Washing your coffee cup

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you wash your coffee cup?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mom cleaned her tea cup out with salt and a dry cloth, then rinsed with water. Works for coffee as well. I do clean my coffee cup out regularly.
Never heard of using salt. But I know salt is a preservative and can be used to disinfect I think.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My mom cleaned her tea cup out with salt and a dry cloth, then rinsed with water. Works for coffee as well. I do clean my coffee cup out regularly.

Salt in this case is being used as a polishing medium as the salt is not dissolved in water until the cup is rinsed out. The salt crystals used, grind the surface of the inside of the cup "smooth" by removing any protein that has become "glued" to the inside surface of the cup.

Back many years ago, we used to polish our saucepans using Ajax, to remove the proteins from the inside surfaces of the saucepans. We would also deglaze the saucepans and frypans by adding water to them while they were still very hot and then use the caramelised protein that was stuck to the inside surfaces to make gravy with.

We really did not need the modern "Non-stick" cook ware of today if we use our pans when they are hot if the cooking surface has been deglazed and polished so that their is no protein stuck to that surface. If the cooking surface is hot when we crack open an egg to cook it in the pan, the heat of the pan produces a steam boundary layer to hold the protein in the egg off of the cooking surface so that it does not stick to the pan.

In third world countries, the people use the sand in the creeks and rivers to "clean" their pots where the sand is used to "polish" the cooking surface of the pans.

Non stick pans today have dumbed down the "cooks" of today, who have no understanding of the principles of clean their pots and pans or the used plates and utensils.

PS: - call this "Old School" cleaning.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Incidentally I've heard there's a possible link between Alzheimers and aluminium cookpots and pans, so I switched to non-aluminium pots some years ago.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Incidentally I've heard there's a possible link between Alzheimers and aluminium cookpots and pans, so I switched to non-aluminium pots some years ago.
I've heard that too, but wasn't sure.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

But there is also a link with cancer and non stick pans so... Who knows for sure

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't know about non-sticks, but it was news items like these that made me decide to play safe and switch from aluminiums-

View attachment 23236

View attachment 23237

Ok, fair enough. Doesn't surprise me. Aluminium is inherently toxic

Stainless steel has proven its hygienic superiority. You can't beat it.

But try fry a steak on a stainless pan and it don't work too well. That's why they have non stick pans.

But look into it cos the stuff they use to make it non stick can be toxic when they start wearing away. I think its nylon or something like that.

So i buy cheap pans cos as soon as they start to wear I replace them. Don't scratch them with metal implements, use wood or plastic ones.

Reactions: Dropship

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, fair enough. Doesn't surprise me. Aluminium is inherently toxic

Stainless steel has proven its hygienic superiority. You can't beat it.

But try fry a steak on a stainless pan and it don't work too well. That's why they have non stick pans.

But look into it cos the stuff they use to make it non stick can be toxic when they start wearing away. I think its nylon or something like that.

So i buy cheap pans cos as soon as they start to wear I replace them. Don't scratch them with metal implements, use wood or plastic ones.
The trick with non-stick is a few things:

1. Don't let the pan get too hot.
2. Use a plastic spatula.
3. Don't use anything but sponge on the surface when cleaning it.

Then it should last a lot longer. And you won't get non-stick particles in your food. I use a metal coated pan. It doesn't have traditional non-stick surface on it.

But you can get cancer from anything really. My Aunt's family all have cancer and none on my Father's side so far. So with family it can be genetic causes.

Cancer can also be caused from chemicals that tear the gene molecules out or it can be radiated out via nuclear testing or random isotopes in the soil. In other words you can get cancer from eating food that has absorbed a radioactive isotope from the soil.

Lung cancer is the most common but anything digestive can carry isotopes throughout your body. The main reason they stopped nuclear testing.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The trick with non-stick is a few things:

1. Don't let the pan get too hot.
2. Use a plastic spatula.
3. Don't use anything but sponge on the surface when cleaning it.

Then it should last a lot longer. And you won't get non-stick particles in your food. I use a metal coated pan. It doesn't have traditional non-stick surface on it.

But you can get cancer from anything really. My Aunt's family all have cancer and none on my Father's side so far. So with family it can be genetic causes.

Cancer can also be caused from chemicals that tear the gene molecules out or it can be radiated out via nuclear testing or random isotopes in the soil. In other words you can get cancer from eating food that has absorbed a radioactive isotope from the soil.

Lung cancer is the most common but anything digestive can carry isotopes throughout your body. The main reason they stopped nuclear testing.

True. Thanks for sharing

Becareful that plastic spatula your using too.
Wood is better... ;)

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will use my cup all day often, but each day I get a clean one from the cupboard.

For the cup MUST be clean INSIDE as well as outside or the Pharisees may proselytize
you !

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will use my cup all day often, but each day I get a clean one from the cupboard.

For the cup MUST be clean my INSIDE as well as outside or the Pharisees may proselytize
you !
My cup gets cleaned weekly. It's not what you eat that makes you unclean. It's what comes out of you that makes you unclean!

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I taught my kids this little song when they were young about hand-washing, covering their mouths ect.
It was called " Germs, my invisible dog".

I can't find the song or it's lyrics now

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My cup gets cleaned weekly. It's not what you eat that makes you unclean. It's what comes out of you that makes you unclean!
I totally agree but I'm a bit of a germaphob.... Don't drink after others ect.