We Welcome Bope to Christianity Board!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to Christianity Board, Bope!Christianity Board (we commonly go by CB) is where Christians of all denominations come together and chat, share in fellowship, and become better disciples of Christ. We welcome anyone and everyone no matter their background! We're very honored to have you with us! First, introduce yourself so that we can get to know you a little better! Tell us some things about you whether it be beliefs, hobbies, or any other interesting fact.We'll leave you alone, for now, but if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to contact any of our wonderful staff members!

Bope

Apr 13, 2006
Thank you for the warm welcome, I was not expecting it.Beliefs? I tend to be on the liberal side, but not the extreme liberal where I am really stuck in my ways. The same can go for anybody regardless of political and religious stance.I tend to believe in a non-orthadox way, and most may not agree with it. For instance, I believe you do not need to go to church to be a Christian, God is not limited to one group, I do not subscribe to trinity, pergatory, rapture or other such buzzwords.I have been questioning the validity of Christianity as a whole anyway for some time, and been looking around for answers. Some may say that is a bad way to go and is walking in a minefield. That may be true in some respects, but at the same time, I got really tired of the hypocrisy.So that may be in the realm of agnosticism.Who knows. What else would you like to know?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome Bope, happy to have you! As you probably figured out by now, I tend to be somewhat conservative myself in both the religious and political world. (Yes that was an understatement.) I don't label myself and don't ask to be labeled any terms such as fundamentalist because I don't fit in that camp. I'm a firm believer in the faith of God - so much so that I have devoted my college minor to religious studies with an emphasis on Christianity.Having said this, I too share the notion that you don't have to go to church to be a true believer, though I have attended a church and will continue to do so. Anyone can be saved by the Grace of God and it doesn't have to be in a church with the help of a pastor/minister. Anyone who thinks God counts his kingdom solely amongst those who attend their local church every Sunday morning is sorely mistaken. I'm afraid thou shalt go to church didn't make it into the ten commandments. However, one's heart ultimately does have to make an important decision. I hope you make the right one, and I'll encourage you to share your thoughts with us even if they'd make a marxist shout leftwing. Questioning faith is important.Maybe you'll come away with something, maybe you won't. Either way, you're here and we are happy to have you with us.

Bope

Apr 13, 2006
Yes, I thought a lot of members would be on the right, and that is OK. I have a lot of friends who are religious/right wing, however, a lot of people mistake religious as right wing. That is not necessarily the case. Therefore, it kind of makes me cringe when people lump religious people into one group."If you are a Chrisitan, you must be a republican"Naw, not at all... God should be a little bigger than left or right wing.Anyway, thank you for the welcome. I will try my best to contribute here. Also, thank you fr joining my debate forums. They are new as well, but trying to get more folks to join in on the heated subjects there.:angel10:

Kelvin007

Feb 17, 2006
Welcome Bope! I hope you will enjoy talking with us on different many topics related to Christianity and with other forum members.

Bope

Apr 13, 2006
(Kelvin007)
Welcome Bope! I hope you will enjoy talking with us on different many topics related to Christianity and with other forum members.
I will try my best.

Aaron

Feb 17, 2006
Welcome! Take a look around the place- there's so much to offer.Any questions at all, feel free to contact us.See you around the boards,Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.