What do you enjoy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So here's a happy subject, what do you enjoy doing? What are your hobbies? What fun things have you been doing recently?

:D
Great thread!

Bible and Hymnsings are top.

My wife and I are so on the same page in pretty much everything. Spending time with her is a delight!

Trips to our cabin in the mountains, raising cactus, and playing with our cats. Most any artistic stuff.

Much love!

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My passion is rollerblading. In July & August, I rollerbladed more miles than I drove my truck. The 'burn' as people call it is something I love to feel. Also, I love greeting people along the bicycle path as I rollerblade; I love spreading my smile around to others, who usually smile back at me.

I also love learning about science and listening to lectures about science. I love trying to understand my spirituality better by understanding science.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have made a new dining room table...
Table Project Table Project
To aide me this winter with the thousands of cookies and home made chocolates and gingerbread houses I make every year.
Christmas candies and cookies Christmas candies and cookies
I have been making all kinds of leathercrafts.
Boxes, pencil holders and more. (Building up to a new tool bag for my power tools and etc.(hand tools have their own shoulder bag I made several years ago)
Recent Dump Recent Dump
(Wife wouldn't let me have some back even for the pic....but I even tried to bribe her with a Chihuly art show)

And then finally...

I just got a meat grinder attachment for my 8qt Kitchenaid mixer (it's a hoss)
And with it came the sausage tubes...so I got Prague powder and some hog casings and have been trying my hand at sausage making...
No pics yet...but coming soon.
I've not gotten it exactly perfect yet...I want them perfect. Last time the seasonings were perfect but I somehow broke the emulsion and didn't get the mix bound up tight enough.
So I'll post pics when they are perfect.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have made a new dining room table...
Table Project Table Project
To aide me this winter with the thousands of cookies and home made chocolates and gingerbread houses I make every year.
Christmas candies and cookies Christmas candies and cookies
I have been making all kinds of leathercrafts.
Boxes, pencil holders and more. (Building up to a new tool bag for my power tools and etc.(hand tools have their own shoulder bag I made several years ago)
Recent Dump Recent Dump
(Wife wouldn't let me have some back even for the pic....but I even tried to bribe her with a Chihuly art show)

And then finally...

I just got a meat grinder attachment for my 8qt Kitchenaid mixer (it's a hoss)
And with it came the sausage tubes...so I got Prague powder and some hog casings and have been trying my hand at sausage making...
No pics yet...but coming soon.
I've not gotten it exactly perfect yet...I want them perfect. Last time the seasonings were perfect but I somehow broke the emulsion and didn't get the mix bound up tight enough.
So I'll post pics when they are perfect.

Nice, pencil holders are good fun to make.
Here's the one I made last year.

IMG20200227105920.jpg

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice and even stitching!

That's one of the things that I've been working hard at doing.

But instead of decorative stitches like you have here... well you can see in the photos.

Of course I also am trying to figure out layout and design...it's going to take time and be a very expensive project. Veg tanned bellies are cheap and can be made into a lot of things that are great practice for working out stitching issues.
I've worked out how to line the leather with various cloth pieces... making them very nice and finished. (Maybe a portfolio in the future too)
I've discovered that:
It's a collection of doing a bunch of little things that make a project work out.
Go slowly to make sure of each step. Leather is very unforgiving with mis-marked lines or holes.
Supplies of fresh sharp razor blades is a big plus. (Exacto blades too)
Light brown is medium brown and medium brown is dark brown.

Reactions: Josho