Watching History Repeat Itself

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know what is disturbing?
As you say that both the Day of the Lord (a day of darkness) and the son of perdition (also under darkness), coming simultaneously.
I think the only ones that will see the darkness are those who do not have the light.

But we see the day approaching.. like storm clouds brewing.

I'm not going to argue the rapture. Pre- post- or mid.
I believe we will have to go through tribulation and be tried like gold.
Perhaps some have already had their "time" of tribulation.
Perhaps some will be spared tribulation.
Only God knows each man's destiny with time.

Although Revelations says that Satan will cast some in prison for 10 days.
Not exactly sure what those 10 days are.

I'm watching the world around me.. today.
And there are some going through much tribulation, while others are walking around mindless of it.
We are told we will be hated for Jesus' name sake. We are told we will suffer.
But to what extant only God knows how much each individual can bare.
And will provide an escape I believe on an individual basis.
Even though it will only seem a twinkling of the eye when it all falls in place.

The bible says, he who lets is taken out of the way.
I believe this is speaking of the Holy Spirit which those who believe have been sealed with.
And then the son of perdition will be revealed.
Beginning, middle, end... Maybe it will be the same or different for each person.

We may already be passed on when this occurs. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, whether it will be a day I live or the day I die.
All I am able to do is live for this day and now. And hope I don't fall into any temptations that could lead me out of the right way.

Thank You
Hugs
Keep in mind that in the account of what Jesus said in Matthew and Mark Jesus is having a private conversation with the men before Him, where He tells them they will see the abomination of desolation. Then there will be great tribulation such as never has been nor never shall be again.

I personally believe that many go astray when the begin to believe he’s addressing them privately.

Reactions: Ziggy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what happened in the OT is that when the Hebrews were called out of Egypt, many egyptians came with them.
And I believe these caused a lot of the hebrews to stumble.
The calf and the idols.. the ideology came from egypt..
A LOT OF THINGS CAME FROM EGYPT..
and we need to discern between who is leading who.

So comparing with today. You have God's church and you have the world's secular churches that are growing daily and moving in on God's church trying to bury them and make them disappear. Otherwise your a racist, didn't ya know?

What is... until the times of the gentiles be fulfilled?

remnant.. scattered..few there be that find it.

thinking..
hugs
Revelation 11:8 KJV
[8] And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel in the OT has always been God's church.
And like today, some believed and some didn't.
God used Jeremiah's mouth to send testimony and encouragemet and warnings to the church. And to show them how they were walking in error.

I don’t disagree the church is present in the OT. See it there the church, the assembling in tents (a moveable temporary structure until a more, better permanent structure was revealed in Christ)

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t disagree the church is present in the OT. See it there the church, the assembling in tents (a moveable temporary structure until a more, better permanent structure was revealed in Christ)
What a sight...
Watching the whole congregation moving as one man across the land. A light in the darkness.
We have one here today, but it is weak, the sheep are scattered... we are in a war right now to maintain our right to religion in this country. And not this country only, but the whole world is going through religious turmoil... everywhere. It hasb't really hit here yet, but it's close.

We need to pull together. We need to unite and be one voice, one people, one God.

I'm feeling heavy tonight..
oh wait that's the other thread..
How are you feeling?

HUGS

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are you feeling?

hopeful. I keep thinking about not having confidence in the flesh, but to instead have confidence in the Lord. Loosing more and more confidence in the flesh…I think that is similar to what you speak of with seeing the unrest in the world. Yet hopeful still …in all this unrest, hopeful in the Lord who doesn’t fail.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hopeful. I keep thinking about not having confidence in the flesh, but to instead have confidence in the Lord. Loosing more and more confidence in the flesh…I think that is similar to what you speak of with seeing the unrest in the world. Yet hopeful still …in all this unrest, hopeful in the Lord who doesn’t fail.
I'm literally watching Communists take over our country.
They are using the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to take our land.
They are trying to pass bills to take control of the Indian lands.
There is information just flying in the wind everywhere...
I can't keep up.

I know that God is in control, and I am confident that everything is going according to His plan.
But witnessing it all unfold... so many moving parts..

I am hopeful and confident, yet in awe and wonder,
And it makes me tired, but I can't stop watching..
Sometimes it just gets heavy...

God Bless
HUGS

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Can you see a pattern here?
History is repeating itself.. again.
Hi Ziggy,

There is a area of study that identifies templates. Templates are found in nature, whether biology, zoology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, mathematics etc, and are of course applied in engineering and production. Efforts to achieve economic and environmental control are largely dependent on there being patterns which point to a template of cause and effect, but although much work has been done there are still unknowns and variables that make predictions difficult.

The Bible provides us with examples of local, regional events taking place which set patterns for future events. The OT giving of the Law on Mt.Sinai corresponds to the giving of the Holy Spirit in Jerusalem, both accompanied with fire from heaven, with the first marking the establishment under Law of Israel as God's Chosen People, and the second marking the inclusion under Grace of all believers in Christ.

About that 13th rib...
An interesting fact about rib bones:

They are the only bone in the human body that will regrow.
If a rib is removed leaving a tiny stub, the stub will regrow to full size.
Also, this makes rib bones suitable for grafting onto other bones that need repairing as the original site returns to normal and the graft site fuses into one.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Ziggy,

There is a area of study that identifies templates. Templates are found in nature, whether biology, zoology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, mathematics etc, and are of course applied in engineering and production. Efforts to achieve economic and environmental control are largely dependent on there being patterns which point to a template of cause and effect, but although much work has been done there are still unknowns and variables that make predictions difficult.

The Bible provides us with examples of local, regional events taking place which set patterns for future events. The OT giving of the Law on Mt.Sinai corresponds to the giving of the Holy Spirit in Jerusalem, both accompanied with fire from heaven, with the first marking the establishment under Law of Israel as God's Chosen People, and the second marking the inclusion under Grace of all believers in Christ.

An interesting fact about rib bones:

They are the only bone in the human body that will regrow.
If a rib is removed leaving a tiny stub, the stub will regrow to full size.
Also, this makes rib bones suitable for grafting onto other bones that need repairing as the original site returns to normal and the graft site fuses into one.
Interesting..
And the Liver is the only organ that regrows.
The liver does what.. filter?

Fractals... I was watching some videos a couple years ago about fractals and how those work.
Pretty interesting stuff. Mathematics.. everything is mathematical.
Everything is definately by design.
And God made the blueprints...

Thank You
Hugs

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm literally watching Communists take over our country.
They are using the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to take our land.
They are trying to pass bills to take control of the Indian lands.
There is information just flying in the wind everywhere...
I can't keep up.

I know that God is in control, and I am confident that everything is going according to His plan.
But witnessing it all unfold... so many moving parts..

I am hopeful and confident, yet in awe and wonder,
And it makes me tired, but I can't stop watching..
Sometimes it just gets heavy...

God Bless
HUGS
Same thing exactly happening in New Zealand with the government attempting to steal Maori land.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same thing exactly happening in New Zealand with the government attempting to steal Maori land.
Haiti, South Africa, Taiwan... everywhere..
We have to get ahead of the snowball rolling down the mountain..
If not, be ready for an avalanche.

But I also see that there are good things happening. People are beginning to push back.
Trust Humanity..
Trust God.
He will see us through, one way or the other.
Hugs
Thank You

Reactions: Brakelite

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Jhn 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
Jhn 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
Jhn 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Without quoting the entire chapter...
I believe everyone is born with the light in them.
But they can reject the light.
Or they can receive or accept the light.

What is this light which lighteth EVERY man that cometh into the world?

Hugs

Being made in God's image, every single individual who has their full faculties will display a measure of the qualities of Jehovah Maam.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep in mind that in the account of what Jesus said in Matthew and Mark Jesus is having a private conversation with the men before Him, where He tells them they will see the abomination of desolation. Then there will be great tribulation such as never has been nor never shall be again.

I personally believe that many go astray when the begin to believe he’s addressing them privately.
If the abomination of Desolation manifested itself in the destruction of the temple in 70 AD,
I also believe it will happen again but on a worldwide scale.
We are the temple the world is seeking to destroy.

I was watching the movie Samson last night.
I don't know who were more ruthless, the Philistines or the Romans.
And where are the Philistines today... not the country, the people.

And I think the 13th rib is the church made up of both Jews and Gentiles.
Not 12 tribes of Israel, Not 12 tribes of Ishmael..
But the combining of them the joining together.. the rib.. became a new living thing. Eve.. the NT church.
Combining Isaac and Ishmael as one flesh.

It will be a fine thing to see when the manifesation of it is realized,
that there is neither Jew nor Greek and we are all one in Christ Jesus.

Now that's unity.
Hugs