Watching History Repeat Itself

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know…but I did look it up in Lexicon. All the different translations are confusing. But if it is let him doing the harm continue to do harm. Consider Jesus Christ saying Luke 16:9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
I get that verse is controversial but why go, continue on and make friends with the mammon of righteousness whereby He already knew “that, when you fail” …
I remember a certain thread concerning this.. making friends with mammon..
I'm just not so sure I would want to enter into "their" habitations though.
And I don't think we are supposed to fail, unless we are trying to be saved by our own merits.

I agree, all the different translations are confusing.
I use the New Living Translation because for me, it's the easiest to understand.
But I still have to take this translation and compare it with other scripture, so there is 2 or more witnesses of it.
Sometimes yea, sometimes nay...
So I just keep on digging...
I enjoy the digging.. :)

HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In general, I think the focus is more on what WE do ourselves to stay in line with God through Christ.

I think it gets skewed when we start focusing on "what others are doing or teaching right or wrong."
I have a habit of internalizing the bible and asking, what is the Lord saying to me.

Or I find a passage or a word and I set it on the table and everyone brings a dish of their own.
And we get to share in this feast together.
Not everyone likes macaroni salad, and not everyone likes watermelon.
But we still share the parts we like and the parts we don't like.
Sometimes someone brings a dish that I have never heard before,
and that makes it all the more enjoyable.

We don't need to argue who is right or wrong, until we take a taste and see if it is agreeable.
Some say there is too much salt, others say not enough...
God gave each of us an individual palette.
I believe that's why Paul says:
1Co 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

The edifying, the building up, the actual thinking and investigating, the sharing,
these are the things that help us grow.
The arguing just leaves us with a bout of indigestion.
:)
HUGS

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember a certain thread concerning this.. making friends with mammon..
I'm just not so sure I would want to enter into "their" habitations though.
And I don't think we are supposed to fail, unless we are trying to be saved by our own merits.

I probably shouldn’t have brought that verse into it…everlasting habitations I can only think of one habitation that is everlasting. “In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.” What if they are the “they” “that when you fail, they may receive you” into the body. Because the flesh eventually fails as Paul said put them “without” for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit might live.

Ephesians 2:18-22 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. [19] Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; [20] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:1-4 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. [2] For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: [3] If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. [4] For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Concerning what you posted earlier:
I looked at another translation from the NLT:

Let the one who is doing harm continue to do harm; let the one who is vile continue to be vile; let the one who is righteous continue to live righteously; let the one who is holy continue to be holy.”

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Could this verse be speaking of the wheat and the chaff though?
The wheat and the tares?
Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord..
I shall say, I never knew thee..
These are the "withouts" ?

The rewards the Lord is bringing with him are according to the works: do harm, be vile, is righteous, is holy.

You are looking from the inside out instead of from the outside in.
I hear you...
Looking at it from Paul's perspective, speaking of the church,
Looking at it from the Lord's perspective, speaking of the world.

I believe the book of Revelation is looking at it from the Lord's perspective.
But I can hear what your saying, concerning Paul's perspective.
Let the flesh die, let it be filthy, let it be vile... you are no longer in the flesh... let it go.

I don't know if that's what Revelation is saying though.
Very interesting.
Hugs

I do understand what your saying and don’t disagree. But consider the passage speaking of he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, but who is one inwardly. Applied as you suggested yes to a whole (collectively) “outwardly”, but we also take that verse singular (personal) also concerning the inward man as in 2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Ziggy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet God's people are given this broken, poisoned, unsafe, wasteland as an inheritance? This is the earth the meek are to inherit?
Sez who? There is a sequence of events given the Bible. Yet every detail has not been revealed. There will be desolations on earth followed by restoration and renewal after redemption.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a habit of internalizing the bible and asking, what is the Lord saying to me.

Or I find a passage or a word and I set it on the table and everyone brings a dish of their own.
And we get to share in this feast together.
Not everyone likes macaroni salad, and not everyone likes watermelon.
But we still share the parts we like and the parts we don't like.
Sometimes someone brings a dish that I have never heard before,
and that makes it all the more enjoyable.

We don't need to argue who is right or wrong, until we take a taste and see if it is agreeable.
Some say there is too much salt, others say not enough...
God gave each of us an individual palette.
I believe that's why Paul says:
1Co 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

The edifying, the building up, the actual thinking and investigating, the sharing,
these are the things that help us grow.
The arguing just leaves us with a bout of indigestion.
HUGS
Until we taste . exactly . And what i smell and what i taste from the over whelming massive majority within the realm
called christendom , IS dung my dear sister . This lamb whiffs , sniffs and tests . AND MOST all are failing the BIBLICAL JESUS
and doing so massively . Let us return to those bibles and feast upon every word as though its golden honey to the taste .
FOR TRULY IT IS as GOLDEN HONEY TO THE TASTE .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I probably shouldn’t have brought that verse into it…everlasting habitations I can only think of one habitation that is everlasting. “In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.” What if they are the “they” “that when you fail, they may receive you” into the body. Because the flesh eventually fails as Paul said put them “without” for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit might live.

Ephesians 2:18-22 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. [19] Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; [20] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:1-4 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. [2] For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: [3] If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. [4] For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Concerning what you posted earlier:

I do understand what your saying and don’t disagree. But consider the passage speaking of he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, but who is one inwardly. Applied as you suggested yes to a whole (collectively) “outwardly”, but we also take that verse singular (personal) also concerning the inward man as in 2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

hope that makes sense.
Your such an optimist :)

I love the way you see the sunshine through the clouds.

And yet, there are the everlasting habitations of the not so good guys who left their first estate as well..
just saying..

Luk 16:9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
Luk 16:10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
Luk 16:11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
Luk 16:12 And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?

It's about being faithful in the least of these things.
What would be unrighteous mammon?
First thought... render unto Ceasar what is Ceasars.
If you steal or are unfaithful from what the world offers you,
then how can you be expected to be faithful in what God offers you?

It's the, That, when ye fail.. part that's tripping me up though.
That they.. the friends of the mammon of unrighteousness will receive you into their habitations.

OR... when you fail, they can vouch for you, they can defend you, saying, Lord he did the right thing when he dealt with us.
He didn't cheat us, or lie to us or steal from us...
They become your defendents and they take you in to their habitations..
Whatever level of habitation that may be.
Like you may be standing in the gate, rather than sitting on the throne.
But it's better than being without...

Am I understanding what your saying?
HUGS

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you interpret it quite differently
to judge PEOPLE instead of judging JUDGMENT.

My issue is your interpretation.

The narrow gate of righteousness is
where we agree in Christ.

That is a very narrow passage for each of us.

This applies to us, all of us, having that same narrow path and focus of judgment.

I hope this makes sense!

Peace to you also @Curtis
May we all adhere to the narrow gate of righteousness where we agree in Christ.

For where 2 or 3 are gathered in Jesus name,
He is there in the midst of us.
And anything we ask that touches the Earth
is done by our Father in Heaven.
Matthew 18:15-20

I do Not agree with interpreting the narrow passage to exclude whole persons from Salvation but use it to mean that we ALL seek agreement in Christ, even if the points and path are very limited.

It is better to drop the majority of what we believe that isn't perfectly in agreement, and just agree on what is God's perfect will and universal truth.

That applies to ALL people @Curtis
not just a few!

If you’re a universalist, you’re very mistaken.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How long do you think God was walking with Adam in the garden (paradise) , before Adam was cast out?
Since it was a place without sin yet, God appeared in physical human form as angels do and walked on two feet. A theophany/Christophany
I believe the "void" in the first verse of Genesis, is the same "void" in Jeremiah, and the same "void" that Peter sees with the destruction of the elements and such.
It just means empty, no life, just earth and water.

I believe history repeats itself and God has given us a road map from beginning to end.
And the ending reveals what happened in the beginning.
History does repeat itself, it's cyclical. A new heaven and new earth will come, but not quite the start with two people and the possibility of sin with Satan there to tempt us. There will be billions of eternal Christians and history will finally stop repeating itself.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since it was a place without sin yet, God appeared in physical human form as angels do and walked on two feet. A theophany/Christophany

It just means empty, no life, just earth and water.

History does repeat itself, it's cyclical. A new heaven and new earth will come, but not quite the start with two people and the possibility of sin with Satan there to tempt us. There will be billions of eternal Christians and history will finally stop repeating itself.

A New heaven and A New Earth.
Jesus is the head and the church is his body.
Whatsoever God hath joined together let no man put asunder.
We're talking Adam and Eve... again.

And they twain shall be one flesh.

Now my question would be....
Why did God remove a rib from Adam and create a woman for him, if they twain was already one flesh?

Whatsoever God hath joined together.... let no man put asunder.

This is a great mystery...

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

What happened in the garden of Eden?

thinking..
Hugs

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your such an optimist :)

I love the way you see the sunshine through the clouds.

And yet, there are the everlasting habitations of the not so good guys who left their first estate as well..
just saying..

Luk 16:9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
Luk 16:10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
Luk 16:11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
Luk 16:12 And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?

It's about being faithful in the least of these things.
What would be unrighteous mammon?
First thought... render unto Ceasar what is Ceasars.
If you steal or are unfaithful from what the world offers you,
then how can you be expected to be faithful in what God offers you?

It's the, That, when ye fail.. part that's tripping me up though.
That they.. the friends of the mammon of unrighteousness will receive you into their habitations.

OR... when you fail, they can vouch for you, they can defend you, saying, Lord he did the right thing when he dealt with us.
He didn't cheat us, or lie to us or steal from us...
They become your defendents and they take you in to their habitations..
Whatever level of habitation that may be.
Like you may be standing in the gate, rather than sitting on the throne.
But it's better than being without...

Am I understanding what your saying?
HUGS

not exactly. Philemon 1:15-16 For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever; [16] Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?

Maybe he departed for season, that when the flesh fails and he returns … that thou shouldest receive him for ever; Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved.

Luke 16:9 Lexicon: "And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by means of the wealth of unrighteousness, so that when it fails, they will receive you into the eternal dwellings.

2 Corinthians 2:6-11 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many. [7] So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. [8] Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him. [9] For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things. [10] To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; [11] Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

or: make friends for yourselves by means of the wealth of unrighteousness, so that when the wealth of unrighteousness fails, they will receive you into the wealth that is of God which faileth not. 2 Corinthians 6:10-16 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. [11] O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged. [12] Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels. [13] Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged. [14] Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? [15] And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? [16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
not exactly. Philemon 1:15-16 For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever; [16] Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?

Maybe he departed for season, that when the flesh fails and he returns … that thou shouldest receive him for ever; Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved.

Luke 16:9 Lexicon: "And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by means of the wealth of unrighteousness, so that when it fails, they will receive you into the eternal dwellings.

2 Corinthians 2:6-11 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many. [7] So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. [8] Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him. [9] For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things. [10] To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; [11] Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
@VictoryinJesus A practical spirit of forgiveness is indeed precious among brethren.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

or: make friends for yourselves by means of the wealth of unrighteousness, so that when the wealth of unrighteousness fails, they will receive you into the wealth that is of God which faileth not. 2 Corinthians 6:10-16 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. [11] O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged. [12] Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels. [13] Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged. [14] Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? [15] And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? [16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
So there is a change in the wording from: when ye fail, to: when it fails.

hmm.. are we talking about ye or it?

I see the connection your making though.
But what is it that fails, the person making friends with the unrighteous mammon or the unrighteous mammon?

wealth of unrighteousness...
What does that look like?
I can't envision what the wealth of unrighteousness looks like.
other than the love of money being the root of all evil..
unrighteous mammon.. wealth of unrighteousness.

I'm having a hard time picturing the meaning..
It's probably one of those things that wake you up in the middle of the night with an AHA moment.
I'm sure if you keep adding, it may become clearer.

Thank You
HUGS

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now my question would be....
Why did God remove a rib from Adam and create a woman for him, if they twain was already one flesh?
In marriage, "The two shall become like one flesh" is physically and spiritually real partially because Eve was made from part of Adam. This maybe gives men and women a sense that they should be joined at the side, part of each other, creating an attraction to each other like something was missing and is needed in their lives. I think Adam sacrificed the extra rib for the baby too - that big belly needed some extra support. Actually, I don't miss the rib, especially when joining at the lips and other places is quite enjoyable - oops, am I bad.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In marriage, "The two shall become like one flesh" is physically and spiritually real partially because Eve was made from part of Adam. This maybe gives men and women a sense that they should be joined at the side, part of each other, creating an attraction to each other like something was missing and is needed in their lives. I think Adam sacrificed the extra rib for the baby too - that big belly needed some extra support. Actually, I don't miss the rib, especially when joining at the lips and other places is quite enjoyable - oops, am I bad.
Only if your not married I guess..lol

The Church was made from Jesus.
What does that one rib represent?
I did a study a while ago but I forget where I put it and I don't remember what I found.
I guess I'll have to go hunting for Adam's rib..
again..

HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I probably just answered my own question..
the rib is the church. The mother of all living.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there is a change in the wording from: when ye fail, to: when it fails.

hmm.. are we talking about ye or it?

my mistake I was trying to help make clearer what I was trying to say.

wealth of unrighteousness...
What does that look like?
I can't envision what the wealth of unrighteousness looks like.

Revelation 3:17-18 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: [18] I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

sounds like go “and I say to you go make friends with the wealth of unrighteousness that when you fail …that thou might see you are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked …and lack what you need which is God.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my mistake I was trying to help make clearer what I was trying to say.

Revelation 3:17-18 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: [18] I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Ok, so if that is the wealth of unrighteousness... make unto yourselves friends of the wealth of unrighteousness..
to gain counsel?

To gain the true riches..

so, I'm using Blueletterbible.net and on the tools for that verse is a cross reference tab. I use this a lot to find corrolating verses.
So this is what I found:

Luk 11:41 But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things are clean unto you.

Luk 14:14 And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

Pro 19:17 He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

Isa 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
Isa 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.

19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

yea, nay?

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God removed the 13th rib of Adam..
and filled it with flesh.
gee I wonder if that is like the heart of stone being replaced with a heart of flesh.

the thirteenth rib.

hmm

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so if that is the wealth of unrighteousness... make unto yourselves friends of the wealth of unrighteousness..
to gain counsel?

To gain the true riches..

so, I'm using Blueletterbible.net and on the tools for that verse is a cross reference tab. I use this a lot to find corrolating verses.
So this is what I found:

Luk 11:41 But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things are clean unto you.

Luk 14:14 And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

Pro 19:17 He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

Isa 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
Isa 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.

19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

yea, nay?

Hugs

Good verses. Makes me think of: 2 Corinthians 8:8-15 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love. [9] For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. [10] And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago. [11] Now therefore perform the doing of it ; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have. [12] For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not. [13] For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened: [14] But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality: [15] As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.