We are partakers of the divine nature

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, character deficiencies are not the impact of the influence of Satan and his demonic wicked fallen heavenly hosts. They are just our personal deficiencies.
I'm not saying we can't be influenced by outside sources, whether angelic or human. However, Jesus was not subject to such, not sharing our deficiency.

James 1:14-15 KJV
14) But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15) Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 1:

Peter contrasted between divine nature and sinful desire.

Strong's Greek: 5449. φύσις (phusis) — 14 Occurrences

HELPS Word-studies:

Thayer's Greek Lexicon:

1. the nature of things, the force, laws, order, of nature; as opposed to what is monstrous, abnormal, perverse
  2. birth, physical origin
  3. a mode of feeling and acting which by long habit has become nature
  4. the sum of innate properties and powers by which one person differs from others
Jesus has a divine nature and we are imitators of him and partakers of his divine nature.
I see partaking of His divine nature in this passage,

Ephesians 4:22-29 KJV
22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25) Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26) Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27) Neither give place to the devil.
28) Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29) Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

We do those things that are good, that are honest, that serve the good of others, no longer living as an island, but serving in love. Christian love being, to me, committed in one's heart to the wellbeing of others.

Much love!

Reactions: TonyChanYT

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh! How do we know that we are?
That's a really good question to ask!

There are a couple of ways that spring to mind, though with a question like this I'll continue to think about it. Those two being increasing intimacy with God, and increasing control over our flesh.

If we are not experiencing intimacy with God, a real communion, it may be that God is doing this so we can know a greater faith walk, or it may be that we've hidden ourselves from Him (or so we think) because we condemn ourselves, and think that He condemns us also.

Unresolved sin can be very detrimental to our faith. I've learned the need to keep in my mind that I am alive unto God. Whatever I think or do or say, my amount of effort, my secret thoughts, everything is right in front of Him, even closer than that!

Our reconciliation is in Christ, not our behavior, and this is how we can gain mastery over those unresolved sins. Sometimes we just have to wait as our minds are being renewed. Sometimes God gives us deliverance. Sometimes God shows us how to overcome by faith. All things can be overcome by faith, though we do not evercome all things by faith. Sometimes we can give up, and we are waiting for God.

Much love!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Violence describes the execution of a killer, for instance. Babylon cast down. Quibbling over words is how I describe taking two different words and going on and on trying to make them the same because you want us all to land on your idea, or so it seems to me. I could be wrong.

I'm not the one here defining violence as oppression, they are different.

What exactly are your contradictory views here? LOL!

Much love!
You're asking about contradiction Marks? Is Jesus an active destroyer or an active saviour? Holding both ideas simultaneously is an active contradiction.....and this is no quibble over words.

Men in their wisdom attributed violence and destruction to an angry God continuously, even men of God.....even when spoon fed that this is not the case.
The greatest, the most obvious, the most complete ie, the most overt display of God's character is Jesus. Do you see in him violence, oppression and destruction?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're asking about contradiction Marks? Is Jesus an active destroyer or an active saviour?

Luke 9:54-56 KJV
54) And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
55) But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
56) For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

John 3:14-17 KJV
14) And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15) That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Acts 17:30-31 KJV
30) And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31) Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

2 Peter 3:5-7 KJV
5) For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6) Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7) But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 KJV
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Revelation 20:15 KJV
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Much love!

Last edited: