We are now approaching the year 6,000 from creation, and herein are the ancient texts that speak about the year 6,000

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
It's just the plain reading of the text. Your interpretation can't stand. Textually. Or according to Judaism. That's why I challenge you to come up with proof. I haven't ever seen any. Maybe there is. Maybe you know of some. But what you posted, actually disproves your assumption. It says one Rabbi challenged many Rabbis and the many Rabbis understood it the way I presented it - the way the text plainly reads.

I know you are very invested in understanding it according to 50 year sets. But that is not the way the text reads. That's just the way it is.

The Gemara answers: Come and hear, as it is taught in a baraita that there is a dispute between Rabbi Yehuda and the Rabbis: The verse states: “And you shall sanctify the fiftieth year” (Leviticus 25:10), from which it is derived: You count it as the fiftieth year, i.e., the Jubilee Year, but you do not count it as both the fiftieth year and the first year of the next Sabbatical and Jubilee cycles. From here they stated: The Jubilee Year is not included in the counting of the seven-year cycle of the Sabbatical Year. Rather, the year following the Jubilee Year is considered the first year of the next seven-year cycle.
Babylonian Talmud Nedarim 61a:4

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was kind of fun, sort of relaxing, watching you guys go back and forth.

Like watching tennis champions hit a ball, ker-plunk, ker-plunk, ker-plunk.

Almost hypnotic.

I agree in theory with the OP. About the 7000 year plan, and that 2026 is a thing, but there's better ways at being more precise. I think it's happening sooner. I think it's happening now. I think January 2026 is a hard stop in time that we can't go past. It likely has to happen before then. Paul's man of sin, is this the "man" that made the nations tremble?, has already ascended from the bottomless pit and made war on and killed the Two Witnesses. It's a case of the personification of what would be thought of as inanimate objects.

As for the counting of Jubilee cycles, the 50th year will then become year #1 for the next 50 year cycle. It's still 50 years when you do it that way, and that's the way it has to be done. There's no violation of Scripture.

Seventy Weeks are 490 Years.

As soon as Gabriel told Daniel it would be "70 weeks", Daniel knew exactly what the angel was talking about. Daniel knew that it would be 10 Jubilee cycles. Because 10 Jubilee cycles are 490 years. Seventy weeks are 490 years.

49+49+49+49+49+49+49+49+49+49=490 years. Which equals 70 weeks of years.

The 50th year always becomes year #1 for the next Jubilee cycle. That's how you count the cycles of the Jubilee. That's the only way it works.

I wouldn't worry about what the Rabbis argue, they never kept the Jubilee plan anyway. I also wouldn't worry about counting Jubilee cycles since creation week. I would worry more, like Newton had suggested, about counting a specific Jubilee cycle based on the two more modern decrees to restore Jerusalem. The compass of a Jubilee. Those decrees are saying we're in the last heptad now. Price action makes for market commentary.

Peaceful Sabbath.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As for the counting of Jubilee cycles, the 50th year will then become year #1 for the next 50 year cycle. It's still 50 years when you do it that way, and that's the way it has to be done. There's no violation of Scripture.
Actually, the point is that it is not 50 years between. It's actually 49. It's always counting 7 cycles of 7 seven years. The following year (the 50th) is a special year. But the next cycle of 7 has already started.

I wouldn't worry about what the Rabbis argue, they never kept the Jubilee plan anyway. I also wouldn't worry about counting Jubilee cycles since creation week. I would worry more, like Newton had suggested, about counting a specific Jubilee cycle based on the two more modern decrees to restore Jerusalem. The compass of a Jubilee. Those decrees are saying we're in the last heptad now. Price action makes for market commentary.
That is correct. The Jubilee was very rarely enacted. That's why there are so few historical records and such confusion among the Rabbis. If they couldn't understand it correctly, then Christians without any true understanding of Jewish history have absolutely no hope of understanding it.

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, the point is that it is not 50 years between.

I never said it was.

It's actually 49.

That's what I said.

The 50th year becomes year 1 for the next Jubilee cycle.

49+49+49+49+49+49+49+49+49+49=490 years. Which equals 70 weeks of years.

The 50th year always becomes year #1 for the next Jubilee cycle. That's how you count the cycles of the Jubilee. That's the only way it works.

Having the 50th year become year #1 of the next Jubilee cycle, doesn't make the following 50th any less of a Jubilee year.

The 70 weeks of Daniel 9 were the third set of 70 weeks since the Exodus in 1437BC. After the 70 weeks of Daniel 9 there were four more sets of 70 weeks until 1994 and Comet Shoemaker Levy 9.

7 X 70 weeks. 490 X 7, or 3,430 years.

In each of these Jubilee cycles, the 50th year then becomes year 1 for the next Jubilee cycle.

inQq0qQ.jpg

Peaceful Sabbath.