What are we being saved from?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made this video concerning one of the real reasons for salvation. It is the cause and effect of all things. And there is only one who can lead us into the knowledge of how we overcome it and through whose power we need to do it.

Sometimes, in our daily life it is easy to ignore the real reason we need God's salvation. If we are saved we view it as receiving eternal life and a heavenly kingdom. And most stop there and miss the importance of our need of salvation in our daily life which God our creator desires to show us from a place of wisdom, understanding and knowledge.

So many see eternal life as destination, not realizing you have been offered an opportunity to be saved from what can destroy you today and for the rest of life eternally whatever that may look like in the future. What I am talking about in this video is what took out 1/3 of the angels, wiped out humanity once from the face of the earth except for 8 and will again bring about a great judgement on humanity who reject God's help to live right, even professing christians if they willful carry on in sin rejecting God's Spirit.

If you watch the video let me know what you think concerning your thoughts on salvation.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting that you asked about the word SAVED, because the word translated as saved, is the word Sozo - which means to be completely made whole - spiritually with the forgiveness of sins, and healed emotionally, and healed physically.
Thus it’s translated as ‘saved’ and ‘healed’, both.
Jesus has already paid for our spiritual, physical, and emotional healing with His atonement.
Here’s the Greek dictionary on Sozo:
G4982 (Strong)

σώζω

sōzō

sode'-zo

From a primary word σῶς sōs̄ (contraction for the obsolete σάος saos, “safe”); to save, that is, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively): - heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.

Total KJV occurrences: 110

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting that you asked about the word SAVED, because the word translated as saved, is the word Sozo - which means to be completely made whole - spiritually with the forgiveness of sins, and healed emotionally, and healed physically.
Thus it’s translated as ‘saved’ and ‘healed’, both.
Jesus has already paid for our spiritual, physical, and emotional healing with His atonement.
Here’s the Greek dictionary on Sozo:
G4982 (Strong)

σώζω

sōzō

sode'-zo

From a primary word σῶς sōs̄ (contraction for the obsolete σάος saos, “safe”); to save, that is, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively): - heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.

Total KJV occurrences: 110
Glad you posted this what a wonderful result of being saved. What a gracious God we serve. It is painful to me when too many do know take the time to know God/Jesus Christ and the work already done for us so we can have the good life God wanted us to have in Him. How we turn away to live in sin, how we resist the Spirit of God. Only be His grace and mercy! and our cooperation will we be saved. Jesus died and has given us the opportunity to be reconciled. What more can God give us and by this we will be judge.

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This doesn't get talked about enough.
The topic of hell as such does not get talked about enough... perhaps....
However... I have found a great many Christians seem very eager to be sending people there.
An inconvenient truth. Isn't that what it is called. No seemingly set of consequences, no reason to change and no reason to stop believing in lies. No fear of God.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
An inconvenient truth. Isn't that what it is called. No seemingly set of consequences, no reason to change and no reason to stop believing in lies. No fear of God.
The God I believe in promises that HE will begin what HE has begun in me... which is a good work. I have no fear of hell.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The God I believe in promises that HE will [finish] what HE has begun in me... which is a good work. I have no fear of hell.
Steve Brown talks about the "footprints in the sand" and describes his "drag marks" as God pulled him from where he was to where he is today. ;)

I can relate to that. :cool:

Philippians 2:12-13 [NASB]
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to desire and to work for His good pleasure.​

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Steve Brown talks about the "footprints in the sand" and describes his "drag marks" as God pulled him from where he was to where he is today. ;)

I can relate to that. :cool:

Philippians 2:12-13 [NASB]
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to desire and to work for His good pleasure.
This is BEAUTIFUL.... I can relate to that also....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mark Balicki

Saved from death but what happens if the empty spaces which held death are not filled with something good, something Alive instead of more death?

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." Matt 12:43-45

"...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" John 10:10

Reactions: Mark Balicki

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mark Balicki

Saved from death but what happens if the empty spaces which held death are not filled with something good, something Alive instead of more death?

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." Matt 12:43-45

"...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" John 10:10
Yeah it is more than coming to the Lord for whatever reason at the time, maybe simply for conscience sake at the time. But we received Son/daughtership, kingship, trust add whatever metaphor to this. But we are obligated to a Lordship, a belief, a Kingdom and a God who desires us to participate in what is acceptable and right. He has provided and continues to provide grace to do so and mercy to cover us in the process. Otherwise you are right, we really make ourselves enemies of the cross refusing to change and be filled which His rulership. We think we can live our own ways and do what we want. That's the reason most people who are Christians attack folks who take a strong stance against what is wrong and doing the what is right.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In my version, Jesus turns to me with this puzzled look on His face, asks me, Wait a minute . . . where were you seeing TWO sets of footprints??

Much love!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my version, Jesus turns to me with this puzzled look on His face, asks me, Wait a minute . . . where were you seeing TWO sets of footprints??

Much love!
According to Calvinism, you’re always dragged everywhere at all times, with no choice in anything.

That’s where that came from...

forever

Jul 7, 2021
Kampen
Faith
Christian
Country
Netherlands
Your self.
^^ this ...
now , this may seem a bit unusual okay ,
but God tells in prophets "that this body we have is the thing we need to be saved from"

... in a beautiful Isaiah chapter
He explains how , after his souls fell [sinned] ,
all of us "were placed inside this body - upon this prison planet"

but that "Christ , who has the beauty like we see him now"
(Enoch described the same : "a beautiful young male next to the throne of God")
would "humiliate himself
- that is , lay off his divine physicality -
and assume "that hideous form" , read : manifest in óur type physical body

after his work , Isaiah tells how He was restored by God into his former being ,
and how he will be king over all the souls he made it possible for to return ,
and receive their original God-created being

...this is the REAL reason why Christ (had to) come to earth ..
because our soul had become so imprisoned downhere - by a 3d party -
that she was never , ever able to return ...

so many things are the reason we re saved from ; the I , hell , pride, etc ,
but they all derive from this situation

And there's much more to it ..; )

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^^ this ...
now , this may seem a bit unusual okay ,
but God tells in prophets "that this body we have is the thing we need to be saved from"

... in a beautiful Isaiah chapter
He explains how , after his souls fell [sinned] ,
all of us "were placed inside this body - upon this prison planet"

but that "Christ , who has the beauty like we see him now"
(Enoch described the same : "a beautiful young male next to the throne of God")
would "humiliate himself
- that is , lay off his divine physicality -
and assume "that hideous form" , read : manifest in óur type physical body

after his work , Isaiah tells how He was restored by God into his former being ,
and how he will be king over all the souls he made it possible for to return ,
and receive their original God-created being

...this is the REAL reason why Christ (had to) come to earth ..
because our soul had become so imprisoned downhere - by a 3d party -
that she was never , ever able to return ...

so many things are the reason we re saved from ; the I , hell , pride, etc ,
but they all derive from this situation

And there's much more to it ..; )
Amen! Only one whom was totaly selfless.