We Are and Will Be Equals With Jesus Christ! Nails and All?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been meditating a lot the last couple of months! Some Truths are still coming in or truth be told, I'm just realizing them! I only have a human brain, give me a break. lol. When you ask for water from the spirit, from our Lord Jesus Christ, get ready, cause it's COMING!! I had never really understood this until now, but thank you Lord for allowing me to see this, but we will be like Jesus in Heaven (yea knew this one as far as clothed with his glory), we will have his authority, in his father's eyes there will be no difference. However, I never thought about this before, but I think we will also have have his scars? Maybe or not? The nails in our hands and feet? Also the spear in the side? Some of you much wiser and older members. Please chime in.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I have been meditating a lot the last couple of months! Some Truths are still coming in or truth be told, I'm just realizing them! I only have a human brain, give me a break. lol. When you ask for water from the spirit, from our Lord Jesus Christ, get ready, cause it's COMING!! I had never really understood this until now, but thank you Lord for allowing me to see this, but we will be like Jesus in Heaven (yea knew this one as far as clothed with his glory), we will have his authority, in his father's eyes there will be no difference. However, I never thought about this before, but I think we will also have have his scars? Maybe or not? The nails in our hands and feet? Also the spear in the side? Some of you much wiser and older members. Please chime in.
well can you quote any literal nails piercing Jesus' hands/feet? I suggest you will, we will bear his scars but these are prolly spiritual scars, not literal, your "hands" will be prevented maybe, "tied" we say now, your feet/"travel" hindered, etc.

the only NT ref to "nails" is after the fact, Thomas' supposed "doubting" (wherein he was actually following Jesus' explicit instructions btw, dont buy the Roman, Catholic (Protestant) line there either imo)

"spear in the side" might be a ref to marriage status maybe? guessing tho. Might also be "you will have no one to walk beside" kinda thing? @amadeus

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and jshiii

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Psalms 82:6
Psalm 82:6 Lexicon: I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.
John 10:34
John 10:34 Lexicon: Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, 'I SAID, YOU ARE GODS '?
Matthew 10:38
Matthew 10:38 Lexicon: "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
which obv mithraist christians (who have made a bargain with death that will not stand, Isaiah) who are actually waiting for Apollos to come take them to the Elysian Fields may disregard. with impunity
Chocolate Jesus

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so really the hardest part (to me anyway) was finding "Jesus of Nazareth" = "John Doe from (out of) Nowhere," although the Barbara? Stanwick movie "Meet John Doe"
makes the connection at the very end, and the Abarim splains further on this page, somewhere. Ill try and locate the subheading,
The amazing name Antichrist: meaning and etymology
i think the best xplanation was in here, two or three subs down?
The amazing name Jesus: meaning and etymology
also mentioned here and elsewhere.
great op, but warning you are at the edge of a bottomless cliff ok. get ready for free fall. not pleasant until it becomes awesome. say goodbye to all your religious friends, etc. peace

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Crucified with Him...would one not bear the same marks of crucifixion. Galatians 6:17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
^ always heard that as something Paul was doing to be able to say “hereforth let no man trouble me.” But there are only bearing the marks of Christ which gives a different perspective to “hereforth let no man trouble me.”

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
even better. (iow Paul bore the same spiritual marks, right?)

how ya been vij?
Crucified with Him...would one not bear the same marks of crucifixion. Galatians 6:17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
^ always heard that as something Paul was doing to be able to say “hereforth let no man trouble me.” But there are only bearing the marks of Christ which gives a different perspective to “hereforth let no man trouble me.”

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree the scriptures tell us that the followers of Jesus Christ his brothers who will be resurrected to heaven and be rewarded with immortality like Jesus and inherit incorruption like Jesus, and who will be Kings, Priests and Judges in that kingdom ruling over the Earth, but equal to Jesus I don't know. Doesn't the scriptures also say that God, because of his only Begotten Son unswerving faithfulness and obedience, that God has subjected everyone and everything(except for the father and God of Jesus) to his son. I see nowhere in scripture that Jesus is subject to his brothers who are in heaven. Jesus is subject to his Father and God. I see nowhere in scripture that the Father and God of Jesus is subject to anyone. So are those who are resurrected in heaven like Jesus equal to him? Wouldn't that mean they wouldn't be subject to Jesus if they were his equal? Doesn't the fact that Jesus has more authority than those resurrected into heaven prove they are not his equals, after all as I said I see nowhere in scripture that these brothers of Jesus are over him in any way or sense.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
we will have his authority, in his father's eyes there will be no difference.
That's a far cry from what the Bible tells us. Jesus said that the servant is not greater than his Lord. But neither is he equal to his Master. Jesus is indeed our Brother in a very unique sense, but AT THE SAME TIME He is our King, our Lord, our Savior , and our Master.

LUKE 17
7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

However, I never thought about this before, but I think we will also have have his scars?
Now that's really stretching it.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a far cry from what the Bible tells us. Jesus said that the servant is not greater than his Lord. But neither is he equal to his Master. Jesus is indeed our Brother in a very unique sense, but AT THE SAME TIME He is our King, our Lord, our Savior , and our Master.

LUKE 17
7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

Now that's really stretching it.

Thanks for your input Enoch111

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It all has a meaning for people today, but not every example for every person. Your experience will not equal mine nor that of @bbyrd009 nor that of Jesus exactly. We are, or are to be, different parts of the Body of Christ. Jesus alone is the Head. Of course once it is all in order, will we then to have a Head? I cannot answer the question because I am not certain exactly what we will be, but...

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

"And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." I Cor 15:28

What is the final perfectly arranged order of God? We may know bits and pieces of it, but who among us has already such a perfect vision of God's order according to His will?

Reactions: jshiii and bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well can you quote any literal nails piercing Jesus' hands/feet? I suggest you will, we will bear his scars but these are prolly spiritual scars, not literal, your "hands" will be prevented maybe, "tied" we say now, your feet/"travel" hindered, etc.
I am with you on this for the most part, but some indeed have had physical scars in addition to spiritual ones. I really believe that some believers were eaten by physical lions in Rome. That may have left little or no time however for the formation of physical scars considering the final condition of the body... but you get the idea.

the only NT ref to "nails" is after the fact, Thomas' supposed "doubting" (wherein he was actually following Jesus' explicit instructions btw, dont buy the Roman, Catholic (Protestant) line there either imo)

"The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd." Ecc 12:11

"spear in the side" might be a ref to marriage status maybe? guessing tho. Might also be "you will have no one to walk beside" kinda thing? @amadeus

"For I have eaten ashes like bread, and mingled my drink with weeping," Ps 102:9

The blood [my drink per John 6:53] and water [my weeping] for the things I or He (Jesus) are unable to fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009