What Are Your Favorite Hymns?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks to @Nancy for giving me this idea for a thread. :) My favorite top four have to be Amazing Grace, Victory In Jesus, Are You Washed In The Blood of The Lamb? And finally How Beautiful Heaven Must Be. Here are my favorite renditions and bonus songs of Carrie Underwood's How Great Thou Art, In The Garden, and Alan Jackson's Old Rugged Cross. :)

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks to @Nancy for giving me this idea for a thread. :) My favorite top four have to be Amazing Grace, Victory In Jesus, Are You Washed In The Blood of The Lamb? And finally How Beautiful Heaven Must Be. Here are my favorite renditions and bonus songs of Carrie Underwood's How Great Thou Art, In The Garden, and Alan Jackson's Old Rugged Cross. :)

LOVE George Jones...did not know this song though. God rest his soul! Here's one from Johnny Cash and it never gets old!

https://youtu.be/jifaNxq7IG8

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"In the garden" was one of Mom's favorites.
One day about 2 years after she passed away, I was driving by the cemetery, and thinking about stopping and visiting her, but not really seriously considering it. I just randomly changed the radio station, and it came on in the middle of "In the garden."
I just said ok, "Mom I got your message,"
And I turned around right there and drove back to her grave, and we sang along with the rest of the hymn.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A church I used to attend sand this at the end of each service...I still sing it when alone...love it.

Reactions: Renniks

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOVE George Jones...did not know this song though. God rest his soul! Here's one from Johnny Cash and it never gets old!

I don't think that's really classified as a hymn lol but it's still a good song. This one is from Because of Winn-Dixie. :)

And here's the trailer for those of you who haven't seen it yet. :D

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the other version of Glory, Glory the movie credits version. :D

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"In the garden" was one of Mom's favorites.
One day about 2 years after she passed away, I was driving by the cemetery, and thinking about stopping and visiting her, but not really seriously considering it. I just randomly changed the radio station, and it came on in the middle of "In the garden."
I just said ok, "Mom I got your message,"
And I turned around right there and drove back to her grave, and we sang along with the rest of the hymn.
Aw, that's beautiful. He speaks to us in so many ways. And, I am now convicted as I have not been to the graves of my family in several years. Thanks for the reminder! We honor them in life and in death.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like that you included Guy Penrod. :D

Tis so sweet (A little bit of a country sound to this so assuming you probably know this album already, @April_Rose ?)

Unrelated:

You know that song, Loch Lomond? Peter Hollens ruffles my feathers a little bit because his face is on everything, but he has the best version.

I can't ever hear "Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond..."

Always hear "The bunny, bunny banks of glaucoommaa"

Reactions: Nancy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You must really like that song you posted it quite a few times on here already lol

I like that you included Guy Penrod. :D

Tis so sweet (A little bit of a country sound to this so assuming you probably know this album already, @April_Rose ?)

Unrelated:

You know that song, Loch Lomond? Peter Hollens ruffles my feathers a little bit because his face is on everything, but he has the best version.

I can't ever hear "Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond..."

Always hear "The bunny, bunny banks of glaucoommaa"

Glad you liked Guy Penrod but I don't know any of the other music posted so far as I was just eating dinner and got to get caught up. @Michael1985 I really like the second song that you posted though. :)

Reactions: DuckieLady

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must really like that song you posted it quite a few times on here already lol

Glad you liked Guy Penrod but I don't know any of the other music posted so far as I was just eating dinner and got to get caught up. @Michael1985 I really like the second song that you posted though. :)
Like I said, It never gets old...but then, i do love the Johnny :)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did I really? I remember posting "Thou you slay me" by Shane and Shane but IDK maybe I did. :D

It's the theme of the last year for me

Reactions: April_Rose