Was Paul a false prophet?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is the kind of Topic that could never be elaborated and presented before God's people. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

All false prophet is of Devil, works for Satan and his kingdom. Who elaborated this Tópic in discussion is accusing Paul as being an instrument of the Devil. What will be the reward of iniquity?

But what does JESUS said about Paul, the Apostle? The Lord said that Paul was/is a CHOSEN VESSEL unto Him, to bear His name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel, and He will show to Paul how great things he must suffer for His name's sake.

Paul said: 1 Corinthians 3:v.10-17
10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder,
I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the Day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

And more: 2 Corinthians 5:v.10
10 For we must all appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
In the Day when God shall Judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel-Romans 2:v.16.

Be careful or get ready
This whole anti-Paul fraud needs to be brought into the light everywhere and exposed for what it is...horse dooey!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is a belief spreading within the Church that Paul was a false prophet.

I have never heard about this before.
Who is spreading this within the church?
Surely must be satan, the liar, the thief.
I guess satan will try anything as he knows the end is getting close.
Seems to me he has more bible knowledge than some christians.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have never heard about this before.
Who is spreading this within the church?
Surely must be satan, the liar, the thief.
I guess satan will try anything as he knows the end is getting close.
Seems to me he has more bible knowledge than some christians.

If you just google it you will find it. This post was originally a rebuttal to a so called christian who sent it out to thousands of people

Reactions: Triumph1300

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part 1
There is a belief spreading within the Church that Paul was a false prophet. Some so called Christians claim that the vision Paul saw on the road to Damascus was actually Satanic in origin, instead of being the light of Jesus. However, could Christianity stand if Paul was an instrument of Satan? Could the bible survive the blow of Paul being a false?

The first issue would lead to the credibility of Luke. Doctor Luke wrote the Book of Acts, however, if Paul’s road to Damascus experience was Satanic, the book of Luke would fall apart. If Luke’s creditably is lost then we would have to call into question the whole Gospel of Luke?

Luke’s gospel has many events not found in any of the other biblical gospels; including the most detailed events which surround Jesus’ birth. Below are a couple of important events that we would have to call into question:

1. Jesus’ genealogy starting all the way back to Adam

2. The miraculous of the birth of John the Baptist

John’s birth was the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy which if it didn’t happen, this would call into question the unity of scripture:

Matthew 3:3

3 This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah:

“A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.’”[]

Luke 1:11-15

11 Then an angel of the appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

The angel Gabriel appearing to Zechariah, John’s father, as the angel struck him mute until he named his son John.

The visit of the angel Gabriel to Mary

What about Mary’s credibility as she gave her Testimony to Luke of what she was told from the Angel Gabriel?

Luke 1:26-33

26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

When Mary visited her cousin Elizabeth and her unborn child

John the Baptist was filled with the spirit of the Lord before he was born. Should we then question Elizabeth’s testimony as she was filled with the Holy Spirit when John leaped in her womb?

Luke 1:39-44

39 At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, 40 where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth. 41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”

The Angel’s appearing to the Shepherds

This is the only gospel that tells us that there was no room for Mary and Joseph at the inn. Would there ever be truth in setting up our manager scenes again at Christmas time?

Could there ever be truth in singing Christmas songs like;

While shepherds watch their flocks by night

Oh Holy Night

Hark the herald angels sing

The first Noel

Or even silent night?
I too have heard that about Saul's vision, with different attestations to the event appearing in scripture as well, and it being that of the light bringer, Lucifer, and not Jesus. Many think this is why Paul so often contradicts the apostles letters and even Jesus himself.
As I recall there is a passage in Revelation 2 about finding an apostle false. That is said to be a reference to Paul when he was called to account of his self-identification as an apostle of Christ. When Christ's appointed apostles were anointed personally by him prior to his departure back to the father.

You might consider Googling, jesus words only movement. This that you refer to is not a new movement in as much as it has gained attention thanks to the Internet.

You might also find this helpful in your studies. The Jefferson Bible
This version extracts the supernatural references in scripture and focuses only on the 4 Gospels.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Paul Apostle was caught to the third heaven, he died and waits his resurrection but for more a little time, and again will be caught up to the third heaven, but them which judges him and have accused him of false prophet or anyelse, may be suffer the punishment of the hell's fire. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unpardonable, will not be forgiven.

Last edited:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There is a belief spreading within the Church that Paul was a false prophet.
Opposition and antipathy towards Paul is inherent to his ministry . . . such opposition is inherent to God's People as a whole.

2Ti 1:15 This you know, that all those in Asia have turned away from me, among whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the only gospel that tells us that there was no room for Mary and Joseph at the inn. Would there ever be truth in setting up our manager scenes again at Christmas time?

Could there ever be truth in singing Christmas songs like;

While shepherds watch their flocks by night

Oh Holy Night

Hark the herald angels sing

The first Noel

Or even silent night?
Christmas observance on December 25th is found no place in scripture, this time of celebration is of pagan origin and found in the roman saturnalia in the winter solstice

The Pagan Rebirth Of The Sun

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was just as much of God as Moses was.
The Bible says Moses was a friend of God and that there hasn't been a prophet like him since in all of Israel. While Paul possibly worked harder than any of the other original apostles, the Bible doesn't come anywhere close to speaking of him in the same way that it does Moses.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible says Moses was a friend of God and that there hasn't been a prophet like him since in all of Israel. While Paul possibly worked harder than any of the other original apostles, the Bible doesn't come anywhere close to speaking of him in the same way that it does Moses.
I'd like to meet both of them.

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christmas observance on December 25th is found no place in scripture, this time of celebration is of pagan origin and found in the roman saturnalia in the winter solstice

The Pagan Rebirth Of The Sun

My point wasn’t a date or that Jesus was born on December the 25th if the date was important the bible would of told us. My point was the fact that Jesus was born in a manger in a stable and we only know this because of Luke

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And your point? Paul obeyed god and was used mightily by God! So what is ht eproblem?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also fell into doubt about Paul's authority. His teachings appear to contradict the other teachings in the bible. So I can see how people believe he was a false prophet. There is one scripture that teaches me of his authority though (Galatians 5:22-25). Galatians 5:22-25 prove that he is intimate with the Holy Spirit and a Godly man.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also fell into doubt about Paul's authority. His teachings appear to contradict the other teachings in the bible. So I can see how people believe he was a false prophet. There is one scripture that teaches me of his authority though (Galatians 5:22-25). Galatians 5:22-25 prove that he is intimate with the Holy Spirit and a Godly man.

People also need to remember He is the Apostle to the Gentiles. The good news to the Gentiles will be presented in a totally diffewring way than to the Jew. Gentiles were ignorant of the law and not bound by th elaw. So How pAUL PRESENTED THE DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF jESUS FOR SALVATION TO GENTILES WOULD BE VERY DIFFERENT TO THE GENTILES.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People also need to remember He is the Apostle to the Gentiles. The good news to the Gentiles will be presented in a totally diffewring way than to the Jew. Gentiles were ignorant of the law and not bound by th elaw. So How pAUL PRESENTED THE DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF jESUS FOR SALVATION TO GENTILES WOULD BE VERY DIFFERENT TO THE GENTILES.
There is one gospel, the death, burial, and resurrection to both Jew and Gentile, it's that simple

The shed blood on Calvary for remission of sin by faith, there is only one way to the eternal kingdom, same gospel message

Ron you continue to espouse the (Two Peoples of God) Jew/Church in (Dual Covenant Theology) a teaching in error

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Strongly Disagree

2 Timothy 3:16-17KJV
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.