What An Atheist Might Think After This Forum

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I was thinking after reading a bunch and discussing different interpretations on this forum. A few things have accured to me.Let me start by saying, there's no such thing as stupid questions. Every question and answer on this forum helps believers search the bible, reconsider to an extent if what they believe the bible says, and as a personal experience just from this site, having very foundations and faith tested to the last thread of hope.Imagine you are an non-believer, yet you are searching because you have this "nagging" inside of you for the truth. You begin to wonder, Is Jesus real? So, you get on the internet and stop on the first forum you see. And this ones it. So far on this forum we've been told many things, some correct, some not.We've been told, Satan is in heaven. We've been told, Everyone who never believed in Christ will be ressurected at the Millinial Reign, and get a second chance. We've been told, Hell is temporary, or the Lake of Fire is tempoprary. We've been told, Once you are saved you still have a chance to go to hell, so becareful.We've been told, Baptism isn't for us today.Now, on the other side. Everytime someone disagrees here, there is an animosity and general disrespect and attacks towards the other person. Very few people on this site have shown any kind of Love, kindness or Respect.If I came to this site looking for the Lord, I surely wouldn't have found him at first Glance. After the above, I probably would've just said, forget it, and went right back to my normal life.If Satan is bound in heaven, then I don't have to worry. If I don't believe now, and do what I want, I'll get another chance in the Millineum. I will surely believe if I see Jesus Christ himself. If not, I'll go to Hell, but that's okay, cause it's temporary. Besides, If I come to the Lord, I might not stay my whole life, so I don't wanna waste his time or my time. Since Hell is temporary. And that's a good thing that we don't have to be baptised, cause I'm afraid of water anyway. So now Brothers and Sisters, If some of you truely are. Becareful what you profess to believe, and what you argue about. This is a public forum, and our whole mission is to LOVE eachother, and to bring others to Christ. Stop treating others that don't agree completely badly and with contempt. One Topic bothers me the very most. If a person posts about wanting to commit suicide, How dare any of you be condeming!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (WhiteKnuckle @ Apr 10 2009, 11:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72309
I was thinking after reading a bunch and discussing different interpretations on this forum. A few things have accured to me.Let me start by saying, there's no such thing as stupid questions. Every question and answer on this forum helps believers search the bible, reconsider to an extent if what they believe the bible says, and as a personal experience just from this site, having very foundations and faith tested to the last thread of hope.Imagine you are an non-believer, yet you are searching because you have this "nagging" inside of you for the truth. You begin to wonder, Is Jesus real? So, you get on the internet and stop on the first forum you see. And this ones it. So far on this forum we've been told many things, some correct, some not.We've been told, Satan is in heaven. We've been told, Everyone who never believed in Christ will be ressurected at the Millinial Reign, and get a second chance. We've been told, Hell is temporary, or the Lake of Fire is tempoprary. We've been told, Once you are saved you still have a chance to go to hell, so becareful.We've been told, Baptism isn't for us today.Now, on the other side. Everytime someone disagrees here, there is an animosity and general disrespect and attacks towards the other person. Very few people on this site have shown any kind of Love, kindness or Respect.If I came to this site looking for the Lord, I surely wouldn't have found him at first Glance. After the above, I probably would've just said, forget it, and went right back to my normal life.If Satan is bound in heaven, then I don't have to worry. If I don't believe now, and do what I want, I'll get another chance in the Millineum. I will surely believe if I see Jesus Christ himself. If not, I'll go to Hell, but that's okay, cause it's temporary. Besides, If I come to the Lord, I might not stay my whole life, so I don't wanna waste his time or my time. Since Hell is temporary. And that's a good thing that we don't have to be baptised, cause I'm afraid of water anyway. So now Brothers and Sisters, If some of you truely are. Becareful what you profess to believe, and what you argue about. This is a public forum, and our whole mission is to LOVE eachother, and to bring others to Christ. Stop treating others that don't agree completely badly and with contempt. One Topic bothers me the very most. If a person posts about wanting to commit suicide, How dare any of you be condeming!
True Christians will not condemn anyone. True Christians will only hate the sin. No, only those who are truly good people, but been misled my men and never heard of Truth, will get a chance at the Millennium Reign and those who never got a chance to make a decision. (those killed by abortion or very young age etc) Those who are truly evil, will not get a chance in the Millennium Reign. (Revelation 20:5) As far I'm concern only God knows whose good or evil... No man can judge a person's heart and mind. So I'll leave it up to God.No humans has been judged by God yet as it is stated in John 17:12...Lastly God is 100% fair to His children. He is a completely different Judge than our human judge we have here today.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thats the differance between listening to religions of men and studying scripture being a Bible study site rather than a religious site we are not bound by words of men church doctrine ect. we try to get to the truth of what God says ...Now there are many who disagree or see one thing but not another ...but God says we are to learn the Word precept upon precept we often will learn things here we cant put into context yet ...So the thing to do is put them on the shelf ...till one gets all the precepts/pieces down then the whole picture snaps into view ...We have had generations of Mens lies,religious doctrines and misunderstandings of a closed book ... All these things are in the bible written in scripture ... few have just ever been taught to study scripture ...they just believe what some man or religion tells them ... But you must admit ...that kind of milk doctrine leaves you hungry for some answers some real meat...

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
But you must admit ...that kind of milk doctrine leaves you hungry for some answers some real meat...
It does, that's forsure.BTW, Tom, That'll be the last smart remark I'll accept from you. As a moderator, I expect a little more maturity than you've shown on this forum. You are one of the ones I was talking about in the OP. You show no Love, No Kindess, No consideration, No respect, and nothing but contempt for anyone I've ever seen you post to. You insult, and insite anger and hurt feelings. To even make a joke about me drinking is highly disrespectful in the upmost. Consiquently this is my last post on this forum.

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
QUOTE (WhiteKnuckle @ Apr 11 2009, 12:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72322
It does, that's forsure.BTW, Tom, That'll be the last smart remark I'll accept from you. As a moderator, I expect a little more maturity than you've shown on this forum. You are one of the ones I was talking about in the OP. You show no Love, No Kindess, No consideration, No respect, and nothing but contempt for anyone I've ever seen you post to. You insult, and insite anger and hurt feelings. To even make a joke about me drinking is highly disrespectful in the upmost. Consiquently this is my last post on this forum.
I am sorry that offense is made between those confessing Jesus as their Lord. It is hard realizing that words hurt and destroy even when we are trying to be funny.,I have enjoyed your post WhiteKnuckle. It is my sincere hope that you will find forgiveness with Tom and that you'll keep your blessings from God by not retaliating with insults. Some times I think forums are very dangerous places to be because of the many diverse beliefs we all have. IT takes a lot of caution to be on here and not sin. Hope you remain in love and be cautious in response to others as you have been. LOL Vickie

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
"Let no man deceive you."I would think with all the differing opinions that I see on this site it would encourage people to read the bible themselves and learn for themselves what it is all about. I also think that a lot of people hold God's Word as very dear to them and when they see someone misinterpret it (or what they believe is a misinterpretation) they get highly upset. When you mix that with someone who gets their feelings hurt easily, well, those people will take offense. Message: Get some thicker skin and keep telling people what you think the Bible says. There will be disagreement and hurt feelings. So what? I'll bet if you keep an open mind you might learn something too.

Jilli

Feb 23, 2009
I have not been joined on here for long but I noticed very early on something that disturbed and dissapointed me lots.I see a rudeness and abrubtness from some on here which I also wonder how an unsaved person would view all this.There have been non-christians posting on here with some good discussion going (which I thought was great!) and they have been spoken to rudely never to return.I also wonder why there are hundreds of people joined on here but only a small percentage are actually posting. Like me, maybe theyare too afraid they will get jumped on or rubbished. I was expecting to see a humming, lively, much more active site. About 8 years ago I was in a small church which had a serious division (over women speaking). The church divided into twosides and though me and my husband did not want to be involved at all (even though we had an opinion about it) we had tomake a decision at some point whom we were going to stand with. I noticed very strongly that one side was very bitter, condemning,and argumentative, almost coming to blows. They showed a very unforgiving spirit and lack of wanting to stay united. It was a shockto me to see Gods children acting this way and in the end the church disintegrated. Satan must have been loving it!!I would think that unity and love among christians is far more pleasing to God than getting your own viewpoint across in whateverway possible. If a topic is not crucial to Salvation - and I think we all agree on that doctrine - then it is not worth being fractious about.I respect those on here with a huge amount of biblical knowledge but there are many others who seriously study the bible and who havecome up with exactly the opposite interpretations. I am not saying who is right and who is wrong but rather about attitudes to those ofother opinions (who also genuinely want to come up with the right answers). When there are grey areas of the bible where two scholars cancome up with the opposite view then it is not for one side to say they absolutely KNOW. Only God knows exactly what He meant if mancannot agree. Many of these grey areas (eg, OSAS) there are equal arguments on both sides. I see that you put your TRUTH forth in away that anyone not agreeing with your idea must be calling God a liar. (I saw on one post!) I see my walk with God and loving othersthrough Christ as more important than whether Christ will return before or after the tribulation. I shall be prepared either way! :)The point I am trying to make is that what you see as the MOST important thing - getting the TRUTH across, or rather the truth as you seeit (and once again I'm not saying whether you are right or wrong in your truth) some of you are actually hurting and offending others in the process.God must surely be greiving about that. This is a site with much potential and I would like to see it a more friendly, God honouring, active and accepting place.I am sorry if I myself have hurt or offended anyone, I just don't want others to be scared off.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (TuiBird @ Apr 13 2009, 10:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72499
I have not been joined on here for long but I noticed very early on something that disturbed and dissapointed me lots.I see a rudeness and abrubtness from some on here which I also wonder how an unsaved person would view all this.There have been non-christians posting on here with some good discussion going (which I thought was great!) and they have been spoken to rudely never to return.I also wonder why there are hundreds of people joined on here but only a small percentage are actually posting. Like me, maybe theyare too afraid they will get jumped on or rubbished. I was expecting to see a humming, lively, much more active site. About 8 years ago I was in a small church which had a serious division (over women speaking). The church divided into twosides and though me and my husband did not want to be involved at all (even though we had an opinion about it) we had tomake a decision at some point whom we were going to stand with. I noticed very strongly that one side was very bitter, condemning,and argumentative, almost coming to blows. They showed a very unforgiving spirit and lack of wanting to stay united. It was a shockto me to see Gods children acting this way and in the end the church disintegrated. Satan must have been loving it!!I would think that unity and love among christians is far more pleasing to God than getting your own viewpoint across in whateverway possible. If a topic is not crucial to Salvation - and I think we all agree on that doctrine - then it is not worth being fractious about.I respect those on here with a huge amount of biblical knowledge but there are many others who seriously study the bible and who havecome up with exactly the opposite interpretations. I am not saying who is right and who is wrong but rather about attitudes to those ofother opinions (who also genuinely want to come up with the right answers). When there are grey areas of the bible where two scholars cancome up with the opposite view then it is not for one side to say they absolutely KNOW. Only God knows exactly what He meant if mancannot agree. Many of these grey areas (eg, OSAS) there are equal arguments on both sides. I see that you put your TRUTH forth in away that anyone not agreeing with your idea must be calling God a liar. (I saw on one post!) I see my walk with God and loving othersthrough Christ as more important than whether Christ will return before or after the tribulation. I shall be prepared either way! :)The point I am trying to make is that what you see as the MOST important thing - getting the TRUTH across, or rather the truth as you seeit (and once again I'm not saying whether you are right or wrong in your truth) some of you are actually hurting and offending others in the process.God must surely be greiving about that. This is a site with much potential and I would like to see it a more friendly, God honouring, active and accepting place.I am sorry if I myself have hurt or offended anyone, I just don't want others to be scared off.
Nice post you have there TuiBird in which I agree. I've been here on CB for slightly over 2 years now...if you don't mind looking at my date in which I joined. Besides your posts, I seen a couple other ugly emotions on here by some members on here, but I'm not going to list anybody... It is a lovely forum when I joined here... now I feel at some times ago, going down hill at least a few months...

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tell you what, a couple of you folks have already talked with me, and I appreciate your openness. For those others of you, please feel free to drop me a Private Message[/a] voicing your concerns whether it be about myself, other staff, or members here. I promise to keep things between me and you if that is what you wish. I want this place to be friendly and open, yet I want the level of scholarship here to be the best on the internet. I know that is an ambitious goal, but it is one that is important to me. It was one of the original reasons for starting CB.