What Day Is The Sabbath ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And once again....You said that the Catechism ‘admits’ to this change. Can you quote from the Catechism this alleged admittance so we can discuss what the Catechism says instead of what you believe it says?
So the 'Convert's Catechism' isn't a catechism? How disappointing. Seems your church had led me astray. What they call a catechism according to them, isn't a catechism according to marymog. How sad.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you understand the premise used by the Catholic Church's representative at Luther's trial over the dispute between Bible only and tradition? Do you know how and why Luther's argument for scripture only was defeated?
Nice diversion......

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the 'Convert's Catechism' isn't a catechism? How disappointing. Seems your church had led me astray. What they call a catechism according to them, isn't a catechism according to marymog. How sad.
Nope, it is not The Catechism not matter how much you want it to be so YOU can be right.

Nope, the church didn’t lead you astray. You were just flat out wrong. Why can’t you admit that? Why do you feel the need to blame someone else for your mistake? It seems....to the best of my memory....you have done this before. TRULY sad.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This is rediculous. I have been saying all along (quite clearly) that those under Grace (which comes by faith) you are under the law. By extension, if you are of faith you are NOT under the law! I have been quite clear on that. I use direct words and cite scripture that plainly back that up.

What is ridiculous, faith which comes by grace, or, <<Grace (which comes by faith)>>?

Is it ridiculous that <<those under Grace .. are under the law>>, but, <<if you are of faith>> which is by grace, <<you are NOT under the law>>? It is no laughing matter!

You have been quite clear on absolutely nothing. You use unclear words and cite no Scripture that plainly don't back them up. I have been saying it all along (quite clearly) (by extension)!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No! I am not GOOD ENOUGH to be under the law! I need Grace through Faith!

Now you got me confused properly! You say you're <<not GOOD ENOUGH to be under the law>>, but you <<need>>, [Sic.], <<Grace through Faith!>>? For what? To help get you under the Law?
And through whose <faith>, your <faith>?! NOW you used <clear words>! But why you would need grace if you got it through your faith, I still cannot understand.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
exempted" [sic]

Me: “exempted”; You: [sic] Me: [Sic.]

But why? ‘exempt’ Participle ‘exempted’ Verb Passive Past Tense 3rd person plural. What’s wrong, please?

Oraait, I see it now, I used Present Perfect auxiliary verb "are" requiring the Participle, 'you are exempt'! Thanks for pointing out!

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

• Q. What is the Third Commandment? ( Remember they renumbered! )
    A. The third Commandment is: Remember thour keep holy the Sabbath day.
    Q. Which is the Sabbath day?
    A. Saturday is the Sabbath day.

Q. Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?
    A. We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday."
    [ The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, 1951 printing, page 50. ]

Ummmm.....You do know that The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine is NOT the Catechism of The Church?

Sooooo would you like to try again?
It's a brief catechism for Learners... Young Catholic converts... And it is Catholic doctrine. Either it is true or false.
Can you quote from the Catechism this alleged admittance so we can discuss what the Catechism says instead of what you believe it says?
Done above... Only you argue over semantics... Refusing to actually engage despite your claim above your desire to discuss.
Nice diversion......
It wasn't. It is very pertinent. You won't engage in that either because it unveils your shallowness and hypocrisy.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Preachers of the Law of Moses don't keep the Law of Moses. But they love to preach it!

They (may) do it because preachers of the Law of Moses don't keep the Law of Moses, but they love to preach it in obedience to New Testament instruction as among many other Scriptures, in 1Peter 1:11,12,23... "SO THAT UNTO YOU THEREFORE THAT BELIEVE HE IS PRECIOUS BUT UNTO THEM WHICH BE DISOBEDIENT (SCOFFERS) HE IS THE STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENCE-- even to them who stumble at The Word, being DISOBEDIENT, who do not SHOW FORTH THE PRAISES OF HIM who hath called you (in Moses and all the other OT Scriptures, like Israel,) OUT OF DARKNESS INTO HIS MARVELLOUS LIGHT" as found in the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the New Testament.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog
The Catechism, what is it? Can it be relied to upon tell the truth?
It is not The Catechism that is why it’s called the Converts Catechism. Not sure why that is so hard to understand.

Yes, it can be relied upon IF it quotes directly from The Catechism of the Catholic Church and does NOT give opinions on it’s interpretation. Does it do that? It appears to be one mans interpretation of The Catechism and, according to my research, not ‘approved’ by The Church.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a brief catechism for Learners... Young Catholic converts... And it is Catholic doctrine. Either it is true or false.

Done above... Only you argue over semantics... Refusing to actually engage despite your claim above your desire to discuss.
LOL...You quote from page 50 of the Converts Catechism of Catholic Doctrine and then say you quoted from The Catechism....how dishonest and bizarre.

Only The Catechism of The Catholic Church, which is approved by The Vatican, is true or false.

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is ridiculous, faith which comes by grace, or, <<Grace (which comes by faith)>>?

Is it ridiculous that <<those under Grace .. are under the law>>, but, <<if you are of faith>> which is by grace, <<you are NOT under the law>>? It is no laughing matter!

You have been quite clear on absolutely nothing. You use unclear words and cite no Scripture that plainly don't back them up. I have been saying it all along (quite clearly) (by extension)!
Goodbye Gerhard.... I don't even think you are being serious anymore.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
100487209_10217237698358834_1813055564230426624_n.jpg

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mother and daughter having a spat, who is the prettiest of the harlots,

Rev_17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me our sabbath is whichever day we choose to rest from our labours and not necessarily a Sunday or a Saturday. Many people - even Christians - must work on those days so it makes sense if they do, to designate another day as a day of rest.
Scripture seems to support you: do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Scripture seems to support you: do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Roman Catholic and Seventh day Adventist <Scripture> yes, but NOT ONE SINGLE word or concept of the Written Word of God for His Church before your adulteration of it.