What are deamons?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
I personally think it is ridiculous... my memory is a bit shady, but I do beleive that it is possible for a Christian to be demon possessed because it happened to me early on as a child I think a year after I became a Christian.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(tim_from_pa;49622)
Ummmmmm. Be careful here. While what you say regarding possession vs the Holy Spirit is essentially correct, demons and entities can still wreck havoc, and without God a human hasn't a chance. Yes, a gunman is scary, but whose behind him?Demons are very, very powerful entities. Stay away from occult and haunted houses.
biggrin.gif

HEHEHE, Its not like I seek them out, but yes, there was an evil spirit that was in my parents house once. (My parents bought this antique chest from an auction --- and it hitched a ride to my parent's house). My mother told it to leave in Jesus's name, and it had to leave. However, she had to be very specific.1. Never set foot anywhere in the house,2. Never set foot on the property. If you tell these unclean spirits to leave in JESUS's name --- they have to go. That spirit has not been back to my parents house since. These spirits aren't afraid of YOU, they are afraid of the Holy Spirit (and for good reason too). The Holy Spirit really is the key.

EGR

Feb 15, 2008
Thanks for all the input. However, so far I only see one reply with an opinion on the key question. "Where do demons come from? Who or what were they before they became demons?"

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
demons were originally angels that were created by God.I don't know how more straight forward that can be
smile.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(RaddSpencer;49715)
HEHEHE, Its not like I seek them out, but yes, there was an evil spirit that was in my parents house once. (My parents bought this antique chest from an auction --- and it hitched a ride to my parent's house). My mother told it to leave in Jesus's name, and it had to leave. However, she had to be very specific.1. Never set foot anywhere in the house,2. Never set foot on the property. If you tell these unclean spirits to leave in JESUS's name --- they have to go. That spirit has not been back to my parents house since. These spirits aren't afraid of YOU, they are afraid of the Holy Spirit (and for good reason too). The Holy Spirit really is the key.
Tried doing that several times in His name... it doesn't work for me...it's like my evilness is stuck with me...yes I feel lonely...

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
thesuperjag your evilness is not stuck with you. Satan likes to convince us that we don't have the authority to do these things. Maybe the answer for you is find some Christians that know what their authority in Christ is and allow them to help you? Sometimes it is hard for us to understand and exercise the authority that being in Christ gives us. God bless you.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Nyoka;49784)
thesuperjag your evilness is not stuck with you. Satan likes to convince us that we don't have the authority to do these things. Maybe the answer for you is find some Christians that know what their authority in Christ is and allow them to help you? Sometimes it is hard for us to understand and exercise the authority that being in Christ gives us. God bless you.
Not possible at this time and yes I know I have the authority to rebuke devils...I just don't want to give any detail...

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
Fair enough thesuperjag. I know it isn't much but I will pray for you :pray3:

Alistein

May 4, 2008
(thesuperjag;49786)
Not possible at this time and yes I know I have the authority to rebuke devils...I just don't want to give any detail...
If you're interested I could recommend a teaching site with a lot of free resources on the said topic.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
No thanks, the only recommendation is let God Himself alone teaches me...not men...

Alistein

May 4, 2008
(thesuperjag;49868)
No thanks, the only recommendation is let God Himself alone teaches me...not men...
Suit yourself.

EGR

Feb 15, 2008
(Super Kal;49752)
demons were originally angels that were created by God.I don't know how more straight forward that can be
smile.gif

Pretty straight foward, but it remains 1 particular opinion. As I said in the original posting, it is very strongly disputed by some very biblically knowledgeable people I know. I was hoping to see if there are any other opinions out there as to where demons originate.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(Nyoka;49784)
This is true.Superjag may be struggling in someway in his/her relationship with God, and may need help from other brothers and sisters.However, that evil spirit (that I mentioned earlier) never bothered me or my dad (or maybe we were just clueless, I don't know). It seemed to only reveal itself to my mother and sister. My mom and sis actually kicked it out of the house, with Jesus's authority.IT LEFT. It didn't want to leave, but it had to go, and you know what, that old chest never popped or creaked again, or made any other sound at night. (I figured it made sounds because it was old).I think the reason it didn't pester me and my dad because:1. It was a coward --- picking on women etc...2. I think it knew we would instantaneously tell it to go, without any hesitation if it revealed itself.I really get the idea that these evil spirits don't want to pester Christian men, at all. They seem to want to bully and kick around women and children.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(Jerusalem Junkie;50357)
I would not lull myself into a false sense of security there Radd know what I mean?
Eh, I'll put my bets on the Holy Spirit any day. I'm "secure" that He will win the fight. "Ding ding ding" HEHEHEHE
biggrin.gif
However, if you are an unbeliever, and you are surrounded by evil spirits --- you are "up the creek".IDK, maybe we see the Holy Spirit differently, eh?

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(Jerusalem Junkie;50359)
Yeah I guess we do at that......
Brother, Thats why I like to call the Holy Spirit, "the Spirit of Samson".Judges 14:66. The Spirit of the LORD came upon him mightily, so that he tore him as one tears a young goat though he had nothing in his hand; but he did not tell his father or mother what he had done.I figure of the Holy Spirit can turn a man into the incredible hulk, who can kill 1000 Philistines with a donkey's jawbone -- He can get rid of some pesky evil spirits. 17The seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name." 18And He said to them, "I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. 19"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. 20"Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven." Luke 10:17-20Jesus Himself told us that we Christians have authority over demons in HIS name. I believe the Lord, and I believe in His strength.Brother, have faith in the Lord. He is worlds stronger than the devil and his motley crew.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
We are given authority over demons, Jesus told us himself. But not every christian knows that, and those are the ones that are at greater risk than the rest of us. Not to say it isn't possible for a demon to attack someone who does understand this, but obviously it wouldn't do much good as you could immediatley cast it out. I know little to nothing about demons, never studied them, all I need to know is that I have power over them b/c I have Jesus.

jtartar

Mar 14, 2008
(EGR;49436)
A topic we have for our next bible study... "What are deamons? Who are they? Where do they come from? What is their purpose? In what ways do they manifest/affect our lives?"A first response was that they are some of the fallen angels that fell with Satan. A very knowledgeable leader amoung us said this is incorrect though. Angels have their own bodies and thus are not able to take possesion of another being. They can have huge influences on them but are not able to reside in another body. Deamons however, have no body of their own and must occupy another body in order to manifest or achieve what they desire to do.Any suggested answers to the first questions?Thanks for your insights.:bible:
EGR, Demons or Daemons are the same; they are fallen angels, angels that follow Satan and rebelled against God. We are not left to guess about this. Remember when Jesus walked the earth, he expelled many demons, Matt 8:28,29, Notice what these demons said as recorded by Luke 8:28-31. They kept asking Jesus not to send them to the abyss before the apointed time. This shows that the demons are the same fallen angels that left their original dwelling place to come to earth, materialize bodies and marry the daughters of men, at the time just before the flood, Gen 6:1-4. The same demons are mentioned by Jude at Jude 6, and Peter at 2Pet 2:4, and Jesus at Matt 25:41. The Bible speaks of a third of the angels came to earth with Satan, when there was a war in heaven and Satan and his demons were thrown down to the earth, Rev 12:3,4, 7-9. If you look for a time in man's history when conditions went very badly quickly, it was in 1914, at the beginning of WW1. Things have progressively gotten worse since that time, wars, famine, pestilences, earthquakes, and many other bad conditions. WHY??? Because Satan and his Demons have been thrown down to earth!!! Is this not exactly what we should expect??? Rev 12:12. Conditions will continue to worsen until Jesus comes to bring an end to this system, at Armageddon, Rev 16:16, Rev 19:11-21.