Was Adam, Eve and Creation "Perfect" or "Very Good"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does Mark 10:27 mean?
It means we're not to treasure earthly things more than God.
Man treasures his riches,,,but God can make him desire the love of God and man more.

I agree with Mark 10:27...I'm not sure we understand it the same way.
I'd get some commentaries but it's so late here.

The disciples even began to say all that they had left behind for Jesus...
only with God is this possible.

I do believe we get better and better, but I don't believe we ever STOP sinning.
This is not meant as an encouragement to sin...we are called to be perfect....holy and mature. Mathew 5:48
You can read commentaries from probably several view points, but I simply consider whether or not Adam and Eve were perfectly sinless before they disobeyed God? One thing they did not have was Life that would never end. They were shut out of the garden and access to the Tree of Life, but they could attain to that. We have because of the Jesus and the Holy Spirit the opportunity to attain the good things Adam and Eve plus what they did not have... access to that other tree, the Tree of Life. You can deny and say it is impossible, but then when you do that, is it not you who are limiting God by your own lack of belief in His unlimited power?

If you don't believe you can stop sinning before natural death, why not ask of Him?

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matt 7:7

Surely you would not call this asking "amiss", would you?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I believe they were to look at the Garden and then decide how to keep things running harmoniously. Tilling the ground? I don't know about that. I have the impression that plants would obey them without tilling the ground. Adam is told after the fall that he will have to work at things and sweat at it. We are informed then in Genesis 3:23 that Adam tilled the land from which he had been taken.

"Adam is told after the fall that he will have to work "
Ah, yes...correct. My bad :oops: