What are we being saved from?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we are saved we view it as receiving eternal life and a heavenly kingdom. And most stop there and miss the importance of our need of salvation in our daily life which God our creator desires to show us from a place of wisdom, understanding and knowledge.
Salvation is essentially deliverance. Deliverance from (1) the penalty of sin, (2) the power of sin, and (3) the presence of sin. Therefore it includes justification, regeneration, sanctification, glorification, and perfection. We are saved from the power of sin, death, Hades, Hell, and Satan. We are also saved from the power of the sin nature, and the Bible says that "sin shall not have dominion over you". Salvation is God's work on those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. And what God begins He will also finish.

Reactions: Mark Balicki

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic of hell as such does not get talked about enough... perhaps....
However... I have found a great many Christians seem very eager to be sending people there.
Hmmm, how do we send to folks to hell? , except to help lead them there.
On another note I see you are in Canada, we are waiting for your border to open so my wife can visit family, and we get dental work done there it cheaper and better at least the dentist we see there.