Virgin Mary or Deceit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Pariah;24042)
Hi kriss,Hope it is okay for me to share this opening post in another forum. I think it is needed there as an eye-opener. I did state that it was from another poster from another forum, and left it anonymous so as to not make that forum think I was advertising another forum. Anyway, hope that is okay.Of course, no matter how good a post is or as an eye-opener, the Lord has to deliver them.
Been traveling Pariah But yes feel free to use what you need and may the lord open their eyes

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Letsgofishing;24236)
Since you people obviously don't like catholics. you need a catholic in this coverstion, which happens to be me.
smile.gif

We do not hate Catholics We hate false teachings of men if you have them in your choice of religions thats your choosing not ours but we will not allow the false teachings to go unchallenged should we run across them. you are free to debate the posts but not the attack the person posting that goes both waysMay your eyes be opened to Gods truth

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Ok first off ide like to apologize.I was joking when I said "obviously you don't like catholics"I didn't mean to apply prejudice.second off, thanks for finding the meaning of grace in greek, The catholic church is probably getting thier belief from favored.Third off, I wasn't trying to convert you to catholic belief, I just find that the protestant belief in catholocism is sometimes way off. It is a very popular belief that the catholic church treats mary as a god. Which I assure you we do not. We do put as the highest of all human beings, but we do not consider her a God. the second reason i posted this post is that God has called me to be a catholic priest. And hes called me to try and make the churches one. To do that I have to make sure that the catholic belief is right if I am to make any sort of effort to make the christian church one as it should be.I am going to do this by research and most obviously debating. and you guys know what your talking about.and forth I want to say that you have my greatest repect for standing up for what you believie in, and having the guts to try and prove it. we are missing people like you in christianity todayyour brother in christRyan Fitz

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I admire you goals however I have my doubt it is possible there is to much false doctrine out there on both sides. Catholics tend to think what protestants say are just baloney and the other way around with the Protestants. We are neither for or against either side But are for the Word of God only. unfortunately that means we are at odds with many religions. So many years of false doctrines misinterpretations, lies of men and people do not take kindly to being told there are errors in their religion thats why we try to stick to Gods word. It has no denomination it is for all. You say Catholics do not worship Mary and perhaps you and many dont But just as many in your religion do. How many catholic churches do you know without statues of Mary? people pray to her light candles for her ect. What do you call this if not worship. If you witnessed a person Praying to a statue of the Egyptian god Ra what would you call it?Anyone who prays to anyone or anything but God/Christ is in idol worship whether it is Mary or Buddha.I also have a problem with confession NO ONE can ask for or grant forgiveness of sins or decide the plenalty for sin Only through Jesus Christ is repentance possable and the penalty for that sin is Gods decision not mans . No priest, No pope can do this the practice of confession is man trying to put himself between God and his children.I say this to show you why I think the differences could never be resolved we could debate these things forever But just assume for a moment you came to agree with me on Mary and confession not being in Gods word they are such a base part of Catholism you could never get them out.You would end up having to chose to leave your religion as it would never change.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
"for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you."Jesus Christ Mathew 17:20If I can move mountains with the faith in Jesus I can change false doctrine and unite the churches. It is a possibility. I know that to us humans it seems impossible but To God it isn't.Now God has told me to go into the catholic church and become a catholic priest DESPITE MY DBOUT. this either means that the catholic church is right in there beliefs ( and they are are wrong on some) or that he wants me to try and change false doctrine. Now you say many people in the catholic church worship Mary. I can say in 100% certainty that there is NO ONE in our parish who would consciesly put mary before Jesus. Do we cross the line sometimes when we pray to Mary, I believe so. I can remember an occurence when my grandmother fell into a stroke a couple months ago and I started praying a rosary for her each night. I would say a part of a rosary, read a setion of the bible and repeat. Now half way through one rosary God lead me to the passage " do not worship this queen of hevean" and it stopped me cold. I realized that I was asking Mary to heal my grandma when the only power that belongs to was God. Did I put Mary before God purposely no but I did put it in front of God unknowingly. My grandma did make it out and I have thanked God for healing her and mary for being there with her ever since. but putting mary before God unknowingly is something I think happens to many catholics, and where the belief of mary becomes dangerous. The belief is dangerous as both a lie and a truth. I will put up another thread explaining my beliefs about the future of the catholic churchConfession is a mystery to me I know by personal experience that it is a vailid way of repenting and having your sins forgiven. BUT THERE IS NO WAY that it is the only way to repent and have forgiveness of your sins. I look to stress this along with being catious with Mary when I become a priest ( in eleven long years) The priest is a stand in for Jesus, according to the catholic belief, It is not the priest but god speaking through the priest But back to my goal." when two or three people gather in my name in prayer it shall be granted" I ask you to pray for the reunion of the churches. So that christs church shall be one, as he wants it to be.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I will pray for that letsgofishingas time grows short and I truly believe the majority of Catholics and protestants are good Christians and want to follow Gods Word. They just are not sure what the truth is so they hang on to traditions of men. I will be happy to what I can. Whether it just be pray or talking about what I see wrong in the church's so that we can get to the truth. I may be wrong on my view of some of your church doctrines but I do know Gods Word pretty well. You are right God can do the impossible.Im glad your grandmother is better but I must wonder how many other Catholics would have been as wise to realize what they were doing in praying to Mary not God