What are the detriments of hatred towards God, and others (Or just hatred alone)?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the detriments of hatred towards God, and others (Or just hatred alone)?

Founded in the Bible?

What is the detriments of hatred?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul wrote to the people in Ephesus,

Ephesisans 4:31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A various law, from Leviticus;

Leviticus 19:17
17 ‘You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely [b]rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him.

To not entertain the idea of hatred from another; nor hate your brother in your heart is what is spoken here, but why?

What does hatred end up causing? Problems? Right.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 10:12
12 Hatred stirs up strife,
But love covers all sins.

Love covers all sins - praise God for Jesus Christ and his love, but hatred stirs up strife.

Proverbs 15:17
17 Better is a dinner of [a]herbs where love is,
Than a fatted calf with hatred.

It's easier to get through dinner with a place that is filled with love, and ease, than being somewhere where hatred is puffed up like a fatted calf.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2: 9 Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister[a] is still in the darkness.

Can Christians hate? Absolutely they can; they can hate just cause someone disagrees with them, or they can hate someone who may believe a different way than them in some areas, however when they do this, they start to wallow in the darkness. Especially being someone who claims to be in the light. They still have darkness in them, that needs to be address by the Lord God Almighty. And it is up to them to turn from there ways in repentence when those times come; and the more one does it; the more easier it is to not get back into the abyss.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps I am wrong in saying that can Christians hate? Well no, it is the flesh that desires to hate.

It could be hating someone just cause they said anything to you,
It could be hating someone just cause they have a different viewpoint,
It could be hating just because you with-in yourself are desirous to hate.
It could be hating an animal, or a child, or nature, or yourself.

Hatred stims from the flesh - and not Christ - with-in Christians believers.

1 John 3:15
15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Whoever hate his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

I have asked people before if they ever murdered someone before, and the answer normally is no.

Well in the context of eternal life - a murderer is someone hates his own brother. And there have been times all people have done this.

So in essences we are all murderers.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps I am wrong in saying that can Christians hate? Well no, it is the flesh that desires to hate.

It could be hating someone just cause they said anything to you,
It could be hating someone just cause they have a different viewpoint,
It could be hating just because you with-in yourself are desirous to hate.
It could be hating an animal, or a child, or nature, or yourself.

Hatred stims from the flesh - and not Christ - with-in Christians believers.

1 John 3:15
15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Whoever hate his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

I have asked people before if they ever murdered someone before, and the answer normally is no.

Well in the context of eternal life - a murderer is someone hates his own brother. And there have been times all people have done this.

So in essences we are all murderers.

"Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.
Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph." Amos 5:14-15

Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

"I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,
And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness." Mal 1:2-3

So, it may be confusing to us if we do not understand what "good" is:

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." Mark 10:18

"None "good" but One", and so it is and as John writes:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

If we in any part are "good" is it not because of God in us and/or working in us? We are to be like Him and as we approach that likeness is it not the "good" [godly part] in us that is moving us closer to Him?

God hates Esau, why? Because he went from bad to worse. What is it that God hates? The evil! Apparently in the end there was nothing good left in Esau in the eyes of God.

"He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath." Matt 13:11-12

Is this not what happened to Esau? Like every man in his beginning, he had hope of coming to God and becoming like Him. But when he rejected his hope, the hope that he had was taken away... and there was finally no room for him to repent. That was taken away.

When there is only evil left then God as love [the Right hand of God?] no longer responds. God does not [not with His Right hand] respond to evil. Apparently, this loss of any possible connection with God is what the scripture calls "hate". In other words, for a God who is Love, no response at all might be described as "hate" [the Left hand of God?].

What was the end of Esau?

"For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears." Heb 12:17

Do we know when a person has reached that place where God will no longer respond to him at all? "No place of repentance" [unforgiveable sin?] Usually not.

God might show us what is happening with another person, but unless He does specifically show us, we should not give up hope and we should continue to pray for that person...

"And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons." I Sam 16:1