Wants vs Needs: How do you decide whether to purchase something on your want list?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are some guidelines you use when deciding to buy something you don't really need?

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will i have enough if an emergency arises.
But usually with me, after bills and responsibilities are taken care of,whats left is mine. You work your butt off for that money,so treat yourself.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the question I will ask myself for my wants is, "Will I value this a few days from now?"

Reactions: Nhisname

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are some guidelines you use when deciding to buy something you don't really need?

If I don't really need it, I don't buy it. :)

Unless something is really necessary, "things" just become burdens as you age. Maybe it's different if you have children to leave some things to. But sometimes even your children don't want the stuff! :D

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I don't really need it, I don't buy it. :)

Unless something is really necessary, "things" just become burdens as you age. Maybe it's different if you have children to leave some things to. But sometimes even your children don't want the stuff! :D
I think too much stuff definitely is not worth having. I wouldn't want my junk to vecome anyone else's problem.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think too much stuff definitely is not worth having. I wouldn't want my junk to vecome anyone else's problem.

I was never a buyer. But my mom tended to buy stuff. I would always ask "do we really need it?"
Finally I gave up asking. It's funny because then she stopped buying so much.

I have given a lot of stuff away to thrift stores throughout the years. And some items to people I like.
But if I ever have to move, it's still some stuff to deal with.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was never a buyer. But my mom tended to buy stuff. I would always ask "do we really need it?"
Finally I gave up asking. It's funny because then she stopped buying so much.

I have given a lot of stuff away to thrift stores throughout the years. And some items to people I like.
But if I ever have to move, it's still some stuff to deal with.
There is a recent trend called minimalism that really inspired me to donate a lot of my stuff and not buy as many things.

I like the idea of only having things that you use or love.

Reactions: Debp