We really CAN'T answer some of these

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Jesus is Amillennial. He never taught a temporal physical kingdom. Only an eternal spiritual kingdom.
Nice dave, imo, I gotta say. Even if it can be made to be wrong, depending upon ones perspective; "life, more abundantly" is also enjoyed by ppl with actual bodies I guess, today. But I just accepted your conventions there see

Does Eternal mean forever?

D

Dave L

just keep pontificating as if you know dave, you'll be fine
until you're not anyway
ok I'd rather pull weeds, see you guys
Here's the challenge I have for all. Produce one direct quote from the gospels or the epistles where anyone taught a temporal physical kingdom.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Existing without beginning or end.
"A space of time, an age" is what I find dave?

Bet you can't quote that from anywhere dave, sorry
You are thinking of immortal dave, not Eternal I guess

your pants are on fire dave, better put that out ok

Last edited:
D

Dave L

"A space of time, an age" is what I find dave?

Bet you can't quote that from anywhere dave, sorry
You are thinking of immortal dave, not Eternal I guess
If God has a beginning, who created him?

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well they were dismissed for the simply reason that they were there to somehow persuade people that Calvinism has some merit. Since it does not, why bother? Notice, this is already a loaded question:

Does God's Absolute Predestination Make Him Unfair?

Since predestination is never for salvation, it is eminently fair. Only those who are already saved are elected to be PERFECTED. That is logical, reasonable, fair, and just.

On the other hand, if predestination was for salvation (which is what is being presented) then it would not only be GROSSLY UNFAIR but a violation of Gospel truth.
Your words about "presdestine" are out of accord with the Apostle Paul:

He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, (Ephesians 1:5)

Your words are diametrially opposed to the words of our Lord Jesus Christ:

apart from Me you can do nothing (John 15:5)

You did not choose Me but I chose you (John 15:16)

even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. (John 17:2)

This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent. (John 6:28)

And, Jesus the eternal (inside time, outside time, beyond time) God said:

If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words (John 14:23-24)

Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven [will enter]. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.' Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and [yet] it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell - and great was its fall. (Matthew 7:21-27)

Reactions: Willie T and Dave L

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what #25 looks like in the book:

Question 25: Did Christ Die for All Men?
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

We have already asked the question about "whosoever will," which is a variant of "whosoever believeth" (see Question #20). The question raises the issue of the ability of unregenerate men to come to saving faith in Christ, if the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit (I Corinthians 2:14).

To understand John 3:16, you need to have come to grips with the previous questions in this book. What is "the world" that God loves? Is it "all men in general"? Then why did He despise Esau and promise to curse him, before Esau had done good or evil? Why do Christ's prayers of intercession convert some but not all? If He prays for all men to be saved, and some resist and perish, can we say that Christ's prayers are efficacious? Do they really work? Or are the results random?

God loves the whole creation. He sustains it moment by moment. This is the doctrine of providence. He sustained it after Adam rebelled. Why? He promised to bring death to Adam, yet He allowed the world to continue. He preserved it for the sake of the as-yet unborn elect. He preserved it for the sake of Jesus Christ, His incarnate Son, who came to die for His chosen elect. God loves His creation; He does not love all men, irrespective of their relation to Jesus Christ.

Questionable Answer:
"Jesus died for all mankind. Some accept, and others refuse, but He died so that all men might experience the possibility of being saved from hell. This is the meaning of 'the world.' It means 'all men.' God brings the world under judgment. It is not saved; men are saved."

My (the author's) Reply:
All good things that we receive are gifts from God (James 1:17). Is life such a gift? Then it is a gift from God. Do unrighteous men deserve gifts? No, they deserve death. Do they receive good gifts? Yes, they do. God gives them gifts for the sake of the elect, so that life can prosper through the co-operation of both elect and unregenerate. He also gives them gifts in order to heap extra coals of fire on their heads when they do not respond in faith — the reason Paul gave us for treating sinners decently (Romans 12:20). Look it up!

God sends rain on sinners and saints alike (Matthew 5:45). This can be called God's common grace. It is common to all men. But this says nothing about God's special grace to individual sinners whom God has chosen to regenerate, by grace. The fact that God gives unmerited, non-saving gifts to all men in no way proves that anyone can respond to the equally unmerited offer of salvation. Both kinds of grace — common and saving — are possible only because of Christ's work. So all men benefit generally from Christ's death, but only Christ's elect benefit eternally (see Question 75).

For further study: Matt. 20:28; John 6:37-39; 10:11, 15, 26; Acts 20:28; Eph. 1:4-7; 5:25-27; Heb. 5:9.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus is Amillennial. He never taught a temporal physical kingdom. Only an eternal spiritual kingdom.
Dave it's still pretty apparent-it just comes through somehow--that you are surely a great pastor, at least imo, you have the heart for it.

Now at the same time I guess Peter was right, and to your destruction will also play out, but I see you prolly getting hip finally at some point and leading many out of that burning building you're in right now, the Temple of Death More Abundantly.

I don't quite get why -mancers are not called out more by Christians--guess those vv are misinterpreted too--but I guess as long as Christians are obsessed with Tomorrow whaddya gonnado right

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave L

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what #25 looks like in the book:

Question 25: Did Christ Die for All Men?
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

We have already asked the question about "whosoever will," which is a variant of "whosoever believeth" (see Question #20). The question raises the issue of the ability of unregenerate men to come to saving faith in Christ, if the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit (I Corinthians 2:14).

To understand John 3:16, you need to have come to grips with the previous questions in this book. What is "the world" that God loves? Is it "all men in general"? Then why did He despise Esau and promise to curse him, before Esau had done good or evil? Why do Christ's prayers of intercession convert some but not all? If He prays for all men to be saved, and some resist and perish, can we say that Christ's prayers are efficacious? Do they really work? Or are the results random?

God loves the whole creation. He sustains it moment by moment. This is the doctrine of providence. He sustained it after Adam rebelled. Why? He promised to bring death to Adam, yet He allowed the world to continue. He preserved it for the sake of the as-yet unborn elect. He preserved it for the sake of Jesus Christ, His incarnate Son, who came to die for His chosen elect. God loves His creation; He does not love all men, irrespective of their relation to Jesus Christ.

Questionable Answer:
"Jesus died for all mankind. Some accept, and others refuse, but He died so that all men might experience the possibility of being saved from hell. This is the meaning of 'the world.' It means 'all men.' God brings the world under judgment. It is not saved; men are saved."

My (the author's) Reply:
All good things that we receive are gifts from God (James 1:17). Is life such a gift? Then it is a gift from God. Do unrighteous men deserve gifts? No, they deserve death. Do they receive good gifts? Yes, they do. God gives them gifts for the sake of the elect, so that life can prosper through the co-operation of both elect and unregenerate. He also gives them gifts in order to heap extra coals of fire on their heads when they do not respond in faith — the reason Paul gave us for treating sinners decently (Romans 12:20). Look it up!

God sends rain on sinners and saints alike (Matthew 5:45). This can be called God's common grace. It is common to all men. But this says nothing about God's special grace to individual sinners whom God has chosen to regenerate, by grace. The fact that God gives unmerited, non-saving gifts to all men in no way proves that anyone can respond to the equally unmerited offer of salvation. Both kinds of grace — common and saving — are possible only because of Christ's work. So all men benefit generally from Christ's death, but only Christ's elect benefit eternally (see Question 75).

For further study: Matt. 20:28; John 6:37-39; 10:11, 15, 26; Acts 20:28; Eph. 1:4-7; 5:25-27; Heb. 5:9.
I think they missed one - and an important one:
God wills the salvation of ALL people and that ALL come to a knowledge of the truth (1 Tim. 2:3-4).

Reactions: Helen and Nancy
D

Dave L

First answer to #25;
Jesus told the pharisees in John 10 that they could not believe because he did not die for them.
““I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.” (John 10:11)
“But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.” (John 10:26)