Was air created?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God breathe to live or not?

Are you asking if God breathes air?? God is spirit (John 4:24). Spirits don't need to breathe air. The exception to this would be Jesus as God Incarnate. I believe that He breathed air because He had a physical body.

janc3

Sep 5, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Are you asking if God breathes air?? God is spirit (John 4:24). Spirits don't need to breathe air. The exception to this would be Jesus as God Incarnate. I believe that He breathed air because He had a physical body.
Right now I'm not talking about air, but about breath. My question is, does God breathe to live, yes or no?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right now I'm not talking about air, but about breath. My question is, does God breathe to live, yes or no?
Then your question is not legitimate. You asked if God created air and then asked if God breathes to live. You obviously have an answer in mind. Why don't you just tell us your answer?

janc3

Sep 5, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Then your question is not legitimate. You asked if God created air and then asked if God breathes to live. You obviously have an answer in mind. Why don't you just tell us your answer?
Just answer the question with yes or no, what are you afraid of, warrior?
Does he breathe to live or not?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Air is air, and the Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit, they are not the same, these are metaphors or analogies. God uses them similar to parables. The old testament and the new testament is full of them. I don't really get into Biblical literalism since I study physics.

Anyways, Revelation says this about the two witnesses, Revelation 11:9-11

9 For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. 10 The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth. 11 But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them.

Now these two witnesses were dead for 3.5 days, they had began to rot, and needed more than just physical air to be brought back to life. Clearly their cells were decaying and needed healing from God, but all that Revelation says is breath of life. So "breath of life" means more than a literal interpretation.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to breathe means to inhale and exhale. You understand know? If yes, does he breathe, yes or no?

Janc3, this is a Christian Theology forum, I'm wondering what theology you are referring to about God breathing, Jesus clearly breathed, but as far as God the Father, the bible clearly indicates that he can breath.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does he need to breathe to live or does he not need to breathe? In other words, can he live without breathing or would he be dead?

Jesus cannot die anymore, that's what the bible says: Revelation 1:18 "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

I can't speak for God on how he keeps himself alive, but I'm pretty sure he "can" breath air.

Also I should probably correct my last statement, all I know is that Jesus can breath, but I wouldn't put limits on God the Father either.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does he need to breathe to live or does he not need to breathe? In other words, can he live without breathing or would he be dead?

If I were to outright answer your question, I would say he does not need to breath to live.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where does air come from according to the Bible?
Air would have been present at the very beginning of time. While it is not specifically mentioned, when plant life was created on the third day, air was present to sustain it.

janc3

Sep 5, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Air would have been present at the very beginning of time. While it is not specifically mentioned, when plant life was created on the third day, air was present to sustain it.
It was already present before the first day, for Genesis 1:3 says: "And God said"
One cannot speak without breath, it is impossible. A being needs breath to live and to speak.
How is a sound created? What happens in the air when you speak?

Through the word of YHWH the heavens were created, through the BREATH OF HIS MOUTH, for he SPOKE and it was. (psalm 33,6-9)

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was already present before the first day, for Genesis 1:3 says: "And God said"
One cannot speak without breath, it is impossible. A being needs breath to live and to speak.
How is a sound created? What happens in the air when you speak?

Through the word of YHWH the heavens were created, through the BREATH OF HIS MOUTH, for he SPOKE and it was. (psalm 33,6-9)

Your thinking in human terms, your god is human. The Christian God, the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob is beyond humans and human understanding. Like has been said this is a Christian forum you may be in the wrong place as you seem not to be a Christian. God is above all.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does air come from according to the Bible? Was it air that YHWH breathed into Adam's nose? If so, how can air be created when it is a part of YHWH?
There was obviously air before Adam was created. God gave him a soul. No need to assume God breathes oxygen.

Reactions: historyb

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Where does air come from according to the Bible? Was it air that YHWH breathed into Adam's nose? If so, how can air be created when it is a part of YHWH?
Great question :)

Genesis 1: 11 tells us that God made grass on the third day. [and other plants] Grass needs carbon dioxide from the air as part of the process of photosynthesis which help produce the oxygen we breathe.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The messiah breathed into the apostles and said: Get the holy spirit. What does that mean? Is the holy spirit in the air?

Can information be transmitted through air?
The bible tells us that the Holy Spirit moved over the surface of the waters in the beginning. Genesis 1:2 :)