Watch Jesus' Signs of The END

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord Jesus commanded His Church to WATCH. Sadly, many of my Christian brethren have not been shown just how Lord Jesus meant that by knowing 'what'... to WATCH.

Matthew 24 is Mark 13 are two of the most important Bible chapters that show us what to be watching. In it Jesus was asked by His disciples upon the Mount of Olives with Him about the Sign of His coming and the end of the world. Then He gave 7 main Signs of the end and commanded His faithful servants to 'WATCH'.

I was raised in a Protestant Christian Church that used men's doctrine called Preterism, which is from the idea that most of The Bible is already past history, except for Christ's future coming. Therefore, they didn't teach Bible prophecy about the 'end' of this world leading up to Christ's future return. So no, we didn't get any teaching on the SIGNS of the end Jesus gave His Church in His Olivet discourse. This is how it is also in many of today's Christian mainstream system organizations.

A problem with many Churches today on men's doctrines, some of them wrongly try to say these Signs already happened back in 70 A.D., or over the centuries since the time of Christ's 1st coming. No, these Signs Jesus gave are meant ONLY for the FINAL GENERATION.

Below, Lord Jesus is revealing that ALL... the Signs He had just given in that Matthew 24 chapter would happen in the FINAL generation that will 'see' His future coming. And the last Sign He gave was that of His future return and gathering of His Church (His faithful saints)...

Matt 24:32-35
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise
ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

That in red means the generation that will "see all these things" (Jesus' SIGNS of the end), then know the day of His coming is near and even at the doors.

The parable of the fig tree is a metaphor about the JEWS representing the plant shoot of the fig tree sprouting again in the Holy Land. It relates to God's promise to Judah in Jeremiah 24 regarding the two baskets of figs that Jeremiah saw by vision. God promised to return Judah back to the Holy land and never remove them again. We cannot say that happened anytime prior to 70 A.D., because in 70 A.D., the Roman general Titus and his army took Jerusalem and destroyed the city, temple. Then the Jews there were scattered out of the land.

ONLY... in 1948 when a majority of Jews returned to the holy land and were established as the nation of ISRAEL again could Jeremiah 24 show actual fulfillment.

So now about Lord Jesus' idea of the fig tree branch when it is "tender", and "putteth forth leaves", vs. the time thereafter about "summer". The time when the fig tree is "tender" and sprouts leaves represents spring. And thereafter comes "summer", which is harvest time related in analogy to the season of Christ's future return and harvest of the earth. By that Lord Jesus is pointing to THE FINAL GENERATION that will see His future coming. In conjunction with God's promise in Jeremiah 24, the year 1948 when Israel became a nation again symbolically points to the FINAL GENERATION.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away.
KJV

What generation again per verses 33-34? The FINAL GENERATION that will see ALL these things, meaning ALL the SIGNS of the end Lord Jesus gave there to His faithful Church.

Those SIGNS of the end He gave in the Matthew 24 and Mark 13 chapters are especially... what we, Christ's Church, are supposed to be 'WATCHING' today in this last generation that will SEE Christ's coming!

Don't ask me when that 1948 generation will end, because that's not what Jesus was showing. He was giving us a BALLPARK FIGURE with pointing in general to the generation that is to see all those SIGNs. His coming can happen BEFORE that 1948 generation dies out. So think of that.

But what do those Church systems on men's doctrines do instead? Some instead teach all the Signs Jesus gave there were history. Some teach a portion of them were history, while pointing to the coming future tribulation with others of the Signs, but revert them away... from happening upon Christ's Church. They claim the Matthew 24 events happen only in Jerusalem and upon the Jews. Christ's Book of Revelation shows different. And that brings us to the subject of the Revelation parallel.

The SIGNS which Lord Jesus gave in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 about the 'end' of this world leading up to His future return ARE... the Seals of Revelation 6. And just who... did Lord Jesus give His Book of Revelation to? To His Church of course. So don't heed any man that simply says these SIGNS of the end Jesus gave are not for His Church. They are specifically... for His Church today as we approach closer to the end of this world.

So now, if anyone asks you what Lord Jesus meant with commanding us to WATCH, now you know. It's the SIGNS of the end of this world He gave for His Church in the final generation that will 'see' "all these things", i.e., ALL the Signs He gave, with the last Sign being that of His coming!

Mark 13:33-37
33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
KJV

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ