What are your thoughts on this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
Proverbs 6:6-8(KJV)6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: 7 Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, 8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest. When I first read: this verse I thought ,"An ant?" I kept reading and still thinking about the ant. It talked about how the ant work hard at gathering food all summer, to store it up for the harvest; even though she has no guide or ruler. Ahh, I see. I begin to visualize the ant in my mind, so small, but if you ever watched an ant carrying a piece of food (to it's anthill) ... no matter how longggg or far away, that ant will struggle, carrying that piece of food (sometimes even dropping it along the way) but never quits? Never gives up! Be like that ant...determine and hard working at making provisions. Don't be lazy! This just my simple thoughts on it .....I know it may be more to it than what I see. I did read the whole chapter and did pay attention to what I read..but it seems that this part stuck out in my mind. You ever have that happen to you? I just wanted to share it here and get more of my sisters and brothers thoughts on it?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You have it exactly right Lookin4ward the sluggard is lazy Gods telling him to go watch the ant for all the reasons you have quoted. Thats why God uses nature so often it is simple and we can see it in picture (real) form. Isnt God's Word so amazing.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;64324)
You have it exactly right Lookin4ward the sluggard is lazy Gods telling him to go watch the ant for all the reasons you have quoted. Thats why God uses nature so often it is simple and we can see it in picture (real) form. Isnt God's Word so amazing.
Wow, I'm learning on the way. You know it reminds me of this verse. But I want comments on what you guys say / think.II Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.Slackness = slowSlugs are slow.What I'm trying to say here is some men counts slugs. They count lazyness, they count God as a slug. But God is the "Super-Ant"
biggrin.gif
Therefore false doctrine are slugs believers. Learning the real Truth is way faster than a slug. I hope you guys understand what I mean by that.

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
Yes it is (((((Kriss))))Sometimes when i read the scriptures it is like they come alive not only in my heart but likeI can see them with such clarity.
smile.gif
Jordan, I think I know what you are trying to say, not sure. Can you explain a little more?Thanks so much.
smile.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Lookin'4wardtoHeaven;64375)
Yes it is (((((Kriss))))Sometimes when i read the scriptures it is like they come alive not only in my heart but right I can see them with such clarity.
smile.gif
Jordan, I think I know what you are trying to say, not sure. Can you explain a little more?Thanks so much.
smile.gif

How about, I'll try this in another way. If we love the Truth, and follow His ways do we move forward, are we not ants? If we follow men and Satan, do we move backwards (backsliding), are we not slugs?

cedarhart

When good men do nothing, evil will triumph.Take a
Nov 17, 2008
The Ant and the GrasshopperIn a field one summer's day a Grasshopper was hopping about, chirping and singing to its heart's content. An Ant walked by, grunting as he carried a plump kernel of corn."Where are you off to with that heavy thing?" asked the Grasshopper.Without stopping, the Ant replied, "To our ant hill. This is the third kernel I've delivered today.""Why not come and sing with me," said the Grasshopper, "instead of working so hard?" "I am helping to store food for the winter," said the Ant, "and think you should do the same." "Why bother about winter?" said the Grasshopper; "we have plenty of food right now." But the Ant went on its way and continued its work.The weather soon turned cold. All the food lying in the field was covered with a thick white blanket of snow that even the grasshopper could not dig through. Soon the Grasshopper found itself dying of hunger.He staggered to the ants' hill and saw them handing out corn from the stores they had collected in the summer.Then the Grasshopper knew:It is best to prepare for the days of necessity. In these end times, one might decide to choose wisely and PLAN AHEAD....... There is always that "what IF" factor that needs to be dealt with. Just as one would prepare for a destructive storm approaching, we can draw a comparison to the approach of the Tribulation. Most importantly, have your Soul prepared and filled with knowledge of what to expect from the antichrist in order to recognize his antics.Cedarhart

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spot on Lookin' and Cedar!God doesn't look kindly upon the lazy. Proverbs is the book that deals with wisdom and so it's a good one to listen to and apply as much as possible. God provides us with many types and examples, and even the tiny yet industrious ant is one of them.

blessed1195

Nov 9, 2007
Besides the physical aspects of preparing for hard times ahead as the ants do, we should also look at this on a spiritual level to be wise:Like the ants,we should seek the meat (GOD's word )in the summer, before it is too late to receive GOD's word (the famine of Amos 8:11)and it is harvest time ( the end of the world- Mt 13:39) Please read this:Amos 8:11"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: 12: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it." Listen to what Jesus will say to those who didn't prepare ahead and never studied GOD's word: Matt 720: "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. "To study this on a deeper level, please read Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21. The people that do not study GOD's word (the meat) beforehand and do not know the chronological events of things to come, will be deceived by the Anti-Christ and will believe he is Jesus Christ. Rev12:9: "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels( see Jude) were cast out with him." and Revelation 6:16"And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:" (Because they were deceived.)