Virgy - hi, everybody

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LadyVirgy

May 11, 2024
Soroca
Faith
Christian
Country
Moldova, Republic Of
Hi, everybody, I'm Virgy and I'm new here. I'm almost 17 years old (my birthday is in July) and I dedicate my time serving God and my husband. I'm an Eastern Orthodox Christian from Moldova (the country). Nice to meet you all! ♡

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Less common than it used to be in the past, but still fairly common, especially in the not so big cities and religious community. You need parental and juridiciary approval to marry at 16.
We don't have many Orthodox here and we welcome your tradition. A lively bunch. I hope you are not scared off with our exuberance and passion. Lots of differing opinions here. Many are at different points in their spiritual journey. Many rail against the orthodoxy and many support it.

I look forward to getting to know you and learn about you and your country.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, everybody, I'm Virgy and I'm new here. I'm almost 17 years old (my birthday is in July) and I dedicate my time serving God and my husband. I'm an Eastern Orthodox Christian from Moldova (the country). Nice to meet you all! ♡
Hey Virgy, welcome to the forum, tell us a little bit about yourself, that’s if you feel comfortable doing that.

I do hope you enjoy your time here, fellowshipping with us all.plus learning about the Lord, God Bless on your spiritual journey with Him.xx

LadyVirgy

May 11, 2024
Soroca
Faith
Christian
Country
Moldova, Republic Of
Hey Virgy, welcome to the forum, tell us a little bit about yourself, that’s if you feel comfortable doing that.

I do hope you enjoy your time here, fellowshipping with us all.plus learning about the Lord, God Bless on your spiritual journey with Him.xx
Sure. I'm a housewife. I love reading, going to Church, praying, cooking, baking, knitting, working in the garden, drawing, music, movies... I fast every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (besides the big fasts of the year such as the Great Lent and Nativity Fast). I got married last year; my husband is a businessman involved in farming and construction. We have a British Shorthair cat, and are planning on having kids very soon. Virgy is actually the English name my husband gave me. :)

LadyVirgy

May 11, 2024
Soroca
Faith
Christian
Country
Moldova, Republic Of
We don't have many Orthodox here and we welcome your tradition. A lively bunch. I hope you are not scared off with our exuberance and passion. Lots of differing opinions here. Many are at different points in their spiritual journey. Many rail against the orthodoxy and many support it.

I look forward to getting to know you and learn about you and your country.
Thanks. The only non-Orthodoxs I've met are Baptists and Evangelists - they're a minority here in Moldova. I'm not sure those are their exact names in English though since here they're known under the umbrella term of pocăiți, which translates to penitents I guess. I also know we have some Jehovah's Witnesses in the country, though I've never personally met any. The vast majority are Orthodoxs.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@LadyVirgy Welcome to the forum I hope to see you around.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you! I can't promise I'll be super active since I have a daily screentime limit, but I'll read around (and post) whenever I can. :)
Best thing to do then is go straight to 'new posts' and only read the ones that have just a few answers. That's what I do anyway.