, that the roman group is anti-christian, even though it makes up 2 billion some of christendom (so-called in the world, lost ones according to Scripture)....

God does not authorize His followers to violence against them, no. His people were the martyrs killed by them in Foxes Book of Martyrs, and His people might flee from them, but did not seek to kill them.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good. Recognizing that something is wrong, is sometimes the first step God uses in people, to get them to start seeking truth.

Next step: realize like Martin Luther, Charles Chiniquoy, Keith Green, David Wilderson, and hundreds of other true Biblical teachers, that the roman group is anti-christian, even though it makes up 2 billion some of christendom (so-called in the world, lost ones according to Scripture)....

God does not authorize His followers to violence against them, no. His people were the martyrs killed by them in Foxes Book of Martyrs, and His people might flee from them, but did not seek to kill them.

This is why I'm against theocracy and monolithism. My denomination is Pentecostal Holiness and at one time was a very good denomination. Send the ministers to the Seminary and they more than likely will come out with an ego. I find myself reminding folk all the time that the unction of God and the ego of man are two different things!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Statue in the "supposed image of Jesus" made of men's hands (having NO Image of Jesus to simulate)...is a call to Remind Forgetful Catholics to Pray?

LOL.

Statutes, were Never taught to be Reminders to Pray!

Statutes, of The Lord God were Never Taught to be Made and as a matter of FACT, expressly Forbidden!

True Prayers are from the Hearts and spirit of men...between the Individual and the Lord God...
NOT some hokey public display on a time schedule authorized by men, repeating over and over what men "tell" them to say!

The Lord God is NOT represented by some hokey statue of mortar revealed out of the minds of men.

Good grief...did you completely miss the utter disappointment of God when men made an image of a golden calf ?

Did you completely miss the message of prayer between a man and God being in a closet, quiet, undisturbed?

If you require mortar images, or buildings built by men, or a string of beads...
to Remind you to pray a repetitive prayer... (AS IF God is the one who is Deaf)...you should learn the truth and think again about WHO the fool calls ignorant!

Glory to God,
Taken
More of your patented Scriptural ignorance.
time for another Bible lesson . . .

God was NEVER against the creation of images - only against the WORSHIP of them as gods (idols) (Exod. 20:4-6).
He commanded Moses to create 2 Golden cherubim to place atop the Ark - which people prostrated themselves before it (Josh. 7:6).

He also commanded Moses to create a Bronze Serpent and place it on a pole so that the Israelites who gazed upon it would be healed (Num. 21:8-9). ONLY when they began to worship it later as a god, did He command that it be destroyed.

As for your nonsense about repetitious prayer - it is 100% Biblical.
Read the following and learn . . .

- In Matt. 26:44, Christ prayed the exact same prayer - THREE times in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Last Supper.

- In the
Parable of the Determined Widow in Luke 18:7, Jesus emphatically states that God hears those who keep petitioning him in sincere faith: “Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer them? I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily.”

- In
Luke 18:13, the tax collector kept beating his breast and praying, “God be merciful to me, a sinner.” This was pleasing to God.

- We see in
Rev. 4:8 that the angels pray the exact same prayer - day and night without ceasing in the presence of almighty God, “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.”

- Psalm 136 goes on for 26 verses in a row, repeating the exact same prayer, “God's love endures forever”.

- In
Dan. 3:56-88 we read the exact same prayer for 32 verses, which is “bless the Lord; praise and exalt him above all forever.”

So much for YOUR disapproval of repetitious prayer . . .

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would trace my spiritual lineage...

1. Lutheran - I believe the Protestant Reformation was a good thing
2. Baptist - I enjoyed quality youth conferences growing up
3. Freewill Baptist - The footwashing service, I hated the thoughts of going, but was was glad I did!
4. Methodist - Good people
5. Methodist-Holiness - Good revival
6. Pentecostal Holiness - Our old pastor had many good revivals and the people were good
7. Charismatic - The Word of Faith people I met were all encouraging

The problem...

Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. - Revelation 3:11-12

The problem is that the churches I would attend are in and out of revival. And once the revival ceases they become incredibly arrogant and on the path of what would created problems for the Catholic church. Again, I find myself reminding folk all the time that the unction of God and the ego of man are two different things!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you expose their false gospel,
or still believe it ?

Realize one of your repeated statements: The Bible is good for the first century/ 65 years/ something like that.....

is a lie from the devil. Supported by the false religion from rome.

i.e. when someone taught you that, when you then believed it, they got you. Hook, line and sinker (sunk).
That is an estimation of when the Apostle Paul died....Revelation written...give or take a few years.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that the churches I would attend are in and out of revival. And once the revival ceases they become incredibly arrogant and on the path of what would created problems for the Catholic church.
There is no help for the Catholic Church - everyone called and chosen by God realizes this.
Only a few on earth are born again, set apart by God, as He Says, for His Own Testimony, His Own Purpose.
So much moreso for those in the abomination. When/if / they get saved, they "come out MY PEOPLE" - they cannot remain in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.