What Christians must do to inherit eternal life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
shturt678 said:
Our Lord only wants us to make sure we're producing "much fruit," ie, not working for our salvation, or just "fruit" being the point of this allegorical forever warning. There is a dark part of the allegory in v.6 that I'll let you scrutinize.
And much fruit is produced by the working OUT of our salvation. Let's not confuse doing works to gain something and the practical working out of something. I find this a sticky point for some people (not necessarily you, shturt).

The "work out your salvation" is an unfoldment. In Him we Live and move and have our Being. Loose the coverings that blind us and we become more and more aware of the Divine within. Our awareness unfolds as we work it out. And much fruit is produced.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
zeke25 said:
... please, tell me which one you pick. I can explain any one that you pick, if you will just identify it.
I just tacked a copy of the 31 on my dart board.
With my back to it, I threw a dart and it pierced the following passage:

[SIZE=10pt]“Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.” (James 1:12-16)[/SIZE]
P.S. I can prove that the crown of life refers to salvation, eternal life, etc.
P.S. Thou knowest we have many Scriptures about sin producing eternal death, right?

Dis passage is talkin' about every human on da planet ... gee, even you!

But, I must admit, it's just another boring WARNING about habitual sinners going to hell ... gee, even you!

If thou deosn't care for this one, I'd be happy to throw another dart.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Your an ignominious and you got found out, now your carrying on like an idiot.

What a surprise :rolleyes:

Proverbs 14:7-9 - Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.

and so I take my leave... :)

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
evangelist-7 said:
Praise the Lord ... for thou art NOT open to any correction of your spiritual understanding!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I don't understand all this correction stuff.....and as far as i see it.. MaDad....needs no correction.....now, I know he is willing to learn as we all are.....but.....if you are a Christian...........and what I mean by a Christian is......you have been born again and have asked Jesus into your heart and asked Him to forgive you of all your sins.....
Now....
If you are that......then you should be rejoicing with your brother as the angels do.

But...........if you're not that Christian....then we recognize it only as an attack. From shall I say...a satan christian....

So which one you be? Because...Christian vs Christian should not be.

A true born again believer recognizes the holy spirit in them...............but our spirit also knows when to alert us and to look into the eyes whom we don't recognize.....and say.......who are you?

But if you be a true born again believer.......then we take your statements as helping.

maybe...we just need to know where you be comin from..........maybe that was lost some how on these posts.

Maybe...ya want to start over.......go ahead take it from the top.

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
If one were to endure
within the temptation to judge another
those thoughts of judgment
may be transformed into
the Crown of Life.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
ajdiamond said:
If one were to endure
within the temptation to judge another
those thoughts of judgment
may be transformed into
the Crown of Life.
No, you are right and so I am rebuked and I apologize.
But the scripture still stands.

RANDOR said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I don't understand all this correction stuff.....and as far as i see it.. MaDad....needs no correction.....now,
Love ya too brother

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
Dear Evangelist-7,

James 1:12-16 KJV, “12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.” Who is James talking to? The answer: “he shall receive the crown of life”. He is talking to those who have yet to receive the crown of life. I think it would be a good call to say that those who have received the crown of life are born again and have received eternal life. But the target audience of James are those who have not received the crown of life yet. Who are “my beloved brethren”? They are not the saved. Verse one tells us that James is addressing the twelve tribes, his kinsmen in the flesh, not his kinsmen in the spirit.

If your exegesis were correct, then you are accusing God the Father of making a mistake. You’re a braver and more knowledgable man than I. Here is where your accusation enters into the picture.

1 Peter 1:1-2 KJV, “1 Peter, an apostle of [Yahoshua the] Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of [Yahoshua the] Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.” Who are the strangers? Peter is talking to the saved, the born again believers, these are the strangers. We are strange to this world, because we are in the world but not of this world. Some translations actually spell it out and say “strangers in the world”. Who are the elect? The same answer applies. The elect are the strangers, the saved, the born again. God the Father has elected them in accordance with His foreknowledge. If even one of these “elect” become unelected, then God has made a mistake. Not!

So, Evangelist-7, is this what you really mean? Are you willing to accuse God of making a mistake. I don’t think you really understand that this is where your theology has taken you. Would you like to reconsider? Because I have more Scriptures that I can share. You have also accused the Holy Ghost of being weak and powerless and the Son of being a liar. Do we need to visit those verses as well?

Rick

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
zeke25 said:
Dear Evangelist-7,

James 1:12-16 KJV, “12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.” Who is James talking to? The answer: “he shall receive the crown of life”. He is talking to those who have yet to receive the crown of life. I think it would be a good call to say that those who have received the crown of life are born again and have received eternal life. But the target audience of James are those who have not received the crown of life yet. Who are “my beloved brethren”? They are not the saved. Verse one tells us that James is addressing the twelve tribes, his kinsmen in the flesh, not his kinsmen in the spirit.
Da Rickster strikes again!

News Flash ... dis epistle wuz written to Jewish believers!

Oh, what fun dis iz ... talkin' to people who might possibly be BACs, but don't understand spiritual Truth!

P. S. As a start, 'tis necessary to know the value and meaning of words!
Which is to say ... if you were educated in America, you're at a great disadvantage.
Butski, keep on a-keepin' on anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dis is a TEST ... What is Paul's #1 reason for writing these 8 verses in Romans 6?

6:15 “What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!”
This verse is a repeat of Romans 6:1-2 ...
“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?”

6:16 “Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death,
OR (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?”

6:17 “But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin,
yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.”

6:18 “And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.”

6:19 “I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh.
For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness,
and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness,
so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.”

6:20 “For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.”

6:21 “What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed?
For the end of those things is (eternal) death.”

6:22 “But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God,
you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.”

6:23 “For the wages of sin is (eternal) death,
but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
Evangelist-7

Obviously you are sandbagging. You have some hidden knowledge that you are not sharing with the rest of us. What is your extra-biblical source that is greater than the Bible? You cannot dogmatically state that James was speaking to Jewish born agains, when the Scriptures show that he was not, except that you provide the evidence that overrides the Scriptures (and there is none).

And, you have ignored the fact that you have accused the Father of making mistakes, you have accused the Holy Ghost of being weak and powerless, and you have accused the Son of being a liar. You can ignore these things all you want. But the day will come when you will stand before the judgment throne of Christ and be held accountable for your blasphemy.

In the meantime, the children need their food. And you are not hungry. If you repent, let me know, and I’ll share more with you; otherwise, there are many I must attend to.

In Christ,
Rick

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
evangelist-7 said:

Oh, what fun dis iz ... talkin' to people who might possibly be BACs, but don't understand spiritual Truth!
I KNEW IT!........I KNEW IT AGAIN....The spirit which is in me is Gooooooooooood :)

I knew this guy isn't a born again believer. Let me let you in on a little secret here bub.....come closer....a little closer.....

The Holy spirit....ya know...the one you recieve when ya are born again.........doesn't jump for joy.....when I read what you type....
now why is that.......................I'm not gettin any Goooooosebumps...at your writings. And for the life of me I can't figure out what you want to say or are trying to say....and if I remember correctly...you didn't respond to the upper post lets see what # was that...oh-ya..#45

Ya know that scripture where the demon sayzzzzzzzzz Jesus I know...Paul I know.....well...I'm pretty sure if I was a demon...I would say to evangelist-7 WHO ARE YOU? of course with a deep dark rumbling voice :)

And ya know what's really funny..........your emphasis on being educated in America............here's a news flash Kimo-Sabe...Jesus is everywhere...and ya know what?.............now here's the kicker..............

HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE STUDIED....................HE WANTS TO BE KNOWN!

But hey.........................if ya want to keep on studying the Jesus who sits beside me and the rest of the Born Agains in here ...have at it.

I bet...you had a real bad child hood and some kid called himself born again and bullied ya day and night.

But guess what.......you be talkin to the Real McCoy's here....so far your scriptures have made no sence....Plus you said you are having fun talking to BAC that don't understand spiritual truth....
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm that's all we are is spiritual.......so we talk spititually....no need for scriptures....grown past that......look at it this way.....lets say scriptures are like drugs.........they all come in a package...and you take your dose.....all of them......but some people don't like the ones that don't suit their taste...so they throw those out.....bad boy! Thus you high will never be achieved.

And trust me....I'm not mad.....but sad...........that you have listened to someones teaching and have never been shown.
Jesus waits to show you....I mean a one on one situation..........go talk to Him......oh...but make sure it is Him.....here's a clue...
He will be the one holding you in His arms just loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving you and loving and loving you
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa †

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no offense guys, but this thread is kind of embarrassing. do you guys think you are gansters or something? it reads like a pissing contest.......doctrine doesnt save.....neither do goosebumps, for that matter. remember, tons of people are reading this stuff. less posturing...more loving. thanks
no offense guys, but this thread is kind of embarrassing. do you guys think you are gansters or something? it reads like a pissing contest.......doctrine doesnt save.....neither do goosebumps, for that matter. remember, tons of people are reading this stuff. less posturing...more loving. thanks
sorry about the double post

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
I don't know about you guys....but my butt is sore after that spankin :unsure:
Now.......where's that water bottle? :rolleyes:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not meaning to attack you, Randor

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
No.......you are correct.....gotz to keep us old men in line...............but hey.....ya gotz to admit....we still got it :)

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
zeke25 said:
Evangelist-7
You cannot dogmatically state that James was speaking to Jewish born agains, when the Scriptures show that he was not, except that you provide the evidence that overrides the Scriptures (and there is none).
You iz just going to have to search it out instead of trusting in your own understanding.
So, let us know WHO says James is writing to non-BACs! Thanks.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
evangelist-7 said:
You iz just going to have to search it out instead of trusting in your own understanding.
So, let us know WHO says James is writing to non-BACs! Thanks.
I already answered that question. James 1:1 says he is writing to the 12 tribes. Not all of those were saved. The Holy Ghost wrote this through James, 2 Timothy 3:16.

Also, let me clarify some of what I previously said.

(1) “I think it would be a good call to say that those who have received the crown of life are born again and have received eternal life.”

More accurately stated would be: “I think it would be a good call to say that those who will receive the crown of life are born again and have received eternal life.”

(2) “Who are ‘my beloved brethren’? They are not the saved. Verse one tells us that James is addressing the twelve tribes, his kinsmen in the flesh, not his kinsmen in the spirit.”

More accurately stated would be: “Who are ‘my beloved brethren’? They are not the saved. Verse one tells us that James is addressing the twelve tribes, his kinsmen in the flesh, not his kinsmen in the spirit. However, we can reasonably assume that some of these in the twelve tribes had become saved (for example, on the day of Pentecost, the 3000), but not all. James had a heart for his Jewish brethren. He was writing to all of them, not just the saved.”

So, Evangelist-7, thank you again for answering my question: “You cannot dogmatically state that James was speaking to Jewish born agains, when the Scriptures show that he was not, except that you provide the evidence that overrides the Scriptures (and there is none).” You have referred to this statement I made, but have given no source for your dogma, because you have no valid source.

But I suspect that you still will not repent, because you have revealed your hatred of BACs. You need healing in that area. Even today, my wife and I came across two ministries in the Farmers’ Markets and Swap Meets that we went to. They were doing good works, but when born again was mentioned they noticeably whinced. In fact, the mother church of one of them had actually spoken to me quite plainly when I asked the greeter at the church door. I asked, “Do you have born again Christians here?” The reply was mustered up with vemon and hatred, “We don’t have any of those born again Christians in this church.” I attended there for several weeks, and the greeter was right, there were no BACs there, except me. What do you think Christ meant in John 3:3?

Christ calls you to repentance - He wishes none to be lost. He died for you too. He deserves the harvest of His labors.

In Christ,
Rick

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Sin is transgression of law. Love is the fulfillment of the law. There are plenty of people who can endure the process of behavior modification, overcoming many sinful lusts, habits, and desires. However, these do not save a person. Even unbelievers can clean up their lives. But the point of the law was to show us that there is no law given that can give (eternal, everlasting) life. (Gal.3:21). Thus, salvation comes by way of a free gift, received by faith. If we could in fact deserve salvation through the abstaining of sin, then why on earth would Jesus have had to endure the pain and suffering of the cross, becoming as sin for us, so that we could be forgiven? The truth is that Jesus took charge and took care of the sin issue. The new covenant is based on a promise from God that "their sins and lawless deeds, I will remember no more".

Salvation, and the working out of the same, is a process that includes the love of God poured into our lives in several ways. The first is the experience of being loved by God. The gospel is the message of His love. After receiving the good news, one can respond, be reconciled to God (2Cor.5:19,20), and receive the new birth. This birth is that of our spirit man being changed and made holy and righteous (Eph.4:24). This is through His seed in us (that which is born of the Spirit, is spirit). The fruit of the new spirit, the new man, is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. These relate to our treatment of and our behavior towards our fellow man. The first 3, (love, joy, peace) are things that the understanding of the gospel, the new covenant, and the love of God, minister to our hearts and give us the strength, motive, and character to love our fellow man. Love is the fulfillment of the law. Jesus will say " inasmuch as you did it to the least of these, you did it to Me".

The fact is that God was sorry (repented), that He made man. But we hear from some places that God cannot stand sin and turns from the sinner. I beg to differ, and so does scripture. God came looking for Adam and Eve. When He confronted them, He had mercy on them, removing them from access to the tree of life lest they eat of it and live forever in this condition. Then He made a covering for them. The consequences of sin were explained both before and after the fall. But in no place can we find that God is so holy that He will not approach or converse with a sinner. In fact, Satan walked right into His presence and had a discussion with God about Job. Jesus Himself became a friend of tax collectors and sinners.

He knows our state of being. He alone can solve this problem, and His solution is to do away with mankind altogether and turn the redeemed into a new species. His promise to Abraham was that this was a huge number, as the sand of the sea. We see the fulfillment of this in John's vision of the multitude around the throne that could not be numbered. In this present life, those who are in Christ are in fact new creations already. But this treasure is in an earthen vessel (2Cor.4:7). We are not yet made complete. This will not happen until we shed this man of sin that we carry around...in the resurrection.

Until then the flesh lusts against our spirit and the spirit against the flesh, so that we do not do the things we wish. We all wish we were walking in absolute righteousness. But we do not. The carnal mind measures these things according to man's measure. We compare man with man. But when we compare ourselves with God, we all fall short, even the most righteous Christian.

Sin is identified and determined by one thing and one thing alone: the law. And according to the law, we all fall short, containing this treasure in a body of sin. God therefore has solved this problem by removing us from under the law. Where there is no law, there is no transgression. Therefore Jesus promised that we would not come under judgement (John 5:24). Having passed from death to life, as the passage says, we are exempt from the judgement of the law.
This was accomplished by proxy. The old man of sin is declared dead, crucified with Christ. Our flesh carries the sentence and penalty of death. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kindom of God. The postion that our old man has with God is that He is dead, having died for his sin by proxy with Christ. Forgiveness of sin is based on the fact that sin has been punished already. Justice has been served.

In the future, the only people that will endure His wrath are those who are not in Christ, having never been in Christ. Thus as the op reveals, He will say "I never knew you". Is there anyone here that He does not know? I doubt it.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
zeke25 said:
James 1:1 says he is writing to the 12 tribes. Not all of those were saved.
Aaaah, just caught it ... you mean he was writing to the CHURCHES after all?

Note: all of the epistle writers were writing to CHURCHES.
Tink everyone sittin' in da pews were saved?

I encourage you again to check around and see what others say about WHO James wuz writing to.

Meanwhile, how're you doing with the Romans 6? ... Care to take a crack @ it?

williemac said:
Thus as the op reveals, He will say "I never knew you". Is there anyone here that He does not know? I doubt it.
I enjoyed a lot of your post.
But, did you miss the point of the opening passage?
It's all about DOING GOD's WILL.

And there is more to it than simply Jesus knowing a person ...

John 10:
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish;
neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

Romans 8:24 Those who are led by God's Spirit are sons of God.

An enormous part of DOING GOD's WILL is
following Jesus and being led by God's Spirit.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Madad21 said:
Yes as far as the OP goes there was a good point to the matter in which you bring up, and that is faith without deeds (fruit) is dead James 2:17.
By which if there is not a battle raging within every one of us as with Paul's two Laws at odds, then we find ourselves at risk of such pruning.
Thank you for your response again!

Great! Not even any work righteousness will work, ie, deeds unto our Lord - Thank you Jesus!

Old Jack needing some Reeses Butter Cups as feel like Ruff this morning.
ajdiamond said:
And much fruit is produced by the working OUT of our salvation. Let's not confuse doing works to gain something and the practical working out of something. I find this a sticky point for some people (not necessarily you, shturt).

The "work out your salvation" is an unfoldment. In Him we Live and move and have our Being. Loose the coverings that blind us and we become more and more aware of the Divine within. Our awareness unfolds as we work it out. And much fruit is produced.
Thank you for your response!

Phil.2:12 has been always one of my favorites, ie, only wanted to share another point. Paul is speaking of the 'obedience of the gospel' which is includes the obedience of faith as well a of life is meant. The holy fear trembles at the thought of doing or even omitting anything that will offend God, compel Him to turn away and thus endanger our salvation. It's not a dread that we may after all be damned; it's shrinking away from all carelessness in faith and in life.

Old Jack evening raising the bar today due to Phil. and you good folks, ie, putting my work clothes on.
evangelist-7 said:

P. S. As a start, 'tis necessary to know the value and meaning of words!
Which is to say ... if you were educated in America, you're at a great disadvantage.
Butski, keep on a-keepin' on anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dis is a TEST ... What is Paul's #1 reason for writing these 8 verses in Romans 6?

6:15 “What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!”
This verse is a repeat of Romans 6:1-2 ...
“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?”

6:16 “Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death,
OR (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?”

6:17 “But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin,
yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.”

6:18 “And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.”

6:19 “I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh.
For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness,
and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness,
so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.”

6:20 “For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.”

6:21 “What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed?
For the end of those things is (eternal) death.”

6:22 “But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God,
you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.”

6:23 “For the wages of sin is (eternal) death,
but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Thank you for caring again, and a word of encouragement from ol' Jack

I agree with you that the recipients of James were Jewish Christians as an example; however you and I agree to disagree in the essentials of the faith (this is in the "majors" sir) without a doubt per the Creeds although we're both Christians thus you may at times be correct in the minors or in the majors where others may be correct also in the minors or majos at times.

Even if you were correct all the time, I don't see how saying things like "Da Rickster strikes again" is agaping your brother, and other comments especially when our Lord comes to idiots like myself in light of ICor.1:27? You have some good points, let's try and help others where they can help us as I sure don't have the Word in Truth, yet I claim to have a truthful understanding of it to my accountability. Embarrasing if I told you all the times so called idiots corrected me where I was in error.

Old encourager trying not to be an Jack