What Do We Do About False Teachings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see a couple of members on here doing this and to be more specific I was told that I was going to go to Hell even though I'm a believer because of the fact that I'm a sinner. I'm sorry? I thought that was the reason that I need a Savior in the first place and the worst part is that they're totally twisting around scripture and changing it when it isn't even talking about that at all. Is this worthy of a report? I wasn't sure. :/

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see a couple of members on here doing this and to be more specific I was told that I was going to go to Hell even though I'm a believer because of the fact that I'm a sinner. I'm sorry? I thought that was the reason that I need a Savior in the first place and the worst part is that they're totally twisting around scripture and changing it when it isn't even talking about that at all. Is this worthy of a report? I wasn't sure. :/
Consider the attitude of the person. Some people believe that if you don't believe as they do, you are in serious trouble with God. The serious trouble with God is according to your own heart, which usually you see better than other people do and God sees better than you do.

If someone disagrees with you nicely without personal insults or sarcasms I would stand back and leave it alone. For yourself and for them in every case simply talk to God [pray] asking that He help you and them to move where and if God wants you to move.

None of us here are yet where Jesus was... but all of us here should be on the approach to where He was. Let us not hinder Him as He helps us move to that place.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
April, if someone told me I was going to hell, I would put them on IGNORE so fast that - well - really fast.
I might report it as well, because a poster that would tell another member they are going to hell needs to have a Moderator address them for that action - no two ways about that.
You don't need to stand it for one second that someone says you are going to hell.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well isn't telling me I'm going to Hell a personal insult in this situation?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
April, if someone told me I was going to hell, I would put them on IGNORE so fast that - well - really fast.
I might report it as well, because a poster that would tell another member they are going to hell needs to have a Moderator address them for that action - no two ways about that.
You don't need to stand it for one second that someone says you are going to hell.

Good point.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point.
There are several people who think they are Christian all the while being blasphemers. They deny the Trinity, the Diety of Jesus. They do something blasphemous with the gospel message...you shouldn't have anything to do with those people...they are Dead spiritually and want to kill you spiritually too....only trouble is that they can't take your soul...only entice you into giving it up.

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non-Trinnies and Not-Godders are all over. I put them on IGNORE as soon as I perceive that is what they are. I would rather talk to atheists or Hindus.