• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(source: Book | Revelations on Revelation | cult)

Hello to you, I do not except anyone to believe this view which is considered the view of Fulfillment. However, if you are curious to learn about what this is please feel free to explore these explanations below if you would like to, may God guide, and may God bless you with grace and peace!

Revelation 22
Young's Literal Translation

22: 1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, bright as crystal, going forth out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. (1)

Verse 1(1) - John's vision of the river of life flowing through the New Jerusalem is very similar to Zechariah's vision, which describes Jerusalem is the time of the day of the Lord in Chapter 14:8, saying, "And in that day it shall be that living waters shall flow from Jerusalem, half of them toward the eastern sea and half of them toward the western; In both summer and winter it shall occur."​

Dispensationalists teach this is a future event and water will literally flow from material Jerusalem! This passage speaks of water coming from the new Jerusalem, which is from above, not the former which is from below, and is a fulfillment of thewWords of our Lord to the Woman at the well when He said in John 4:13, "Whoever drinks of this [well] water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of thew water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water sprinting up into everlasting life," and again, 'If anyone thirsts let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water'" [see John 7:37-38] [ see Ezekiel 47:1; Zechariah 14:8]​

2 in the midst of its broad place, and of the river on this side and on that, [is] a tree of life, yielding twelve fruits, in each several month rendering its fruits, and the leaves of the tree [are] for the service of the nations; (2)

Verse 2 (2) - This is remarkably similar to Ezekiel's vision of a river flowing from the threshold of the temple in Ezekiel 47:1-12. John's reference to "the tree of life" takes us back to Adam and Eve, the Garden of Eden, and to the tree of life that was there. [see Genesis 2:9 and Genesis 3:22-24]. In the Genesis account, Satan reigns. At the end of that age, Satan is bound. In Genesis, a cruise is given. In Revelation there is no more curse.

Take note that the Revelation depiction speaks to the environs of the New Jerusalem, and therefore all of the application is spiritual. With women still suffering the curse of pain in child-birth, men still have to earn their bread by the sweat of their brow and physical death remaining is a reality ,but in the Spirit all the elements of the case [especially spirit death] are eliminated and God is victorious.​
[see Genesis 2:9; Ezekiel 47:12; Revelation 2:7; Revelation 21:21; Revelation 21:24]​

3 and any curse there shall not be any more (3), and the throne of God and of the Lamb (4) shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him (5),

Verse 3 - (3) Perhaps this is another reference to the Garden of Eden and the curses spoken over the serpent and over humanity, or may this is a reference to the curse of the law, which was removed in Christ [Galatians 3:10-13]. Most Scholars believe verse three and the curse reference parallels Zechariah 14:11/ By looking at the LXX, we see a strong similarity between the two statements.
John means accursed persons are absent, not that the curse no longer exists. John has just learned at the end of his visionary tour leading through the former age into the New that certain persons will be excluded from from the New Jerusalem. This is pointed out in the previous chapter [verse 8] and is repeated here in chapter 22 at verse 27 where it says, "and nothing unclean and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life."

Now as John looks inside the new Jerusalem, he an happily report that this is true and the Greek supports it. "Every cursed person will not be there," which he will readdress in Revelation 22:15. It's worth the time to compare the contents of Zechariah 14 with Revelation chapters 21-22.
Verse 3 - (4) - Note "throne" is singular but it is for Yahweh and the Lamb, who are now One as the Lord God Almighty. Also not that YHWH, and the Lamb are described as Him, not they.

Verse 3 - (5) One the major differences between those in the new Jerusalem and those outside of it will be those within will desire to worship the true and living God while those outside of it have never been interested in such devotion.

[see Ezekiel 48:35; Zechariah 14:11]

Next Post: #4

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always go to the beginning to find the answers at the end. Because it's circular.

Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Isa 51:3 For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, H5731 and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.
Eze 36:35 And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; H5731 and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.

Gen 2:10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
Psa 46:4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

The very first thing which was cursed was the serpent followed by the ground.
Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Gen 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Gen 5:29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.

Cain was a tiller of the curse.
Gen 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

tiller:
ʻâbad, aw-bad'; a primitive root; to work (in any sense); by implication, to serve, till, (causatively) enslave, etc.:—× be, keep in bondage, be bondmen, bond-service, compel, do, dress, ear, execute, husbandman, keep, labour(-ing man, bring to pass, (cause to, make to) serve(-ing, self), (be, become) servant(-s), do (use) service, till(-er), transgress (from margin), (set a) work, be wrought, worshipper,

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Man and woman were removed from Eden and cast down to the earth from which they came. (earthy)
And they had 2 sons, the oldest was Cain, a servant and worshipper of the ground which was cursed.

Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

God did not accept Cain's offering. And Cain became jealous and angry and wrathful producing some very ugly fruit, and slew his brother Abel.
At which God cursed Cain from himself and the face of the earth. That would be his parents.

Gen 4:11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
Gen 4:12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
Gen 4:13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
Gen 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Isa 24:3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.
Isa 24:4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.
Isa 24:5The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.
Isa 24:6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Isa 24:19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
Isa 24:20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
Isa 24:21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
Isa 24:22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
Isa 24:23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

I believe God is in the business of bringing "many son's" to glory.
Adam being the first, failed. Jesus being the first succeeded.
Funny, you can look at two sides of the coin at the same exact time.
One road led to chaos and the other led to perfection.

Which road are we choosing at this time?
It's a fine line, but both are true.
Revelation isn't in the past or in the future.
It's Now. It's Today.
Hugs

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always go to the beginning to find the answers at the end. Because it's circular.

Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Isa 51:3 For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, H5731 and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.
Eze 36:35 And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; H5731 and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.

Gen 2:10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
Psa 46:4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

The very first thing which was cursed was the serpent followed by the ground.
Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Gen 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Gen 5:29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.

Cain was a tiller of the curse.
Gen 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

tiller:
ʻâbad, aw-bad'; a primitive root; to work (in any sense); by implication, to serve, till, (causatively) enslave, etc.:—× be, keep in bondage, be bondmen, bond-service, compel, do, dress, ear, execute, husbandman, keep, labour(-ing man, bring to pass, (cause to, make to) serve(-ing, self), (be, become) servant(-s), do (use) service, till(-er), transgress (from margin), (set a) work, be wrought, worshipper,

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Man and woman were removed from Eden and cast down to the earth from which they came. (earthy)
And they had 2 sons, the oldest was Cain, a servant and worshipper of the ground which was cursed.

Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

God did not accept Cain's offering. And Cain became jealous and angry and wrathful producing some very ugly fruit, and slew his brother Abel.
At which God cursed Cain from himself and the face of the earth. That would be his parents.

Gen 4:11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
Gen 4:12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
Gen 4:13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
Gen 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Isa 24:3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.
Isa 24:4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.
Isa 24:5The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.
Isa 24:6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Isa 24:19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
Isa 24:20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
Isa 24:21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
Isa 24:22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
Isa 24:23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

I believe God is in the business of bringing "many son's" to glory.
Adam being the first, failed. Jesus being the first succeeded.
Funny, you can look at two sides of the coin at the same exact time.
One road led to chaos and the other led to perfection.

Which road are we choosing at this time?
It's a fine line, but both are true.
Revelation isn't in the past or in the future.
It's Now. It's Today.
Hugs

Thank you for bringing forth some of your comments, Ziggy. The view that is being shared is not quite done with as I believe it can be an overlooked view, or a very rare or obscure view to be read about. You mention two sides of a coin, that reminds of the two-sided coin of the Christian perspective. Faith on one side, Love on the other.

Reactions: Ziggy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued from post #1

4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. (6)

Verse 4 - (6) - Kurt Simmons, who we appealed to before, gives his take on the significance of Revelation 22:4, saying: "The fall brought man's banishment from the presence and fellowship of his Creator; man was drive from the garden; he was estranged from God and became an exile in the earth... Even in the temple, God was in the Holy of Holies, separate and removed from the worshiper. None could approach except through the shedding of blood and the appointed mediator. The stranger the drew nigh was put to death. However, the view of separation was rent in twain in the cross of Christ [Matthew 27:51]; man can now body enter into that which is within the view, made faultless before his presence by the blood of Christ [Hebrews 6:19; Hebrews 10:19-22; Jude 1:24]. We are no longer servants, but have attained the adoption of sons, are become heirs of the King, and enjoy a 'face to face' relationship with God through Christ." The names in the foreheads may refer back to Revelation 3:11-12. [see Matthew 5:8; 1 Corinthians 13:12; 1 John 3:2; Revelation 3:12; Revelation 14:1]​

5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever. (7)

Verse 5 - (7) - This passage should sound familiar, as Revelation 21 reads, "The city had no need of sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light." [Isaiah 60:1-3; Daniel 12:3; John 1:4-5; John 8:12; Romans 13:11-12; 1 Thessalonians 5:1-2]​

It's important to remember all that John saw, from Revelation 21 to this verse, occurred after the second coming of Christ with reward for His saints and the destruction of Israel. We now come to the conclusion of the Revelation where John, through Yeshua, returns to warning the seven churches of all that's about the happen [which was covered in the first twenty chapters.] [see Pslam 36:9; Daniel 7:27; Romans 5:17; 2 Timothy 2:12; Revelation 3:21; Revelation 21:23, Revelation 21:25]​

6 The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.” (8)

Verse 6 - (8) In the next 15 verses there will be six references to Yeshua returning quickly. Remember this Revelation was given to the seven church in Asia Minor then, and shortly, quickly, and at hand in the Greek meant exactly that, not 2,000 years later.

[see Revelation 1:1,7; Revelation 3:3; Revelation 3:11; Revelation 16:15; Revelation 19:9; Revelation 21:5]

7 “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.” (9)

Verse 7 - (9) - The prophecies of this book given specifically to the people in the seven churches of that day cannot be kept by people today or thereafter - they were not given to us. We use them to learn and understand more about the kingdom and the completely of that age, but not to guide us toward a future demise.

[See Revelation 1:3; Revelation 3:11; Revelation 22:10; Revelation 22:12; Revelation 22:20]

8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things.And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. (10)

Verse 8 - (10) This is the second time John has made this mistake in receiving this revelation.

[See Revelation 19:10]

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for bringing forth some of your comments, Ziggy. The view that is being shared is not quite done with as I believe it can be an overlooked view, or a very rare or obscure view to be read about. You mention two sides of a coin, that reminds of the two-sided coin of the Christian perspective. Faith on one side, Love on the other.
Psa 85:10 Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seven churches:

Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which arein Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Seven candlesticks.

Zec 4:1 And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep,
Zec 4:2 And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:
Zec 4:3 And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.
Zec 4:4 So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
Zec 4:5 Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.

Why are there "seven churches" and not One church?

Zec 4:11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
Zec 4:12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
Zec 4:13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
Zec 4:14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Are these two witnesses both the olive trees and the candlesticks?

If a candlestick is a church, then where are the other 5?

Rev 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

There was one pure candlestick Moses was directed to make:

Exo 37:17 And he made the candlestick of pure gold: of beaten work made he the candlestick; his shaft, and his branch, his bowls, his knops, and his flowers, were of the same:
Exo 37:18 And six branches going out of the sides thereof; three branches of the candlestick out of the one side thereof, and three branches of the candlestick out of the other side thereof:

If the candlestick represents the church, then what are the six branches?
There are seven churches....

3 branches on the left and 3 branches on the right.
I believe the "Candlestick" represents the first Adam. And God removed a (Branch) rib, and made a woman. The woman representing the church over which the "candlestick" resides. Like a husband over his household.

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent... God is talking to man.
What was the first works they were doing before the fall?

Gen 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Gen 2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

This again is two sides of the same coin seen from opposing views.
One can look at it as they were innocent as children knowing no wrong and living their lives in pleasure, knowing no sin.
On the other side is complete abandonment and living in sin to the fullest because no knowledge of sin had yet been made.
The bible speaks of being ashamed as something that brings guilt.
But if there is no sin, then no guilt exists, until it is revealed.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

When God told Adam not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, perhaps they would of kept living out their lives in Eden for all eternity.
The commandment not to eat was meant to keep them alive. (Which was ordained to life)
Adam was "created" from the "dust" of the earth. These to me are those that are spiritually dead, they live outside the city gates of Jerusalem.
These are the murderes and the liars and the dogs, which love to lie and make lies.
From these, God took and created himself a son.

Hard to picture Mary and the Jewish nation as the "dust" of the earth, But God calls them such, many times.
So God took this dust from the earth... earth is man, human, peoples, nations...
And he formed a man as if God created seed within Mary, God created seed in the earth.
And this he formed into a man and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.

This Man we call Adam became the first Candlestick and Eve his wife taken as branch from his ribs, a woman was created.
It is not good that man shall be alone.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Rev 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Why are there 7 churches and not One church?
I can understand 2 churches, 1 earthy and 1 heavenly...
but where are the other 5?

Thinking..
hugs

Reactions: MatthewG

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(source: Book | Revelations on Revelation | cult)

Hello to you, I do not except anyone to believe this view which is considered the view of Fulfillment. However, if you are curious to learn about what this is please feel free to explore these explanations below if you would like to, may God guide, and may God bless you with grace and peace!

Revelation 22
Young's Literal Translation

Verse 1(1) - John's vision of the river of life flowing through the New Jerusalem is very similar to Zechariah's vision, which describes Jerusalem is the time of the day of the Lord in Chapter 14:8, saying, "And in that day it shall be that living waters shall flow from Jerusalem, half of them toward the eastern sea and half of them toward the western; In both summer and winter it shall occur."​

Dispensationalists teach this is a future event and water will literally flow from material Jerusalem! This passage speaks of water coming from the new Jerusalem, which is from above, not the former which is from below, and is a fulfillment of thewWords of our Lord to the Woman at the well when He said in John 4:13, "Whoever drinks of this [well] water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of thew water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water sprinting up into everlasting life," and again, 'If anyone thirsts let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water'" [see John 7:37-38] [ see Ezekiel 47:1; Zechariah 14:8]​

Verse 2 (2) - This is remarkably similar to Ezekiel's vision of a river flowing from the threshold of the temple in Ezekiel 47:1-12. John's reference to "the tree of life" takes us back to Adam and Eve, the Garden of Eden, and to the tree of life that was there. [see Genesis 2:9 and Genesis 3:22-24]. In the Genesis account, Satan reigns. At the end of that age, Satan is bound. In Genesis, a cruise is given. In Revelation there is no more curse.

Take note that the Revelation depiction speaks to the environs of the New Jerusalem, and therefore all of the application is spiritual. With women still suffering the curse of pain in child-birth, men still have to earn their bread by the sweat of their brow and physical death remaining is a reality ,but in the Spirit all the elements of the case [especially spirit death] are eliminated and God is victorious.​
[see Genesis 2:9; Ezekiel 47:12; Revelation 2:7; Revelation 21:21; Revelation 21:24]​

Verse 3 - (3) Perhaps this is another reference to the Garden of Eden and the curses spoken over the serpent and over humanity, or may this is a reference to the curse of the law, which was removed in Christ [Galatians 3:10-13]. Most Scholars believe verse three and the curse reference parallels Zechariah 14:11/ By looking at the LXX, we see a strong similarity between the two statements.
John means accursed persons are absent, not that the curse no longer exists. John has just learned at the end of his visionary tour leading through the former age into the New that certain persons will be excluded from from the New Jerusalem. This is pointed out in the previous chapter [verse 8] and is repeated here in chapter 22 at verse 27 where it says, "and nothing unclean and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life."

Now as John looks inside the new Jerusalem, he an happily report that this is true and the Greek supports it. "Every cursed person will not be there," which he will readdress in Revelation 22:15. It's worth the time to compare the contents of Zechariah 14 with Revelation chapters 21-22.
Verse 3 - (4) - Note "throne" is singular but it is for Yahweh and the Lamb, who are now One as the Lord God Almighty. Also not that YHWH, and the Lamb are described as Him, not they.

Verse 3 - (5) One the major differences between those in the new Jerusalem and those outside of it will be those within will desire to worship the true and living God while those outside of it have never been interested in such devotion.

[see Ezekiel 48:35; Zechariah 14:11]

Next Post: #4

It is the last inspired chapter of God's inspired writings. I quote many times and pray for the fulfillment of verse 20 Amen! Come Lord Jesus! How we Christians look forward to that time.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @MatthewG you have your own view about how you see things and that is subjective to you as an individual person. Your views and ideas are not from objective truth, but are biased.

hope this helps !!!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seven churches:

Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which arein Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Seven candlesticks.

Zec 4:1 And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep,
Zec 4:2 And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:
Zec 4:3 And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.
Zec 4:4 So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
Zec 4:5 Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.

Why are there "seven churches" and not One church?

Zec 4:11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
Zec 4:12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
Zec 4:13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
Zec 4:14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Are these two witnesses both the olive trees and the candlesticks?

If a candlestick is a church, then where are the other 5?

There was one pure candlestick Moses was directed to make:

Exo 37:17 And he made the candlestick of pure gold: of beaten work made he the candlestick; his shaft, and his branch, his bowls, his knops, and his flowers, were of the same:
Exo 37:18 And six branches going out of the sides thereof; three branches of the candlestick out of the one side thereof, and three branches of the candlestick out of the other side thereof:

If the candlestick represents the church, then what are the six branches?
There are seven churches....

3 branches on the left and 3 branches on the right.
I believe the "Candlestick" represents the first Adam. And God removed a (Branch) rib, and made a woman. The woman representing the church over which the "candlestick" resides. Like a husband over his household.

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent... God is talking to man.
What was the first works they were doing before the fall?

Gen 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Gen 2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

This again is two sides of the same coin seen from opposing views.
One can look at it as they were innocent as children knowing no wrong and living their lives in pleasure, knowing no sin.
On the other side is complete abandonment and living in sin to the fullest because no knowledge of sin had yet been made.
The bible speaks of being ashamed as something that brings guilt.
But if there is no sin, then no guilt exists, until it is revealed.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

When God told Adam not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, perhaps they would of kept living out their lives in Eden for all eternity.
The commandment not to eat was meant to keep them alive. (Which was ordained to life)
Adam was "created" from the "dust" of the earth. These to me are those that are spiritually dead, they live outside the city gates of Jerusalem.
These are the murderes and the liars and the dogs, which love to lie and make lies.
From these, God took and created himself a son.

Hard to picture Mary and the Jewish nation as the "dust" of the earth, But God calls them such, many times.
So God took this dust from the earth... earth is man, human, peoples, nations...
And he formed a man as if God created seed within Mary, God created seed in the earth.
And this he formed into a man and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.

This Man we call Adam became the first Candlestick and Eve his wife taken as branch from his ribs, a woman was created.
It is not good that man shall be alone.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Why are there 7 churches and not One church?
I can understand 2 churches, 1 earthy and 1 heavenly...
but where are the other 5?

Thinking..
hugs

Thank you for sharing, that is a lot to think about indeed, Ziggy.